Need a SF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Need a SF?

Reportedly, Cavs are shopping 35 yr. old Antawn Jamison.  He's still racking up the points and rebounds at a good rate ( 17.7 pts. and 6.6 RB during 32.6 min. and 42.4% FG).  I think he could play SF offensively, but I have doubts that he could defend opposing SF's.  He's really a power forward. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Need a SF?:
    [QUOTE]Reportedly, Cavs are shopping 35 yr. old Antawn Jamison.  He's still racking up the points and rebounds at a good rate ( 17.7 pts. and 6.6 RB during 32.6 min. and 42.4% FG).  I think he could play SF offensively, but I have doubts that he could defend opposing SF's.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

I got the feeling they may shop him for a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : I got the feeling they may shop him for a long time.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    OneOnOne, you may be right.  Also Antawn has said he'd like to get a Ring before he retires.
    If a contender had somebody elses high 2nd round draft choice that may be good enough.  But what do I know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Heddy, If you must play GM and bore us with your ridiculous trades, at least have an understanding of how trades/salaries work before posting. You make it sound like the titanic for crying out loud. Yet, most likely, come next week everyone except Daniels and J O'neal will be back in uniform.  Of course DA should explore every trade to make the team better. Battier? Sheed? Give me a break. Btw, "we" were not all for trading Ray Allen to the Warriors for that knuckle head Ellis. "We" thought once healthy the C's were the best team last year, and would show it at playoff time. Some of "we" feel the same with the current team.  
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted any trades.  I'm merely commenting on other people's ideas.  WHEN I post them, I check them out on the trade machine first.  I'm willing to bet I know more about this stuff than you, since all you do is contradict and dissent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : OneOnOne, you may be right.  Also Antawn has said he'd like to get a Ring before he retires. If a contender had somebody elses high 2nd round draft choice that may be good enough.  But what do I know?

I would take him.  He is a vet that would be a decent bench player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

west will make a difference and i like wafer, but both are really guards. BBD and harangody can't defend 3s. still think we need to add a 3, but wouldn't pull a trade to get it done. don't see anyone on this roster who i'd move (except JO and daniels and both of them are hurt and unlikely to be moved).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I read on ESPN awhile back that Anthony Parker could be had for a second round pick.  Parker would be just fine at the back up three.  The problem would be in that scenario who would the Celtics get rid of?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Reportedly, Cavs are shopping 35 yr. old Antawn Jamison.  He's still racking up the points and rebounds at a good rate ( 17.7 pts. and 6.6 RB during 32.6 min. and 42.4% FG).  I think he could play SF offensively, but I have doubts that he could defend opposing SF's.  He's really a power forward. 

Either Jamison or Battier...

Danny pick up the phone...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.:
    [QUOTE]Drafting Smith would be like taking Taylor Price again. he's a year from contributing.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

When you think about it Price comes up this coming year, Tate gets relegated to ST alone.

So we can afford to take a project in this draft

BUT, not @ 28

Maybe 60

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is Doc Rivers doesn't trust young guys. Sims is a rookie so he's not going to play in the playoffs even if he's on the Celtics roster.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Probably go with a short rotation in the playoffs anyway. What we need is a guy who can eat up some minutes until then so the guys go in rested.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Of course I am in the minority..but after reading these idotic trades that don't even work based on salaries, that does not make me wrong! I am sorry you didn't like the way the 2nd half ended, but did you like the end of the Magic series? How about the Bulls series? Did you happen to see the Cav's series? How did those end? The championship came down to the last 8 minutes of the year, and quite possible the outcome would have been different if Perkins was able to play. The onus is on Doc to rest his players, get them healthy and ready for the playoffs. It is not on DA to make a trade for the sake of trading.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the only way to give them some rest may be to make a trade.. We already know Doc's not going to play rookies in big games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

With Daniels and West out the Celts need a 1, 2, and a 3.   OR we face using a worn out team in the playoffs.  And Miami will pass us for the best record in the East.  Most on this board can not see this. But  Just Rondo, no backup, Just Paul , no backup, and Waffer backing up Ray, well ????? just think

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]I read on ESPN awhile back that Anthony Parker could be had for a second round pick.  Parker would be just fine at the back up three.  The problem would be in that scenario who would the Celtics get rid of?
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]
    Its possible the Cavs would trade the 35 yr. old Anthony Parker for a second round.  At 6-6 210 lbs. the  somewhat muscular Parker could probably come off the bench and play a quick enough and decent enough SF on both both sides of the ball.  Very good, Icon11.  Parker doesn't make anywhere the amount of money that Jamison does so maybe that would be the more do-able trade.  I'm not a salary capologist.  Does anybody have some input on this?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts