Nets vs. Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Nets vs. Celtics

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Fav really impressive tonight.

He's very good on offense.

+1 - this guy came out of no-where!!! 

The guy can block shots and plays some defence.  Good looking prospect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jeff Green looks horrible.

Is he just cruising because it's preseason?  He looks useless out there.  He's attempted 4 shots?

Amazing..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Jeff Green looks horrible.

Is he just cruising because it's preseason?  He looks useless out there.  He's attempted 4 shots?

Amazing..

He's on thin ice. Now or never!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I like KO,AB,GW,JG and the VITORNATOR together good rythmn and seem to be gelling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Some good stuff out there.  

Pressey's 1/2 court and fast break handling during the regular season can compensate for his defensive liabilities.

Faverani is a starter for this team. He's inexplicably agile, has great timing, fears no one, scores inside, has ball skills, sees everything on the court, blocks and changes shots, and is very basketball smart. 

The team can run when certain guys are on the floor.

And finally, Jeff Green sprinted back on defense after missing a driving layup. Honest, I saw it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Regarding Green, we all just automatically anointed him the man with Pierce and KG gone but I honestly think he just isn't ready to be that player.  I not only think he's NOT that player but I think he's against the notion and expectations that everyone has set for him.

I think he's adamant in his reluctance to take on the role equal to the expectations.  We all know he's a laid back player but 1-4 in 19 minutes of play for 8 points?  And he's not showing anything different in this preseason knowing he's expected to take on a much larger role.  Not acceptable.

It's like he knows he needs to produce more but he just won't for some reason.  He's like the child who just is too stubborn to try.

He may very well be orchestrating his own exit which nobody is expecting.  That is so far from everyone's thinking. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Anyone who thinks Wallace is a bad contract can kiss my A S S. Humpty isn't as bad as I thought but bait ready to be cut. Green is just fine. Vitor is a steal to say the least. Win lose or draw, I like what I'm seeing. Keep talking tankers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Green is frustrating to watch

I would lean heavily towards starting Pressey and Vito

Pressey, AB, Green, KO, Vito bring Wallace off the bench as 6th man for Pressey and move AB to PG. Sully and Bass first bigs off the bench.

Move Humphries for a SG there just isn't room in a rotation for all the PFs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Is it me or have the refs STOPPED calling that stupid delay of game technical foul after each basket when touching the ball?

It looks like they've substituted that call for calling travelling every possession.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

green is hurt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

\Good finish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley did hit some free throws, helped a lot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

green is hurt?

If you think getting hit on your funny-bone is beibg hurt.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

green is hurt?

Yeah...absolutely no heart in the guy...

GREEN SUCKS

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fav really impressive tonight.

He's very good on offense.

The back tracking begins...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Backtracking?

Did I ever say that Fav is not a good Center?

All I said was I'm not convinced Fav is already a starting NBA Center like what you're saying.

You're already saying he's better than Asik when Fav hasn't played in a single regular season game.

Don't forget that tonight Fav was against 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers.

Are you sure he'll play the same way if he's facing Brook Lopez or KG?

I already said, even before tonight, Fav is a great offensive Center.

It remains to be seen if he can become a starting NBA Center.

You've gone from "don't expect too much."

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/what-to-expect-from-vitor-faverani-in-2013-14/100/6803769

To more gems like; "Shavlik is better than Faverani," "he'll be fighting for the backup Center job" and plenty of "LOL!!!'s"

... to now where he is a "great offensive center."  

This is why I suggested you stop making predictions.  "Pressey can't be a starter, Fav can't be a starter..." there has to be a better way to communicate than making predictions.  

Per 48 minutes Fav is far and away better than Asik who you have been sweating over all off season hoping the C's would trade for him... Asik?  The guy is a stiff who's only redeemable quality is "tall," he can rebound... so could Manute Bol.

I understand it's your nature to downplay every Celtic signing, to call everyone a backup and be overly negative, but if your idea of a starting NBA center is Asik who has only started and played for one season and not impressively, than your idea of a starting NBA center needs revision and you should reconsider your role as a BDC lazyboy recliner talent evaluator.  Some of us have gone out on a limb and told you who would be good instead of simply announcing that everyone is bad until they're not, the definition of flip flopping or backtracking.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts