NBA Playoff Record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

NBA Playoff Record

Congratulations to Andrew Bynum for tying the NBA record of 10 blocks in a game. Despite playing against 3 different 7 footers, Bynum dominated the paint.

Bynum - Triple Double
    Jordan Hill - Double Double

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: NBA Playoff Record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YwrJIfQOo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHVawTeji3Y&feature=related

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Drew tied the "official record".......they didn't keep track of these stats until fairly recently....be assured the Big Bill and Wilt obliterated this number quite frequently back in the day....trust me on this one....I watched and listened back in the '60's with my buds and we tracked blocks & rebounds.....kind of like sacks in the NFL....Deacon Jones rang up totals that aren't even acknowledged in the record book......but a nice day's work by Mr Bynum.....the kid definitely has talent...be glad you didn't get your wish (Howard)....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Playoff Record:
    [QUOTE]Drew tied the "official record".......they didn't keep track of these stats until fairly recently....be assured the Big Bill and Wilt obliterated this number quite frequently back in the day....trust me on this one....I watched and listened back in the '60's with my buds and we tracked blocks & rebounds.....kind of like sacks in the NFL....Deacon Jones rang up totals that aren't even acknowledged in the record book......but a nice day's work by Mr Bynum.....the kid definitely has talent...be glad you didn't get your wish (Howard)....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, what would you guess the true record to be (approximately) since you tracked blocks back in the day?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I would guess that Russ & Wilt rang up a few 15+ games.....remember that Russ only blocked the shots that he "wanted to"....he even admitted to not blocking a few so as to give the shooters a false sense of security during the games...he was at his best late in the games....but, by then, the shooters were so psyched that he only needed to be nearby....didn't even have to leave his feet....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

[QUOTE]I would guess that Russ & Wilt rang up a few 15+ games.....remember that Russ only blocked the shots that he "wanted to"....he even admitted to not blocking a few so as to give the shooters a false sense of security during the games...he was at his best late in the games....but, by then, the shooters were so psyched that he only needed to be nearby....didn't even have to leave his feet....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Pretty amazing Russell and Wilt must have been. Not watching basketball until the early 80's, I have always been under the impression that the league was a lot weaker back then, but that is still amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Certain celtic fans believe that had JON remained in green he would have got 20 blocks!

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Wilt I understand blocking so many, for Russell it was no great acheivement blocking shots shots from midget players. Put Bynum in a time capsule to the 50's and 60's and he would have been 2nd best to Wilt. The Lakers are the sleeping giant in these playoffs because of Bynum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not sure I get the last post................if Russ entered the league in 1957 and Wilt entered in 1959, didn't they play against the same "midgets?".........must have been something in the water during those two years!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Welcome back, hedley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back, hedley.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Thank you - and I have no problem with you - so can we keep it that way?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Mark Eaton was the best shotblocker I've ever seen.  I remember one year I watched a game and they showed a graphic of league leaders in blocks.  He was first, (h)akeem second, and samson 3rd.  Eaton had about the same number as the other two combined.

He couldn't do much else, but he could sure stuff up the middle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Playoff Record : Thank you - and I have no problem with you - so can we keep it that way?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Was it something I said?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Playoff Record : Was it something I said?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Nope, but the fact you didn't say anything is appreciated!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Playoff Record : Nope, but the fact you didn't say anything is appreciated!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Thought provoking post as usual f34!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to NBA Playoff Record:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations to Andrew Bynum for tying the NBA record of 10 blocks in a game. Despite playing against 3 different 7 footers, Bynum dominated the paint. Bynum - Triple Double Jordan Hill - Double Double
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Even on a Celtic board, Bynum receives the praise and admiration that he deserves. Thanks bro!

GO LAKERS!

Sections
Shortcuts