Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Emotional clap trap! Whether you like it or not the NBA is a business as is the Boston Celtics. When emotion starts to interfere with the operation of a business...goodbye business.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

No one feeds trolls quite like dfury13 feeds trolls.

Where is your sense of shame?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dfury,
    Trolls aside this a forum for discussion of the Celtics.  It is impossible to not be critical when things evolve over a season.  Opinions abound over wide swath of Celtic fans who want them to win.  The glory of another Celtic championship is what we all want.  To be uncritical would be impossible considering where we are now and the nature of this forum.

Trolls of course have no purpose here but like cockroaches they will be here after a nuclear war.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Who wants to kiss a flabby fat *ss with cellulite? Know what I mean, dimples?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

We all look forward to your "Celtics Fan Handbook" so we know just what is appropriate to say and not say.

One thing you seem to believe is that to be a true fan, you must believe that your team, no matter what its talent level or roster, has the chance to win a championship. I disagree quite strongly with that. I'm going to really enjoy this season and will root hard for this team until the last bounce, that said, I also know based on their current roster that they have absolutely no chance to win a championship, barring some miracle trade or a series of injuries to star players of other teams. The "big three" was always meant to be a three year champions window, last year was year three. Given the injuries we had, I'm happy with what those three years accomplished.

Would you tell Cleveland Cavaliers or Washington Wizards fans that they aren't true fans unless they believe their team can win it all? Of course not, anyone can tell the difference between a great NBA roster, a good one, and a bad one. In the NBA, you have the seven game playoff series through all rounds, which avoids the chance of the kinds of upsets that bring unexpected outcomes. We have a good team, not a great one, we're headed to the playoffs, and fifth seed would probably be an over-achievement unless we play better than we have to date. We're not winning a ring this year and I'm fine with that. Still a Celts fan, just like you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

TrollSpanker, I'm sorry, but I did not take Dfury's comments to mean that to be a true fan, you must believe your team has a chance to win a championship.  I read it to mean that he believes we should be rooting for the team more often and trying to blow them up less often.  I actually think he makes a good point.

As he said, he is critical of them when they lose (as we all are) and doesn't always like the team moves (none of us always like them).  But,at times on this Board, we do go overboard and want to blow up the team rather than thank them with support, knowing this is their last year together.  

I, for one, believe that we should be opportunistic is there's a great trade, but otherwise, let's enjoy the team when they play well and ride it out.  We have tremendous flexibility next year and a good young nucleus coming (Rondo, Bass, Maybe Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 draft choices, and lots of cap room).  Perhaps we should THANK KG for his tremendous heart and soul and the winning tradition he brought back.  Let him retire a Celtic as other great Celtics have done and as Paul and Ray should do (in my opinion).   Then, we'll move on next year with more young talent as Danny rebuilds.

For now, however, I only read him as saying "let's show a little support" to go with all the criticism.  I particulary don't agree with the criticism when people say they aren't trying and that "rebounding is all effort and we have none".  Not true.  They just got old!  It happens and after this year, its time for KG to move on or be a backup.  For for now, let's recognize the effort and the achievements when theyhappen.

Case in point - the massive "sit Ray on the bench" and "Ray can't do this or that" rants are unfair.  He has his faults, but he is our most consistent and productive scorer on a team that struggles with points.  Without Ray, we may well be 1 and 7 by now!   That's an example of where we might heap some praise and support.

Just trying to be balanced, my man.  Like you.....still and always a Celtics Fan!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed:
    [QUOTE]I am a season ticket holder. I've been one for 11 seasons. I'm emotionally and financially invested in this team. I've seen 3 Eastern Conference Finals, 2 NBA Finals, I saw a championship won there, I also was there through the 18 game losing streak, booing Scalabrine, and some other low points. I don't like every move Danny makes and you all know when we play bad I call the team out for it. At the same time though the team that's on the floor has never given up on any of you, they've never given up on me. They give us there all. We shouldn't give up on them. We shouldn't be talking Rondo trades or blowing up the team. We should embrace this team and root for them to the last buzzer of this season. There is gonna be a time when KG, Paul and Ray are not patrolling the floor anymore. We have no idea what the team will be next year. These guys brought you a title and they give a damn about winning for this city. They still fight for you. Start rooting for them. Stop saying 5th seed, no chance and this other loser a** talk. As for the trolls kiss my a**. Go Celtics!!!! 
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Nice Post DF

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed:
    [QUOTE]TrollSpanker, I'm sorry, but I did not take Dfury's comments to mean that to be a true fan, you must believe your team has a chance to win a championship.  I read it to mean that he believes we should be rooting for the team more often and trying to blow them up less often.  I actually think he makes a good point. As he said, he is critical of them when they lose (as we all are) and doesn't always like the team moves (none of us always like them).  But,at times on this Board, we do go overboard and want to blow up the team rather than thank them with support, knowing this is their last year together.   I, for one, believe that we should be opportunistic is there's a great trade, but otherwise, let's enjoy the team when they play well and ride it out.  We have tremendous flexibility next year and a good young nucleus coming (Rondo, Bass, Maybe Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 draft choices, and lots of cap room).  Perhaps we should THANK KG for his tremendous heart and soul and the winning tradition he brought back.  Let him retire a Celtic as other great Celtics have done and as Paul and Ray should do (in my opinion).   Then, we'll move on next year with more young talent as Danny rebuilds. For now, however, I only read him as saying "let's show a little support" to go with all the criticism.  I particulary don't agree with the criticism when people say they aren't trying and that "rebounding is all effort and we have none".  Not true.  They just got old!  It happens and after this year, its time for KG to move on or be a backup.  For for now, let's recognize the effort and the achievements when theyhappen. Case in point - the massive "sit Ray on the bench" and "Ray can't do this or that" rants are unfair.  He has his faults, but he is our most consistent and productive scorer on a team that struggles with points.  Without Ray, we may well be 1 and 7 by now!   That's an example of where we might heap some praise and support. Just trying to be balanced, my man.  Like you.....still and always a Celtics Fan!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

wow..couldnt say it better myself. the thoughts of trading KG make no sense to me..it just shows no loyalty and respect for wat hes done. yes hes slowing down, as all superstars eventually do, but i cant fathom disrespecting him and his contributions by trading him to a bum team like the Suns to finish his career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]TrollSpanker, I'm sorry, but I did not take Dfury's comments to mean that to be a true fan, you must believe your team has a chance to win a championship.  I read it to mean that he believes we should be rooting for the team more often and trying to blow them up less often.  I actually think he makes a good point. As he said, he is critical of them when they lose (as we all are) and doesn't always like the team moves (none of us always like them).  But,at times on this Board, we do go overboard and want to blow up the team rather than thank them with support, knowing this is their last year together.   I, for one, believe that we should be opportunistic is there's a great trade, but otherwise, let's enjoy the team when they play well and ride it out.  We have tremendous flexibility next year and a good young nucleus coming (Rondo, Bass, Maybe Green, Moore, Johnson, 2 draft choices, and lots of cap room).  Perhaps we should THANK KG for his tremendous heart and soul and the winning tradition he brought back.  Let him retire a Celtic as other great Celtics have done and as Paul and Ray should do (in my opinion).   Then, we'll move on next year with more young talent as Danny rebuilds. For now, however, I only read him as saying "let's show a little support" to go with all the criticism.  I particulary don't agree with the criticism when people say they aren't trying and that "rebounding is all effort and we have none".  Not true.  They just got old!  It happens and after this year, its time for KG to move on or be a backup.  For for now, let's recognize the effort and the achievements when theyhappen. Case in point - the massive "sit Ray on the bench" and "Ray can't do this or that" rants are unfair.  He has his faults, but he is our most consistent and productive scorer on a team that struggles with points.  Without Ray, we may well be 1 and 7 by now!   That's an example of where we might heap some praise and support. Just trying to be balanced, my man.  Like you.....still and always a Celtics Fan!!

wow..couldnt say it better myself. the thoughts of trading KG make no sense to me..it just shows no loyalty and respect for wat hes done. yes hes slowing down, as all superstars eventually do, but i cant fathom disrespecting him and his contributions by trading him to a bum team like the Suns to finish his career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed": [QUOTE]In Response to Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed : Nice Post DF Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE] And one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Negative people and trolls should all be ashamed:
    [QUOTE]I am a season ticket holder. I've been one for 11 seasons. I'm emotionally and financially invested in this team. I've seen 3 Eastern Conference Finals, 2 NBA Finals, I saw a championship won there, I also was there through the 18 game losing streak, booing Scalabrine, and some other low points. I don't like every move Danny makes and you all know when we play bad I call the team out for it. At the same time though the team that's on the floor has never given up on any of you, they've never given up on me. They give us there all. We shouldn't give up on them. We shouldn't be talking Rondo trades or blowing up the team. We should embrace this team and root for them to the last buzzer of this season. There is gonna be a time when KG, Paul and Ray are not patrolling the floor anymore. We have no idea what the team will be next year. These guys brought you a title and they give a damn about winning for this city. They still fight for you. Start rooting for them. Stop saying 5th seed, no chance and this other loser a** talk. As for the trolls kiss my a**. Go Celtics!!!! 
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Well said!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

C'mon guys, loosen up. Trolls aside, the nature of this forum is to assess and discuss. Now a few years ago when the team was on the upswing and the big 3 were still in their prime, the topics were more positive. However, this is a crucial time for this team and organization because of the new landscape of the NBA and current age and inconsistent level of play of the big 3. That said, critiques and suggestions will naturally be more prevalent. Now if you confuse these discussions with a lack of enthusiasm for the Celts, then you may be more naive and narrow minded then those who you are calling out.  

Sections
Shortcuts