NBA Team Name Swap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

NBA Team Name Swap

The potential return of the Seattle Supersonics combined with the emergence of the Pelicans got me thinking about a switcheroo of team names. Pelicans is without a doubt one of the worst team names ever. The logo and color scheme even worse. There is really only one way to prevent this from happening, but it starts off a chain reaction of name trading. Hear me out (if you want), this is purely for fodder and entertainment.

Method to Madness: I personally feel like your team name should have something to do with the team's geographic location. Here we go...

New Orleans Jazz: Jazz is New Orleans, New Orleans is Jazz, and no where else comes close. Sorry Utah.

Sacramento Kings becomes Seattle Supersonics. Nothing not to like about this.

Charlotte Hornets: The whole Bobcat thing didn't work...go back to what works-ish. And there has actually been talk about doing this.

LA Kings: This is where I may lose some of you, but I'm sorry - there are no lakes in Los Angeles. I know they are a storied franchise, but Kings is cool enough as a replacement and is more fitting.

Utah Lakers: Tempted to send Lakers' rights to Minnesota and the land of 10,000 lakes, but Utah has one big salty lake and nothing else. Considered the mountain/mining aspect, but Denver has that covered. May take time to get used to, but it's feasible.

Minnesota Wolves: Drop the Timber.

Toronto Timbers: Raptors isn't bad, but it isn't great either. My new suggestion also isn't bad, but isn't great either. At least it has some alliteration going on and Canada has a lot of trees.

Lastly...

Memphis ???: I hate Grizzlies. It worked in Vancouver, but not in Tennessee. Struggling to come up with a replacement. Any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: NBA Team Name Swap

Oh...and the Washington franchise needs something better than Wizards. 76ers is obviously taken, but maybe something like the Generals?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nobody is changing any names first off

But what makes sense is:

Jazz back to New Orleans

Hornets to Charlotte

Utah can pick its own new name (or be the Bobcats or Grizzlies)

Memphis (see Utah)

The Laker obvs aren't going anywhere, thats an elite franchise logo, the Raptors are a cool name and Timberwolves are just as cool (or cooler) than Wolves

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I do agree that the Pelicans isn't a very good name.  Why would they want this name?  It really didn't make sense for them to change their name. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I understand that they wanted some identity in NO, but Pelicans is really a terrible name. And the sad thing is that was the best one for them to choose from.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Memphis Blues

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Memphis Blues

Like it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Utah Stars (retro ABA)

Minnesota Lakers

Memphis Blues is good, but I'll stay retro and go Pros

for those old timers amongst us:

http://www.remembertheaba.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The Memphis Kings (after Elvis)

The New Orleans Swamp

Seattle Supersonics is fine

The Utah Hive (after the state insect)

The Los Angeles Boob Jobs  (Boobs for short)

Charlotte Grits

The Minnesota Minnesotans

The Toronto Single-Payer Healthcare Beneficiaries

Go back to the Washington Bullets (and name Wayne LaPierre the mascot)

Detroit Foreclosures

just Cleveland

Sections
Shortcuts