New roster vs possible playoff foes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

New roster vs possible playoff foes

Celts will be seriously challenged in 3 playoff rounds, if we get to them all, this is fairly obvious... 2nd rd. East Finals, NBA Finals

If we play Knicks or Bulls in rd 2, I like Green, Kristic more than Perk

If we play Magic I'd prefer Perk

I'm 100% sure we'd play Heat in East Finals... and this trade is a 50-50 for me. 

If we play Spurs or Mavs in finals I prefer Green, Kristic

If we play Lakers in finals I prefer Perk

and if we now play OKC in finals I am sure Green will know how to score on his former team more than Perk will be effective on D vs. Shaq/KG when Doc knows his weaknesses

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: New roster vs possible playoff foes

WOW your getting me confused. (more)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Man, perk is a good piece to keep but he is not a must-keep piece. Spurs don't have perk and they have the best record in NBA. Orlando lost to many teams who don't have perk either. Let's move on. This team needs some offense. Many players cannot shoot and they miss wide-open shots. Before the trade, Cs had two non-shooting starters. However, they managed to win a title in 08 with the help from Posey PJ, and Eddie.  It is very difficult to win another title with two starters shooting no jumpers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think we'll be ok with these bigs come playoffs:

KG
    Baby
    Murphy (if he does come to Boston)
    Kristic
    Shaq
    JON

I also like having a 6'9" Green and possibly another wing like Rip (if he got bought out) playing on a second unit with Delonte and Baby and Murphy.

We have time to integrate everybody but I think this makes us better.

Our biggest loss is Perk but I think we can overcome his loss with better team defense.  I honestly believe the key will be Green (and another wing from a buyout).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: New roster vs possible playoff foes:
    [QUOTE]I think we'll be ok with these bigs come playoffs: KG Baby Murphy (if he does come to Boston) Kristic Shaq JON I also like having a 6'9" Green and possibly another wing like Rip (if he got bought out) playing on a second unit with Delonte and Baby and Murphy. We have time to integrate everybody but I think this makes us better. Our biggest loss is Perk but I think we can overcome his loss with better team defense.  I honestly believe the key will be Green (and another wing from a buyout).
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, a bench of 

C - Murphy/Kristic
    PF - Baby
    SF - Green
    SG - Rip
    PG - Delonte 

would be nasty... just need shaq back to being the 16-20 min guy giving a 9-5 like he was earlier in the year... but really we just need him to do that the last 20 games of the year and the playoffs... he can rest a bit more

and we only need him to be 24 min guy if we face LA or Orlando in the playoffs

Sections
Shortcuts