Need A DEAD EYE SHOOTING 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Need A DEAD EYE SHOOTING 2

If Rondo statrs the season and we have Rondo, Sullinger, KO,  and Green, we have a very talented offensive team.  If you could add a 2 that could light it up from outside, you would be looking at a great offensive team.  The 2 would get a lot of wide open looks from outside.  Does Ray have a son?  I do not see him on the team now, Brooks I am not familiar with, Avery is inconsistent from outside, Lee may show different but did not show it last year, a trade to bring in a quality 2 and we would be a lot of fun to watch.  Just a case of cabin fever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Need A DEAD EYE SHOOTING 2

You're right. We need a pure shooter. This offense (as shaky as its been) functioned because Garnett and Pierce both demanded double teams in situations, opening up the floor for Jeff and Avery. 

Right now, this current team does not have anyone who really commands a double team. Maybe, maybe Jeff but 'm not so sure of that. We also have no post players. We lost our best two in KG and Pierce.

I think people underestimate the amount of struggles this year will hold.

Imagine the first month (1/4 of the season) with Pressey, Bradley, Green, Olynyk, Sullinger. Sure, maybe thats exciting for us to watch, but I just don't know how that team scores or defends. Maybe Hump or Fav start with Sully. Its going to be tough, man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Sully and Oly are not proven contributors by any stretch.  Sully showed brief spurts of potential in limited number of games and Oly has yet to play a single game in the NBA...

I would be suprised if either of them started at the beginning of the season, and regardless, both will need much development.

Lets hope both Bradley and Lee have been working on their outside shot and will regain their confidence that Doc bruised.  We can count on Brooks to light it up from the 2 position. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Brooks has the potential to be a go-to shooter, but as yet, he hasn't been positioned to do so.  He played more in his first season, due to Nets injuries, and did ok for a rookie.  Last year, he played behind Joe Johnson and just didn't get much pt.  If he gets a genuine chance and can regain his Providence swagger, he might be the shooter that's been missing since RA left, or even before he left.  My hope is that he has a breakout year, not just for his sake, but because it would be fun to have a perimeter shooter who could spread the defense and allow some of the bigs to get easier looks.  If Brooks can reach 16-20 pts. and shoot a decent percentage, that means Rondo, Green, and Sullinger can be more effective.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You're right. We need a pure shooter. This offense (as shaky as its been) functioned because Garnett and Pierce both demanded double teams in situations, opening up the floor for Jeff and Avery. 

Right now, this current team does not have anyone who really commands a double team. Maybe, maybe Jeff but 'm not so sure of that. We also have no post players. We lost our best two in KG and Pierce.

Was time to start over.Garnett and Pierce got old.We got a lot in the trade.Go celtics

I think people underestimate the amount of struggles this year will hold.

Imagine the first month (1/4 of the season) with Pressey, Bradley, Green, Olynyk, Sullinger. Sure, maybe thats exciting for us to watch, but I just don't know how that team scores or defends. Maybe Hump or Fav start with Sully. Its going to be tough, man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Brooks has the potential to be a go-to shooter, but as yet, he hasn't been positioned to do so.  He played more in his first season, due to Nets injuries, and did ok for a rookie.  Last year, he played behind Joe Johnson and just didn't get much pt.  If he gets a genuine chance and can regain his Providence swagger, he might be the shooter that's been missing since RA left, or even before he left.  My hope is that he has a breakout year, not just for his sake, but because it would be fun to have a perimeter shooter who could spread the defense and allow some of the bigs to get easier looks.  If Brooks can reach 16-20 pts. and shoot a decent percentage, that means Rondo, Green, and Sullinger can be more effective.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Not a chance that Brooks averages 16-20 points?!!! 

Everyone would be very happy and he will be doing real well if he averages 10-13.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

If Rondo statrs the season and we have Rondo, Sullinger, KO,  and Green, we have a very talented offensive team.  If you could add a 2 that could light it up from outside, you would be looking at a great offensive team.  The 2 would get a lot of wide open looks from outside.  Does Ray have a son?  I do not see him on the team now, Brooks I am not familiar with, Avery is inconsistent from outside, Lee may show different but did not show it last year, a trade to bring in a quality 2 and we would be a lot of fun to watch.  Just a case of cabin fever.

Umm wut? Rondo, Sully olynik, Green and a 2 that can shoot outside is a "great" offensive team?

I don't even think it would be average.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

He probably won't make the team but Danny is leaving no stone unturned ...

2013 Training Camp Invites  

BOSTON CELTICS

- Chris Babb, G SG, Iowa State '13, Iowa State (NCAA)

- DeShawn Sims, PF SF, Michigan '10, Sagesse (Lebanon)

- Kammron Taylor, PG, Wisconsin '07, Neckar Ludwigsburg (Germany)

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=204957360

2012-13
    Babb started all 33 games he competed in, averaging 9.1 points and 3.4 rebounds...one of the Big 12’s top defenders, earning Big 12 All-Defense honors... second on the team in steals, averaging 1.1 spg...was third on the team in 3-pointers with 65, tying for 14th on ISU’s single-season chart...averaged 2.0 3-pointers per game to rank seventh in the Big 12...averaged 2.2 3-pointers in league play to rank fourth in the Big 12 and shot 40.8 percent from 3-point range in conference games to rank fourth in the Big 12...posted an 18-game streak of making a 3-pointer to rank as the sixth-best string in school history...led the team in minutes played at 32.7...scored a season-high 19 points on 5-of-6 shooting from 3-point range at Oklahoma State...was 4-of-5 from 3-point range vs. Oklahoma...tallied 17 points vs. Texas Tech on 5-of-9 shooting from downtown...made a 3-pointer in 57 of his 67 career games at Iowa State... drained 129 treys in his Cyclone career to rank seventh in school history...made 220 3-pointers in his four-year career.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/08/boston_celtics_news_2013_chris.html

he relies almost solely on the 3-point shot, taking 5.2 of his 7.2 field goal attempts per game last season from beyond the arc. He hit a pretty good clip from that range as a senior (38.2 percent) and experienced further success during the Las Vegas Summer League, connecting on 8-14 triples (57.1 percent) en route to averaging 5.0 points over 14.3 minutes for the Phoenix Suns entry.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/41148/chris-babb

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If The Celts get to the 10th worst record this year, I will tip my hat to Brad Stevens.  The roster has way too many issues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Umm wut? Rondo, Sully olynik, Green and a 2 that can shoot outside is a "great" offensive team?

I don't even think it would be average.

Did he say great offensive team?  

Rondo:   Coming back from serious injury.  availability and effeciveness unknown.  (last season - 13.7 PPG; 17th PPG among starting PGs

Sullinger:  Coming back from serious injury. availability and effectiveness unknown.  (last season - 6.0 PPG - 40th+ PPG among forwards)

Green:  Returns from an inconsistent season 12.8 PPG; 20th+ PPG among forwards

Olynyk:  Never played in a NBA game.  May not even start. 

and a new SG:  Completely unknown availability, effectiveness.