New Celtics Starting off Right!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

New Celtics Starting off Right!!

Jeff Green's comment.

"It's an honor," said Green. "There's a lot of history behind the name that's on this jersey. I'm proud to be a Celtic. I'm coming here to do the best I can, try to help this team out and win a championship."

Here is the article for anyone that hasn't seen it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6162327

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Re: New Celtics Starting off Right!!

Honestly this is what you are supposed to say or you don't exactly endear yourself to your new fans/teammates. Example:Randy Moss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: New Celtics Starting off Right!!:
    Honestly this is what you are supposed to say or you don't exactly endear yourself to your new fans/teammates. Example:Randy Moss
    Posted by b126962

I guarantee you he is no Randy Moss.  I sure hope Green doesn't MOON anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Wow. I expected Green to say the Celtics sucked and he wasn`t going to report. Feel so much better now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Nice link--thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats nice is Green already has a reputation of being a total team player and a low maintenence guy.  So saying the right thing can be taken to the bank, in this case

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

C'mon guys! I am actually very excited since hearing that Perk will be out for the next 2-3 weeks (hahahaha) with Oklahoma. Here are also six good enough reasons to be very optimistic about the CELTS:

1. Green is a great 6'9" backup for Pierce & Allen, a very good & consistent scorer off the bench and can play both the forward and guard position

2. Krstic is 2 inches taller than Perk and healthier and a better scorer and the C's are still the biggest team in the league with not 1, 2, 3...but 5  7 footers!!
    Shaq, JON, Krstic, Chad, KG

3. CELTS now have a great future with Green (only 24 yrs old and lots of talent)
    Bradley is only 20 yrs, 2 second round picks, 1 first round pick.

4. Instead of 5 players on the injured list we are now down to 2 not-so -serious injuries with Shaq (achillis) and JON (sore knee)

5. Celts are still looking for at least 2 more players to fill the roster (Powe and hopefully another talent)

6. Look at our bench: Green, Shaq, JON, BB, West, Bradley, Wafer, Chad J.

I see this team starting to look good and now healthier for Banner 18

GO CELTS!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like I said, the only way some of the people here are going to say Ainge made the right move is if the Celtics win a championship this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

are you talking about Chris Johnson? who is chad?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Chad Johnson..Chris Johnson. They are all the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Chad Johnson..Chris Johnson. They are all the same.
    Posted by rman0909

Chad Johnson is a WR in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i might be more likely to think you know what you're talking about if you didn't think johnson would actually be here longer than 10 days and that powe was on his way back to boston. if either of those two things happens, i will join the "DA has lost it" crowd. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Like I said, the only way some of the people here are going to say Ainge made the right move is if the Celtics win a championship this season.
    Posted by P34

I really hate it, when i have to agree with you!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I am excited to see the new blood in action. Right now, I am over the deals and am into my rooting form. Good luck to the former Celts. New guys, time to kick some behind.

Bring it home Boys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Green is a better all around player than most are giving him credit for. If  you liked Posey you going to love Green. His biggest weakness is that he doesn't do one thing better than anything else,but he does everything asked of him well. I'm really dying to find out who their going to pick up. So many rumors swirling around ,but I do hope they pick up Powe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Re: New Celtics Starting off Right!! : Chad Johnson is a WR in the NFL.
    Posted by P34

blah blah blah. just call him CJohnson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

C'mon guys! I am actually very excited since hearing that Perk will be out for the next 2-3 weeks (hahahaha) with Oklahoma. Here are also six good enough reasons to be very optimistic about the CELTS: 1. Green is a great 6'9" backup for Pierce & Allen, a very good & consistent scorer off the bench and can play both the forward and guard position 2. Krstic is 2 inches taller than Perk and healthier and a better scorer and the C's are still the biggest team in the league with not 1, 2, 3...but 5  7 footers!! Shaq, JON, Krstic, Chad, KG 3. CELTS now have a great future with Green (only 24 yrs old and lots of talent) Bradley is only 20 yrs, 2 second round picks, 1 first round pick. 4. Instead of 5 players on the injured list we are now down to 2 not-so -serious injuries with Shaq (achillis) and JON (sore knee) 5. Celts are still looking for at least 2 more players to fill the roster (Powe and hopefully another talent) 6. Look at our bench:  Green,  Shaq, JON, BB, West, Bradley,   Wafer, Chad J. I see this team starting to look good and now healthier for Banner 18 GO CELTS!!!!!!
    Posted by rman0909

Good points, except that Green is a backup for KG and Paul at PF and SF, not Paul and Ray at SF and Guard.  He's no guard.

Otherwise, good post.

Sections
Shortcuts