new trade rumor...KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: new trade rumor...KG

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The next step, if KG gets traded, is to trade Pierce for Kevin Martin and OKC's lottery pick they got from Toronto in the Harden deal.

I remember when you floated this idea a few weeks ago! These two trades would shave years off of the rebuilding process! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The next step, if KG gets traded, is to trade Pierce for Kevin Martin and OKC's lottery pick they got from Toronto in the Harden deal.

I remember when you floated this idea a few weeks ago! These two trades would shave years off of the rebuilding process! 

I think Miami beating the crap out of OKC, twice this season, is enough proof to say that Kevin Martin is nowhere near Harden or Pierce's caliber.

If OKC wants a championship, they need a guy like Pierce.

+1 I guarantee you Perk is telling OKC management the same thing! OKC needs the Truth! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

This trade is all about the long run. KG is great but he is about to retire. DeAndre and Bledsoe are pretty darn good specially Bledsoe. I would HATE to see KG gone but wouldnt mind the trade at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Let me add by saying that only Celtic fans believe the Celtics can beat the Heat in the playoffs. So I wouldn't blame Ainge if he's thinking long term by trading KG.

true.. I think we have way better chances of beating Miami in the playoffs with deandre and bledsoe knowing that Bosh ate Garnett in last playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Let me add by saying that only Celtic fans believe the Celtics can beat the Heat in the playoffs. So I wouldn't blame Ainge if he's thinking long term by trading KG.

true.. I think we have way better chances of beating Miami in the playoffs with deandre and bledsoe knowing that Bosh ate Garnett in last playoffs

KG to the Clips is how the Cs Beat-the-Heat this year! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonsy12. Show jonsy12's posts

I bet PP and KG would do whatever it takes to help the Celtic's even if that meant being traded. We know they both are true C's, and will be involved with the Green after there playing carreers are over. Just imagine the 3minute long standing ovations when either came back if playing with another team. I love those guys! They brought us back. Started watching in 79 at age 11. Didn't even miss a game in the 90's.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Garnett refused to sit against Bulls

CSN New England "Seeing Kevin Garnett deliver such a strong performance down the stretch would not have come about had Doc Rivers had his wishes. In fact, Rivers actually gave serious thought to sitting Garnett out for the C's game at Charlotte on Monday. "I really was mad at myself because I had written..." February 14

Did KG know something we did not? Maybe his last game in Green! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

KG to the Clips is how the Cs Beat-the-Heat this year! 

WeLl DaNnY puLl ThE trIgGeR

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well with the trading deadline coming up DA has to make a decision very quick.  If he doesn't do anything we start of very difficult part of the schedule,  things could go south in a hurry.  If he does nothing and we start losing he is going to catch  a lot of flack.  If he breaks it up a lot of people are going to say, "how can you do this when we are on such a run?"    He is pretty much in a no win situation unless he keeps them together and they continue to win.  The smart thing as bad as I hate it is to trade KG and PP.  Include Green if needed to make a splash.

OKC game against Miami I am not sure makes any difference to the Thunder.  I am not sure how much difference PP would have made in that one game.  Living 100 miles from the Thunder it wouldn't bother me a bit for the Thunder to get him.  Them and the Spurs are my 2nd fav teams.

If KG could net Bledsoe and Jordan

If PP could net a number one pick, Martin,  and say Perry Jones,

this might be the way to go.

Of course being blinded by the way we have been playing,  I really hate not giving these guys a chance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How about some type trade of sending KG and PP to the same team?

Ibaka, Martin,#1 pick and some type combination  to get both KG and PP.  That is the type of trade that could put OKC over the top.  They would have a couple year window. Both KG and PP would be a lot better with Durant and Westbrook dominating the stress levels.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Of course being blinded by the way we have been playing,  I really hate not giving these guys a chance.

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I don't like any of these trades.

No one will give us what KG is worth.

I would rather have KG than Jordan and Bledsoe.

totally agree, this talk is nuts, not going to replace KG.

Regarding dH for Rondo, isn't DH a free agent after the season.  He's not going to do a sign and trade for the Lakers.  If Ainge just sits he can go after a guy or two in the off season.  I think Smith is also a free agent this year.  the Celts don't have to trade anybody, certainly not KG or Rondo, this is crazy talk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jordan is not that good.  Bledsoe is not mini-Lebron.  Howard is never coming here.  Let's rebuild next year.  I want a good big to play alongside for KG. 

The only way this ever could happen is if KG told Ainge to do it and that he would retire if he didn't.

Everyone on this BB has become a slave to any rumor of any given day.  Let's get a big man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I don't like any of these trades.

No one will give us what KG is worth.

I would rather have KG than Jordan and Bledsoe.

totally agree, this talk is nuts, not going to replace KG.

Regarding dH for Rondo, isn't DH a free agent after the season.  He's not going to do a sign and trade for the Lakers.  If Ainge just sits he can go after a guy or two in the off season.  I think Smith is also a free agent this year.  the Celts don't have to trade anybody, certainly not KG or Rondo, this is crazy talk.

The Cs don't have to trade anyone? Where do you plan to find the $ to sign FAs this summer? No cap space = no FAs!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Jordan is not that good.  Bledsoe is not mini-Lebron.  Howard is never coming here.  Let's rebuild next year.  I want a good big to play alongside for KG. 

The only way this ever could happen is if KG told Ainge to do it and that he would retire if he didn't.

Everyone on this BB has become a slave to any rumor of any given day.  Let's get a big man.

Didnt you hear what Danny and Rivers ha to say of the chances of finding a center? If it was that easy, they would have done it long time ago!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I wonder if Danny Ainge has something big going on? Earlier we heard about Dwight to Boston for Rondo. Now they are saying the Celtics are looking to trade KG to the Clippers for Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan. What if Danny traded KG to the Clippers for Jordan and Bledsoe then Flipped Jordan and Rondo to LA for Dwight? The Salaries match up, the Lakers get a center back. Then move either Green or Bass to the PF and run with Bledsoe, Bradley, Peirce, Bass/Green, Dwight?

Interesting !! Sounds like you know your basketball !!!

But I really would like PP to go with KG( but whom else can we get from them) so they can continue to play together and these 2 Allstars can retire together in their local communities. Plus, they'd really dominate the Hated Lakers & living in SF I'd get to see them play the Warriors. Also, we travel to San Diego to see family so I'd see them playing the Lakers too.  Like Youkilis with NY and Allen with the Heat, their best days will be thought of playing in Boston & I know their hearts will always be in Boston.

I am not in love with Jordan as a Center as not a Cousins or Gortat even so I too like Rondo for Dwight Howard. He isn't playing well as in Orlando and has been injured but I feel it is because he's not happy in LA LA land and not too many enjoy playing with egomaniac Kobe. If we can be assured of a long term commitment from DH, I'd do it. Nice to get JJ Redick too somehow !!! We get Sully back, a PF but strong rebounder, keep Wicox too a good rebounder and have time to see if Melo develops.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Didnt you hear what Danny and Rivers ha to say of the chances of finding a center? If it was that easy, they would have done it long time ago!

Minus KG and with Jordan the Celtics do NOT have a good big man!  Have you watched Jordan play other than an alley-opp.  The Clippers want to get rid of him and his contract.  Stupid move.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan living in SF the past 45 years.

SF teams almost have the same intense rivalry with LA teams that Boston does with NY but definitely not quite. Love to go to Warrior-Laker, Giant-Dodgers games and hear & see signs  "Beat LA, Beat LA" similar to in Boston. I don't even like the city of LA, a big sprawling smog infested metropolis.

But, I have to admit I do like the LA Clippers and not because they are better than the hated long time rival Lakers but I guess I still associate them with being from San Diego, a nice quaint Seaport walking around town like Boston. Maybe it's because they've mostly always been an underdog and still haven't won a title & it'll be tough this year too with OKC, Denver & San Antonio & then the Heat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I live in S Calif and see the Clippers a lot.  Bledsoe is the real deal, but somewhat unorthodox, similar to Rondo.  Jordan I would compare to Perkins, but taller, better shot blocker, and a better finisher.  But Jordan's defense isn't as good (other than the shot blocking).  Jordan's free throw shooting is awful and he doesn't really have an offensive game.  With the right team, he can be a great piece.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to pinnacle10's comment:

I live in S Calif and see the Clippers a lot.  Bledsoe is the real deal, but somewhat unorthodox, similar to Rondo.  Jordan I would compare to Perkins, but taller, better shot blocker, and a better finisher.  But Jordan's defense isn't as good (other than the shot blocking).  Jordan's free throw shooting is awful and he doesn't really have an offensive game.  With the right team, he can be a great piece.

Sam Perkins was a terrific shooter and all round player. I live in LA too and Jordan is a woeful offensive player and horrible ball handler.  The Celtics will be in serious decline next season with this trade.  Bledsoe by the way is the real deal as compared to Rondo, you are dreaming if you think he will replace him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think he means Kendrick Perkins.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts