NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly

American players have not played well overseas,so don't worry about NBA players leaving.

American kids play a one on one style game,which dosn't bode well in international basketball leagues that favor a team game.

International players learn old school basketball featuring passing the ball,pick and rolls,outside shooting and fundamental skills.

American kids play star ball,give me the ball and get out of my way as I go one on one .

These two styles can't co-exist on the same court,which is the reason Kristic,Erden and Sasha didn't play well in Boston.

Today's NBA features marketing star players,so non basketball playing fans can enjoy the game. These star seeking fans pay large sums of money to be entertained with dunks and Harlem Globetrotter style hoop. These same fans would not fill the stadiums to watch old school team ball. These new breed of fans want constant entertainment,dancing girls,giveaways,fireworks,and Hollywood Stars.

Players like Kobe,Pierce,Iverson,Durant,Wade,Lebron and countless other Stars would never leave the NBA for international waters.They would be fish out of water and there NBA style ME game would not fly.

NBA and International Basketball don't mix they are like Oil and Water.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly

In Response to NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly:
    [QUOTE]American players have not played well overseas,so don't worry about NBA players leaving. American kids play a one on one style game,which dosn't bode well in international basketball leagues that favor a team game. International players learn old school basketball featuring passing the ball,pick and rolls,outside shooting and fundamental skills. American kids play star ball,give me the ball and get out of my way as I go one on one . These two styles can't co-exist on the same court,which is the reason Kristic,Erden and Sasha didn't play well in Boston. Today's NBA features marketing star players,so non basketball playing fans can enjoy the game. These star seeking fans pay large sums of money to be entertained with dunks and Harlem Globetrotter style hoop. These same fans would not fill the stadiums to watch old school team ball. These new breed of fans want constant entertainment,dancing girls,giveaways,fireworks,and Hollywood Stars. Players like Kobe,Pierce,Iverson,Durant,Wade,Lebron and countless other Stars would never leave the NBA for international waters.They would be fish out of water and there NBA style ME game would not fly. NBA and International Basketball don't mix they are like Oil and Water. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

This is the first post that I'll agree with you, but only somewhat.  Old School was still physical, but players moved without the ball and ran plays on offense instead of mostly isolation

To the NBA's and NCAA's credit, they're trying to cut AAU out of the picture, but it's tough.  If you don't hog the ball and iso your way into big stats, you never get noticed unless you're 6'9"+

Anyhow, I also doubt that Euro teams will want selfish NBA players who don't know how to play team ball and have questionable fundamentals, except as role players.  I don't think there are enough roster spots open overseas for expensive players who don't have good fundamentals and don't move without the ball

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Durant doesn't play well in international competition? Kevin Durant? I remember that guy played quite well on the last World Championships.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly:
    [QUOTE] International players learn old school basketball featuring passing the ball,pick and rolls,outside shooting and fundamental skills.

Is it because these players don't have the athleticism as their NBA counterparts?

Have you ever watched a Princeton basketball game?  It is the exact same game as your International teams.  What do you think happens when Princeton plays against the big boys of the NCAAs, like Cal?  Yep, they get pummelled by their bigger, more athletic opponents.  Not surprisingly, this is what happens when current NBA stars play against their international opponents (check out the 2008 Olympics results).  So why do international players seemingly play more "team" ball than the NBA?  Because, like Princeton, they contain a bunch of slow, white guys (who addmittedly can shoot), and this is their best chance of winning.

As to the main question in this thread, NBA players don't play well internationally because they're just not that good to begin with.  Overseas teams are peppered with American players who can't cut it in today's NBA.  As for ex-NBA superstars like Iverson, he finally signed in Turkey because no NBA team wanted an over-the-hill one-dimensional player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly:
    [QUOTE]In Response to NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : This is the first post that I'll agree with you, but only somewhat.  Old School was still physical, but players moved without the ball and ran plays on offense instead of mostly isolation To the NBA's and NCAA's credit, they're trying to cut AAU out of the picture, but it's tough.  If you don't hog the ball and iso your way into big stats, you never get noticed unless you're 6'9"+ Anyhow, I also doubt that Euro teams will want selfish NBA players who don't know how to play team ball and have questionable fundamentals, except as role players.  I don't think there are enough roster spots open overseas for expensive players who don't have good fundamentals and don't move without the ball
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I actually think koME would do well.  Of course, out here -in CA he has a HUGE following of Armenian-American fans.  Wonder how they'll respond to him playing in Turkey??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Kobe might rape over seas.. HAHA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe might rape over seas.. HAHA
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

And down the gutter we go....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe might rape over seas.. HAHA
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Please, run the racist started this thread.  It already had no cred!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : Is it because these players don't have the athleticism as their NBA counterparts? Have you ever watched a Princeton basketball game?  It is the exact same game as your International teams.  What do you think happens when Princeton plays against the big boys of the NCAAs, like Cal?  Yep, they get pummelled by their bigger, more athletic opponents.  Not surprisingly, this is what happens when current NBA stars play against their international opponents (check out the 2008 Olympics results).  So why do international players seemingly play more "team" ball than the NBA?  Because, like Princeton, they contain a bunch of slow, white guys (who addmittedly can shoot), and this is their best chance of winning. As to the main question in this thread, NBA players don't play well internationally because they're just not that good to begin with.  Overseas teams are peppered with American players who can't cut it in today's NBA.  As for ex-NBA superstars like Iverson, he finally signed in Turkey because no NBA team wanted an over-the-hill one-dimensional player.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

HELLO,

You state that teams like Princeton get pummeled by teams like Cal???

Princeton has had great success against most top NCAA teams the last 20 years .Remember them almost beating a great Georgetown team,losing at the buzzer.This year Harvard almost beat NCAA champion UConn losing by 2 pts.

International teams have won most of the world tournaments the last 10 years.

Real Madrid the European hoop champ destroyed the Lakers last summer.

Just last week our 19u team lost twice and finished out of the world championship.

American kids are the same as international kids in athletic skill,but international kids play a better team game.

Take care Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Durant doesn't play well in international competition? Kevin Durant? I remember that guy played quite well on the last World Championships.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Durant did play great in international games last year and is a great player. Just needs to pass more.

Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : I actually think koME would do well.  Of course, out here -in CA he has a HUGE following of Armenian-American fans.  Wonder how they'll respond to him playing in Turkey??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

They all COULD play well,but they would need to adjust their games.I don't think they would be happy playing more team ball and less one on one style.

Run

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps if a good enough portion of the league goes over seas they could take over the international scene, make it the NBA game and then you'd have a new racial rant to start here. Thug playground ball dominates Europe. I can see that thread now lol.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Classic!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Thug playground ball dominates Europe. I can see that thread now lol.

I guess this is not racist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps if a good enough portion of the league goes over seas they could take over the international scene, make it the NBA game and then you'd have a new racial rant to start here. Thug playground ball dominates Europe. I can see that thread now lol.

Says the guy who say LA is a bunch of queers.  Now you're crying about racist remarks.  Hilarious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : HELLO, You state that teams like Princeton get pummeled by teams like Cal??? Princeton has had great success against most top NCAA teams the last 20 years .Remember them almost beating a great Georgetown team,losing at the buzzer.

And how often does this happen? 10%?

[QUOTE]International teams have won most of the world tournaments the last 10 years.

You mean a team of professional Europeans against a bunch of American collegiate kids? And when mostly NBA players are involved, like last year's FIBA championships or the 2008 Olympics, guess what country blisters the rest of the field?

[QUOTE] Real Madrid the European hoop champ destroyed the Lakers last summer.

In an Exhibition Game?  Impressive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Great job of cutting and pasting.  You actually got in some hoops talk in between the insults.  A step up for sure.

The whole thread is ridiculous.  If ANY of those teams came over here they'd win about 30 games max.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]ICND, I step up when you and yours insult the Celtics. If you don't like it post your garbage on around the NBA instead of the Celtics specific board. Insecure Creepy Needle Dink.

None of my posts on this thread mentioned "Boston" or "Celtics" so I don't know where you're coming from.  Who's insecure now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : None of my posts on this thread mentioned "Boston" or "Celtics" so I don't know where you're coming from.  Who's insecure now?
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

What are you 15?  That is the kind of thing you write AFTER you've made a point or won an argument.  Since you did neither, don't understand it at all!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : What are you 15?  That is the kind of thing you write AFTER you've made a point or won an argument.  Since you did neither, don't understand it at all!

What?  I was responding to his play on my username.  He insinuated that I denegrated the Celtics in this thread and I didn't.

Being a Lakers fan, I have no illusions of winning any argument on this board - no Celtics fan would admit losing a quarrel with a Lakers fan, even if they did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : What?  I was responding to his play on my username.  He insinuated that I denegrated the Celtics in this thread and I didn't. Being a Lakers fan, I have no illusions of winning any argument on this board - no Celtics fan would admit losing a quarrel with a Lakers fan, even if they did.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Well, that is certainly an intelligent response.  SO, since I have stated many times that I respect the lakers and their organization (although I dislike koME and Phony Phil), and I was the first to congratulate when you won in 2010, WHAT, may I ask, is your personal problem with me?  Since you know you can't win an argument, why bother?  And why all the insults and expletives?  I can have very spirited and fun conversations with lakers fans.....you should try it sometime.  For example - why all the hoopla over Dwight Howard?  Do you think he would make your team that much better, when it is clear you need a point guard?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]why all the hoopla over Dwight Howard?  Do you think he would make your team that much better, when it is clear you need a point guard?

First, would you rather have an oft-injured and inconsistent Bynum, or Dwight Howard?  Second, Yes, the Lakers need a legit PG but the chances of landing someone like Chris Paul or Deron Williams is remote at best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Players Don't Play Well Internationaly : First, would you rather have an oft-injured and inconsistent Bynum, or Dwight Howard?  Second, Yes, the Lakers need a legit PG but the chances of landing someone like Chris Paul or Deron Williams is remote at best.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Right now, if you want Howard, they will make you take Arenas!  ORL is holding all the cards here.  There are only 3 possiblities:
    1.  They keep him.
    2.  They trade him at deadline, which will put the lakers out of it, since he has said he will test free agency.
    3.  They trade him NOW.  And, as you said, he is the better player.  So, you want Dwight, you have to take Arenas, too.  The only way that happens is - Arenas and Howard to lakers, Bynum, Odom, Blake and Walton to the Magic!  Does that trade make you better?  I say, NO!