Nets vs Celtics 04/10/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Re: Nets vs Celtics 04/10/13

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

the average fan is going to look at how we shot in this game as the cause of our woes (tonight and other nights).   The real issue is that we no longer have that tough defensive team that was number one or two in defense every year and also high in field goal percentage.   We no longer have consistent shooters like Ray used to be nor any defense like we've had when BBD or Tony Allen or James Posey was here.   We don't have those tough, fighting, ugly players who could win games when we shot 41% from the field because we forced our opponent to shoot poorly.

How many times did we see someone have career nights against us, especially guards?   We just get KILLED because our guys want to "out offense" the other guys rather that play hard nosed D.   Forget rebounding, how about some plain old defense!

Hey! We got Jason Terry!! Haaa. Big hat no cattle.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Randolph 9 rebounds in 16 minutes.

Maybe he should play more?

Bass and Green minus 21 and minus 24.

Good job, guys.

But Green has shown he deserves the minutes.  I don't question him.  I do question Bass.  Every good game comes with 5 bad games.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Randolph 9 rebounds in 16 minutes.

Maybe he should play more?

Bass and Green minus 21 and minus 24.

Good job, guys.

But Green has shown he deserves the minutes.  I don't question him.  I do question Bass.  Every good game comes with 5 bad games.

Neither of these guys played defense tonight.

Like I said, Randolph gets 9 rebounds in 16 minutes.

Shouldn't he play more?

Yes, the Mandolph in question should have played. Common sense should have dictated his presence considering his play of late & his contribution tonight. When was the last time we saw Bass take a charge?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to ktronic's comment:

Any examples?

Lakers, Pistons, and Bulls.

The Magic Johnson Lakers era ended in 1991. After losing to MJ in the Finals, Magic retired and the Lakers only went back to the Finals, led by Shaq, in 2000. So 1991 to 2000 is 9 years.

Isiah Thomas last won a championship, with the Pistons, in 1990. The next time the Pistons made it to the Finals, led by Billups, was in 2004. That's 14 years from one Finals to the next.

MJ's Bulls last made it to the Finals in 1998. And so far the Derrick Rose led Bulls haven't made it to the Finals yet. They came close in 2011 when they faced the Heat in the 2011 east finals.

Superstars are hard to find. It took the Celts a decade to get Paul Pierce. Then it will take another 5-7 years for that superstar to be ready to compete for a championship.

Like I said, history tells us it will take more or less 10 years.

+ 1  the Cs will be developing talent and rebuilding for a while. On the topic of rebuilding, I hope they select Giannis Adetukonbu in the upcoming draft! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Lakers, Pistons, and Bulls.

The Magic Johnson Lakers era ended in 1991. After losing to MJ in the Finals, Magic retired and the Lakers only went back to the Finals, led by Shaq, in 2000. So 1991 to 2000 is 9 years.

Isiah Thomas last won a championship, with the Pistons, in 1990. The next time the Pistons made it to the Finals, led by Billups, was in 2004. That's 14 years from one Finals to the next.

MJ's Bulls last made it to the Finals in 1998. And so far the Derrick Rose led Bulls haven't made it to the Finals yet. They came close in 2011 when they faced the Heat in the 2011 east finals.

Superstars are hard to find. It took the Celts a decade to get Paul Pierce. Then it will take another 5-7 years for that superstar to be ready to compete for a championship.

Like I said, history tells us it will take more or less 10 years.

Only if you mean "the history that suits my argument"... Otherwise, history is not your strong suit.

Hondo Celtics 1976 ... Bird Celtics 1981

Mikan Lakers 1954 ... Baylor Lakers 1959

Unless there is an arithmetic system that 1981-1976 or 1959-1954 = (more or less) 10.

But you can also try another argument: Jurassic age of the NBA doesn't count, and anything in the NBA before the Magic/Bird era was irrelevant. Then I am with you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I guess you could also say the no rebounds no rings quote doesn't hold either. The Heat are the worst rebounding team in the league, under 40 per game,  and they are the odds on favorite to win the title.  History is set nearly every nite in some stat.  Somebody does something that has never happened before.  Only one teams wins a title every year so by odds you should only win a title every 20-30 years.  If you what you think is obviously going to happen, it normally doesn't happen.

Sections
Shortcuts