Nets and Doc Rivers....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Nets and Doc Rivers....

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Yes not to change the stance I had for two weeks. You are wrong here. Coaches can leave or basically be traded. The Celtic would to give back a player or pick as part of the compensation. Which is why Doc to LA made so much sense because the Celtics were already exchanging players with LAC. 

Wrong!

Again, coaches can't be traded.

How about this, let's make a bet about Doc moving to the Clips.

If Doc moves to the Clips then I'll make a thread about how I wrong I was thinking Doc couldn't end up with the Clips. 

But if Doc doesn't end up with the Clips, you make a thread about how wrong you were thinking Doc could end up with the Clips even when he's under contract with the Celtics.

Deal?

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Never make a bet with fierce... he is a well known welcher that doesnt honor his bets.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yes not to change the stance I had for two weeks. You are wrong here. Coaches can leave or basically be traded. The Celtic would to give back a player or pick as part of the compensation. Which is why Doc to LA made so much sense because the Celtics were already exchanging players with LAC. 

Wrong!

If Doc moves to the Clips then I'll make a thread about how I wrong I was thinking Doc couldn't end up with the Clips. 

But if Doc doesn't end up with the Clips, you make a thread about how wrong you were thinking Doc could end up with the Clips even when he's under contract with the Celtics.

Deal?

I don't think he will, the compensation would be easy to handle if he would. A coach can go to another team if he is allowed to. Most teams want something back in exchange for that. In most sports you can't exchange a player for a coach. The Nets are division rivals so it would impossible to receive fair compensation in DA's mind. The NBA like every league would require athe Celtics to send a player, cash, pick, etc to make it a real trade. This would the Celtics to get a decent player for a future second round pick or some bloated underperforming contract. The only reason you have made a big deal about this is because your need to show that you are the smartest guy in the room. This is another situation that you have gotten yourself into that you're to prideful and foolhardy to admit you're wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Wrong!

Deal?

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Never make a bet with fierce... he is a well known welcher that doesnt honor his bets.. 

Never bet with Fierce he always renegs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

To suggest that there is a lot of interest in doc and Rondo and KG and CPP.... pure bluffing... or worse. Delusional.

DA hasn't a single high card in his hand.

Maybe he has the team owners fooled.

Few others

Pud

Agree. When I read that quote by DA all I thought was that he was either upping the value of his assets for a possible deal down the road or justifying to the fan base why he wanted them all back as the center piece of the organization next year.

Also, since Doc hasn't texted Jackie McM and told her to just print that he's coming back, yet he's still hanging around the facilities and helping the FO with the draft, my guess is that Doc would probably opt to take a year off if he didn't return to the C's at this point.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I don't think he will, the compensation would be easy to handle if he would. A coach can go to another team if he is allowed to. Most teams want something back in exchange for that. In most sports you can't exchange a player for a coach. The Nets are division rivals so it would impossible to receive fair compensation in DA's mind. The NBA like every league would require athe Celtics to send a player, cash, pick, etc to make it a real trade. This would the Celtics to get a decent player for a future second round pick or some bloated underperforming contract. The only reason you have made a big deal about this is because your need to show that you are the smartest guy in the room. This is another situation that you have gotten yourself into that you're to prideful and foolhardy to admit you're wrong.

There you have it. You just agreed with me that Doc is not going to the Clips. So if I say Doc will not go to the Clips, I'm wrong. But if you say Doc will not go to the Clips, you're right?

We say the same thing and you're the only who's right?

And like I said, you can't trade coaches in the NBA. So stop making excuses.

Of course if Doc is allowed to leave the Celts would get compensation if Doc transfers to another team. But Ainge is not allowing Doc to leave. Ainge denying the Nets to talk to Doc is proof of that.

Again, it's a fact that NBA coaches can't be traded. 

Getting compensation is not the same thing as being traded.

Get it?

Oh my god, you just admitted you were wrong without admitting you were wrong. You lost an argument and changed  the goal post. You said the Celtics would get nothing if Doc left now you are saying it is possible. I never had an oppinion on the Clippers trade ever. You lost and you won't admit. This is really hurting your creditability and is making all the criticism I have of you valid. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Oh my god, you just admitted you were wrong without admitting you were wrong. You lost an argument and changed  the goal post. You said the Celtics would get nothing if Doc left now you are saying it is possible. I never had an oppinion on the Clippers trade ever. You lost and you won't admit. This is really hurting your creditability and is making all the criticism I have of you valid. 

How could I be wrong when it's a fact coaches can't be traded!

Here's what you said:

Yes not to change the stance I had for two weeks. You are wrong here. Coaches can leave or basically be traded.

Doc can't leave because he's under contract. And Doc can't be traded.

The Nets wanted permission to talk to Rivers and Ainge refused. So case closed!

Again, when was the last time a coach got traded?

The issue here is if you can trade a coach.

No you can't! No players, no picks, nothing!

1 the Celtics won't just let Rivers contract.

2 Compensation does require both teams to send some asset in a trade. This trade would be agreed upon before the coach is allowed to speak to the new team. If the Nets wanted Rivers they were prepared to give some thing up. Yes the coach is not traded but a trade happens when the coach leaves the team. For all we know the Nets and the C's could not agree on comp so the deal fell apart.

3 Many teams will only let other teams approach their coaches/management unless  if it is for a better positions. An assistant becoming a head or a GM becoming a President etc.

4 If the C's can't get proper compensation, and if the C's really value him they won't, he has two option sit at home or coach the C's. However the threat of him sitting out would drastically cut his value and would force the C's to take lesser compensation.

5 The reason the Clippers deal would make sense was the fact the C's were giving up less assest than they were receiving because the trade was the compensation for Rivers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

1 the Celtics won't just let Rivers contract.

2 Compensation does require both teams to send some asset in a trade. This trade would be agreed upon before the coach is allowed to speak to the new team. If the Nets wanted Rivers they were prepared to give some thing up. Yes the coach is not traded but a trade happens when the coach leaves the team. For all we know the Nets and the C's could not agree on comp so the deal fell apart.

3 Many teams will only let other teams approach their coaches/management unless  if it is for a better positions. An assistant becoming a head or a GM becoming a President etc.

4 If the C's can't get proper compensation, and if the C's really value him they won't, he has two option sit at home or coach the C's. However the threat of him sitting out would drastically cut his value and would force the C's to take lesser compensation.

5 The reason the Clippers deal would make sense was the fact the C's were giving up less assest than they were receiving because the trade was the compensation for Rivers.

1. Like I said, Doc is under contract for 3 more seasons.

2. Coaches can't be traded. Getting compensation is not the same as being traded.

3. That's why Doc is not leaving, the Celts have no one in mind to replace Doc.

4. There is no indication or reports saying Doc will coach another team.

5. Rumored Clippers and Celtics deal involving Doc was bogus. Stephen A. Smith! 

You said two post earlier they would get nothing. You went from meaning you can't get compensation for a coach to meaning a trade in only the most literal sense. You got exposed, it is okay to be wrong. Why don't you just say so and move along?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You said two post earlier they would get nothing. You went from meaning you can't get compensation for a coach to meaning a trade in only the most literal sense. You got exposed, it is okay to be wrong. Why don't you just say so and move along?

It's true that you can't trade coaches in the NBA. 

Getting compensation is not the same as being traded.

Like I said, if Doc leaves now, the Celts get nothing.

The Celts got nothing for Thibs, right?

Here:

League sources confirmed the Bulls have requested permission to interview Thibodeau — who is not permitted to talk to media, a team rule for assistant coaches — for their head coaching vacancy. That interview could take place during the Celtics' break between the Eastern Conference finals and NBA Finals should they finish off their 3-0 lead over the Magic.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-23/sports/ct-spt-0524-bulls-tom-thibodeau-chica20100523_1_head-coach-tom-thibodeau-finals-and-nba-finals-brian-scalabrine

You can settle this debate by giving me an example of an NBA coach being traded for another player or a draft pick.

Again, getting compensation is not the same as being traded. Under NBA rules, you can't trade a coach.

You are being foolish. Thibs was an assistant that left for a higher position. You are contridcting yourself in the same post. I never said you actually make a trade for coach. There has to be a player, cash, or a pick going with the coach. I have said that fifteen times. I am done arguing with you. I have proved my point and you simply can't figure out what point you are trying to make. Go figure that out. In the meantime I will accept that last post as an admission of defeat. Just let it go and try not to embarass yourself.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It's true that you can't trade coaches in the NBA. 

Getting compensation is not the same as being traded.

Like I said, if Doc leaves now, the Celts get nothing.

The Celts got nothing for Thibs, right?

Here:

League sources confirmed the Bulls have requested permission to interview Thibodeau — who is not permitted to talk to media, a team rule for assistant coaches — for their head coaching vacancy. That interview could take place during the Celtics' break between the Eastern Conference finals and NBA Finals should they finish off their 3-0 lead over the Magic.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-23/sports/ct-spt-0524-bulls-tom-thibodeau-chica20100523_1_head-coach-tom-thibodeau-finals-and-nba-finals-brian-scalabrine

You can settle this debate by giving me an example of an NBA coach being traded for another player or a draft pick.

Again, getting compensation is not the same as being traded. Under NBA rules, you can't trade a coach.

You are being foolish. Thibs was an assistant that left for a higher position. You are contridcting yourself in the same post. I never said you actually make a trade for coach. There has to be a player, cash, or a pick going with the coach. I have said that fifteen times. I am done arguing with you. I have proved my point and you simply can't figure out what point you are trying to make. Go figure that out. In the meantime I will accept that last post as an admission of defeat. Just let it go and try not to embarass yourself.

ITs what he lives for

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

ITs what he lives for

I just said coaches in the NBA can't be traded. Is there something wrong with that statement?

You know of an NBA coach that got traded for another player or a draft pick?

You have embarassed yourself, solely because you won't admit you were wrong. You actually don't know what point you are trying to make. No one is saying you trade a player of coach. This is literally the last time I am going to go through this with you. The Nets and the Celtics could say Rivers is worth Lopez. At that point the Celtics would simply match up some contracts to equal Lopez's and the Nets would probably send a pick to the Celtics for those players. A trade would then be made. The C's would get Lopez and a pick, the Nets get some crap and Rivers. That is how compensation works. On your point about Thibs. Assistant typically are allowed to leave without compensation solely because nobody would want to coach for your team, if you didn't let them leave. On top of that how much is an assistant worth to a team? I am clearly laying this out for you but since you originally claimed something else you are going to again post something irrelevant.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts