NBA Reffs in playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

ignore post

They could do a better job.  They let stuff go and then call touch or imaginary fouls.  The NBA needs to bring in some new blood that understand the game.  They need some reffs that have at least played  defense at a high level.  They remind me of boys that spent their time on the bench.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: NBA Reffs in playoffs

yeah the touch fouls are ridiculous.. its not the regular season anymore. make these guys step up and play through contact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wont comment on this season too much but NBA refs in general have been awful.. I also dont get allowing the refs, similarly umpires in baseball, to have their own "style" of calling a game that player have to adjust to.

For ex, there's a defined strike zone, why can umps apply their own interpretation of strikes? Same with the NBA refs, some call touch fouls, some let it be physical.. some like Mr Magoo clone Joey Crawford issue "T's" if you glance at him in the wrong way and others allow player to yell and scream at them without retribution..

It would also be nice to see the NBA discipline refs for poor performance and make it public, just like the players lose minutes on the court or are taken out of the starting lineup for poor play... what's the NBA worried about..everyone knows when the refs suk... ...Oh yea, stop censoring and intimidating most announcers to tow the company line when it comes to the nba... very few tell it like it is

Finally, let the players and coachs complain post game about whats obvious to everyone watching the game...horrible calls... No, they will fine them and hush them and maybe suspend them like they fell under the rules of Hitlers Germany

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Finally, let the players and coachs complain post game about whats obvious to everyone watching the game...horrible calls... No, they will fine them and hush them and maybe suspend them like they fell under the rules of Hitlers Germany

[/QUOTE]

Confession: Hitler was a wee bit before my time... but from what I understand, he rarely used suspensions or fines to "hush" folks.

Free advice: Comparisons to Hitler can be a bit dicey and should best be avoided.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Confession: Hitler was a wee bit before my time... but from what I understand, he rarely used suspensions or fines to "hush" folks.

Free advice: Comparisons to Hitler can be a bit dicey and should best be avoided.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

My intent was referring to the rules, meaning never say anything anti.... certainly not a comparison of the  consequences or punishment// I thought that might be kinda obvious... Perhaps I need writing lessons from 37stories, the frelance (aka unemployed) resident writer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Pud

My intent was referring to the rules, meaning never say anything anti.... certainly not a comparison of the  consequences or punishment// I thought that might be kinda obvious... Perhaps I need writing lessons from 37stories, the frelance (aka unemployed) resident writer

[/QUOTE]

You do need writing lesson for certain. The above might be the worst sentence I have ever seen in my life. You have no idea of basic punctuation, spelling, or sentence structure.

When you get a break at work on Monday give me a buzz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:

[QUOTE]

I sat on the bench for 40 years as coach, and there are good reffs and poor ones, the NBA has some sad cases.  When they get too involved in the game trying to even things up it is sad.  There are good reffs in the NBA, but my comment about many of the reffs not having a understanding of what a defensive person goes through is 100% true.  I hear this garbage all the time that you should not demand good officiating and I say for their pay there is no reason not to demand good officials.  Do all officials make mistakes, yes, but there are three of them, and they should let them play if they are not sure what happened, but believe it or not, many calls are made in favor of what the reff thinks should happen and who it is happening too. I am a bit touch on this subject because they could do better even if they need to go to four.  Ever wonder how a 180 lb guard brushes against a 250 lb guy AND 250 GUY GOES DOWN WITH A THUD.  Then the reff falls for it , time after time.

They could do a better job.  They let stuff go and then call touch or imaginary fouls.  The NBA needs to bring in some new blood that understand the game.  They need some reffs that have at least played  defense at a high level.  They remind me of boys that spent their time on the bench.

[/QUOTE]

It's easy to say they could do a better job when you're at home watching the game on TV.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

My intent was referring to the rules, meaning never say anything anti.... certainly not a comparison of the consequences or punishment// I thought that might be kinda obvious... Perhaps I need writing lessons from 37stories, the frelance (aka unemployed) resident writer

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study that shows that guys who compare NBA officials with Hitler also are too numb to know how to write a sentence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My intent was referring to the rules, meaning never say anything anti.... certainly not a comparison of the consequences or punishment// I thought that might be kinda obvious... Perhaps I need writing lessons from 37stories, the frelance (aka unemployed) resident writer

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study that shows that guys who compare NBA officials with Hitler also are too numb to know how to write a sentence.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study that shows that guys who criticize others sentence structure  are too dumb to even know how to spell the word dumb.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I meant numb

You not only can'w write a sentence, you also don't know the meaning of simple words.

Numb=senseless, stupefied

Keep bringing a knife to a gunfight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

I meant numb

You not only can'w write a sentence, you also don't know the meaning of simple words.

Keep bumping up your humiliation.

[/QUOTE]

Nice try to cover up your ignorance and save your fragile ego from further damage... but its not working. Please keep posting so I can continue target practice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I meant numb.

You are much more numb than dumb.

If you were not so numb you would recognize that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Karl. The man that is too numb to know what numb means.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Seems like I hit a nerve... you're multiple posting with machine gun speed.. Thanks for letting me know I got to you..

Have a nice day (rofl)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Seems like I hit a nerve... you're multiple posting with machine gun speed.. Thanks for letting me know I got to you..

Have a nice day (rofl)

I posted twice over 5 minutes.

I know for someone numb that seems like a lot of posts in a short period of time. Thanks for bringing me up in this thread for no reason other than you were thinking about me, and letting everyone know I got to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Reffs continue to amaze last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

This thread is so dump I wish it were nump, but lo it keeps getting the (internet) jump.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Have a nice day (rofl)

I posted twice over 5 minutes.

I know for someone numb that seems like a lot of posts in a short period of time. Thanks for bringing me up in this thread for no reason other than you were thinking about me, and letting everyone know I got to you.

Oh SNAP!!!...lmao! Done with panache sir, well done and Bravo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

You guys really need to learn how to use a freaking backspace key. Officiating in the NBA is by far and away the worst in all of pro sports. I thought that Sterns retiring it might get better, I guess not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Been saying it for years..NBA refs are the worse not only in pro sports, but in their own sport as well.. never see such ridiculousness from college or even HS refs.. some of who do it for peanuts..  No wonder the NBA fines players/coaches for uttering any word about their incompetent refs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its like these guys have tenure and know it'd take an act of Congress to get rid of them..  Some of them make honest mistakes but some knowingly make them and their ego & power complex is so gigantic they will not entertain comment or debate over it..

Never forget Tim Donaghy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The reffs have it very difficult with Teams like the spurs.

Last year Pops exchanged a Player (Duncan) when it was not allowed, this time the spurs had 6 Players on the court:

http://deadspin.com/spurs-use-6-on-5-power-play-against-mavericks-still-lo-1571182914

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts