New NBA Flopping Rules - Celtics Players

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: New NBA Flopping Rules - Celtics Players

Penalties are a complete joke

Rondo doesn't flop

This will become known as the DWade rule!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo doesn't flop

[/QUOTE]

What do you think the penalties should be?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo doesn't flop

[/QUOTE]

What do you think the penalties should be?

[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think it's enforceable.  I actually think it's part of the game.  But, if they are going to enforce it after the fact, they should start at 50K........just my opinion!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Though many players across the league were outspoken Wednesday in their support of the NBA’s anti-flopping attempts, the National Basketball Players Association announced its intention to file a grievance arguing any new economic forms of discipline must be collectively bargained.

Yep!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

I wish they would install a traveling rule or fine for it.  Lebron travels all the time,  Kobe is by far the biggest walker when he establishing a pivot foot.  I have seen him start pivoting at the free throw line and by the time he is working his way open both feet are behind the 3 pt line.  It gives these guys a huge advantage.  Flopping is the same as well.  That was a good rule.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kids are taught to fall down to draw a charge.  There is that semi-circle in the key to establish where the players feet are when contact occurs.  Naturally, they will fall down, that's what they have been trained to do.  This rule is a joke and is not enforceable.  Every one will be appealed and reduced.............

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

The Flopping rule as it is now is a flop.  Hit the player with a T foul. Money does not mean crap to these players.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Of the contending teams, I think the  Heat will be impacted the most by flopping rules. D Wade has really fallen into the habit. 

Pierce does it some and Kobe does it a bit but I doubt they'll be too impacted. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Also, multiiple offenses can lead to suspensions so maybe this thing will have more teeth than we think. It's a step anyhow. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, multiiple offenses can lead to suspensions so maybe this thing will have more teeth than we think. It's a step anyhow. 

[/QUOTE]

The problem, as I see it, is that even if a noted flopper curtails his penchant, there's nothing to prevent one from doing so at a crucial point in a crucial game  (like to make the playoffs, affect the playoff order, or win a playoff game) where it might influence the outcome.  A fine is well worth the risk, because the outcome of the game will not be affected.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

25%?

Where did you get that number??  A BIT high, don't you think?  Got any proof of that???

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Where did I say that?  Flopping is a huge problem.  I said I don't think it's enforceable AND it needs to be agreed upon by the players (and it won't be).

Unsportmanlike Conduct has been in the rule book since the beginning.  It is never enforced.  Has the technical foul rule (after so many is a fine, then a suspension) deterred the amount of complaining about the refs??

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts