Nets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Nets

This team could win a championship next year!!

PG - Deron Williams

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Pierce

PF - Garnett

C -  Lopez

On the otherhand IF Ainge doesn't take the deal on the table for 3 first rounders, Hump, Wallace and a no-name - HE IS AN IDIOT.  Don't be selfish and screw this deal up. PULL THE TRIGGER DANNY!!!!  You're not gonna do any better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Re: Nets

In response to Eldunker's comment:

This team could win a championship next year!!

PG - Deron Williams

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Pierce

PF - Garnett

C -  Lopez

On the otherhand IF Ainge doesn't take the deal on the table for 3 first rounders, Hump, Wallace and a no-name - HE IS AN IDIOT.  Don't be selfish and screw this deal up. PULL THE TRIGGER DANNY!!!!  You're not gonna do any better

Lets also keep in mind that you cant trade a 1st round pick 2 years in a row.  So at earliest the 1st round picks are 2013, 2015, 2017.  2017 is a long way away.  KG, Pierce and JJ are old and its likely that none are with NJ in 2017 so that could easily be a high pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

We will still be getting picks when PP and KG retire OR Ainge can just swap out those picks to another team. Those are alot of chips to play with...especially if he can get a few unprotected picks like he did with the Clippers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

these will be high 20 picks.  you want to pay wallace 10mil a year to back up green the next 4 years?  humphries is ok, not worth 12mil, and a d-b-ag i dont want to cheer for.  this trade sucks.  id rather they both retire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah that team looks GREAT

because we are literally absorbing all of their trash.

You almost can't even call them trash when they're both paid (almost) 7 figures.

RUMOR: Danny pursuing similar trade with West Coast team. PLEASE, PLEASE DANNY PULL THE TRIGGER WITH GSW!! Their trash is a lot less .... trashy ... expensive than Brooklyn's trash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If they are all unprotected, then we might have something here.  How about instead, 14, 16, 18?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Yeah that team looks GREAT

because we are literally absorbing all of their trash.

You almost can't even call them trash when they're both paid (almost) 7 figures.

RUMOR: Danny pursuing similar trade with West Coast team. PLEASE, PLEASE DANNY PULL THE TRIGGER WITH GSW!! Their trash is a lot less .... trashy ... expensive than Brooklyn's trash.

Is he even negotiating with GS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This years pick is apparently not in play

I only do this deal if it is a complete blowup and the C's have other teams waiting in the wings to take all our 25+ guys off our hands.

Then rebuild around Avery, Sully and a gajillion picks in the next 4 years. Rondo can possibly stay if we keep him off the court until Christmas and he doesn't hinder a tank job.

As of right now a team of:

C - Humphries (I know more of a PF), Melo and pick 16 (Olynyk, Dieng or Plumlee)

PF - Bass, Sully, Green/Wallace

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Avery, Lee or Terry

PG - Rondo, MLE pickup

Still gets the 6-8 seed in the east

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Kenn - no. It hasn't been reported. I just saw this though:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Boston had raised the Garnett-Pierce package with a Western Conference team, but very few places, if any, would go all-in like Nets on thisTwitter @WojYahooNBA

AND we've discussed trades with GSW on here before. There are a few that work out, especially after July 1 when their players take their options. Biedrins, Jefferson ... are much less damaging to the Celtics than Wallace and Humphries. I think if we could ever get Barnes, or Green, Ezeli and future pick or picks, it would be a better deal.

However, the Russian is crazy. If they want to give us 3 1st round (unprotected?) picks, then its really not a HORRIBLE deal. Just UGLY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I only do this deal if it is a complete blowup and the C's have other teams waiting in the wings to take all our 25+ guys off our hands.

Then rebuild around Avery, Sully and a gajillion picks in the next 4 years. Rondo can possibly stay if we keep him off the court until Christmas and he doesn't hinder a tank job.

C - Humphries (I know more of a PF), Melo and pick 16 (Olynyk, Dieng or Plumlee)

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Avery, Lee or Terry

PG - Rondo, MLE pickup

Idk man.... I love our guys, but Humphries and Wallace are really bad. Or at least this year they were.

Definitely get less wins than if we were to have traded PP to CLE and then used the exception to get Smith.

I think with the right coaching, we can be one of the worst 5 or 6 teams in the conference. And if we are not? Make more trades.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Avery, Lee or Terry

PG - Rondo, MLE pickup

Idk man.... I love our guys, but Humphries and Wallace are really bad. Or at least this year they were.

Definitely get less wins than if we were to have traded PP to CLE and then used the exception to get Smith.

I think with the right coaching, we can be one of the worst 5 or 6 teams in the conference. And if we are not? Make more trades.

[/QUOTE]

I like that! With the right coaching we can be one of the worst 5 or 6 teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

pierce, kg, and lee for hump, wallace, brooks, and shengelia works on the machine.  Add a few 1st round picks and this is a good long term deal for the c's.  Wallace is a bad contract, and hump is overpaid by at least a third.  Brooks and shengelia with the first picks are the key for the c's.  I don't make this deal without brooks in my mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

How long is humphries under contract?  I thought he still had 2 years, and Wallace is washed up.  I don't mind being bad next year, but I'd like to have an exciting team by 2014 start of season.  Crash contract incredibly bad.  Humphries I can tolerate for one year, but not 2.  I'd rather just deal kg and buy pierce out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm salivating at 2 firsts in 2014 (including a lottery pick);  2 firsts in 2015;  2 firsts in 2016;  and 2 firsts in 2018

Sections
Shortcuts