New York now a threat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: New York now a threat

In Response to Re: New York now a threat:
    [QUOTE]New York is a threat now.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

If the Celts are the #1 seed NY will only be a threat to Miami or Chicago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New York now a threat : If the Celts are the #1 seed NY will only be a threat to Miami or Chicago.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I agree....

but, again...worrying over the KNICKS!!!!!!!  Really?????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"New York is a threat now."

So what? The Celtics are going to the playoffs and are going to play some very good teams. One of them may be the Knicks. Why does this matter? It's not like the Knicks are that much better than other teams in the east. At best they are somewhere in the top 4-5 teams now. 

p.s. The Knicks are not an intimidating defensive team.

p.s.s. Amare and Carmelo have not even figured out how they are going to share the ball now, so I hope you'll spare me if I don't get too stressed out about the Knicks, who are one Chauncey Billups ankle sprain away from irrelevant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Billups is the glue on that team... hes still a great player.

Im not too worried about facing Melo.. Ive noticed a bit of ball hog in him watching the KNicks games, which will hurt them against the C's.

More interesting, this isnt the Knicks we're used to seeing. I dont believe they are the run n gun team from a month ago bombing 3's left & right. They lost alot of talent to pick up Melo & Billups.. players that buried 3's, ran the court etc.  I think their games will be lower scoring going forward.

I dont find them a threat to the Celtics and if they were it'd be because their role players are playing way over their heads and especially if Billups is playing great ball.. if hes not, I dont see Amare, Melo & the rest being enough

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Say the Knicks are in the 6th position as the playoffs approach.  Do you think they would intentionally lose to go to 7 so they would see miami or chicago to get out of the c's side of the bracket?  However it works, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slide, even if it meant playing miami or chicago in the first round instead of orlando.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fryber. Show fryber's posts

[QUOTE]Say the Knicks are in the 6th position as the playoffs approach.  Do you think they would intentionally lose to go to 7 so they would see miami or chicago to get out of the c's side of the bracket?  However it works, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slide, even if it meant playing miami or chicago in the first round instead of orlando.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

The Knocks are currently the #6 seed, so they would be playing #3 Chicago in the first round. If they beat Chicago they would play the winner of Miami-Philadelphia. Only after that, they would play Boston in the ECF. So, they do not need to "slide" in order to avoid Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not buying it. They are clearly more competitive, but not a threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The only threat the Knicks bring this year, is reduced media coverage for the Celtics due to the offensive wow factor they bring.

Until they can develop a complete game on both ends of the floor, on a consistent basis, they are not a threat to the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to New York now a threat:
    [QUOTE]With the two young all stars and Billups and Carter the Nicks are now a threat to anyone who plays them.  The Celtics need to pick up a difference maker who can play and has the size to guard Melo or the queen.  Winning the East may be harder than defeating the western champion. The recovery of West and JO are very important for the remainder of the year.  We are just too thin at the present and there is no reason to think that the injuries are over with.  Doc is playing Ray and Paul toooo much.  Chicago, Orlando, Miami and the Celtics plus seveal other eastern teams that could go on a roll, make the second half of the season very interesting.  If you look at the Nicks and Atlanta you see two teams that could go on a roll at any time. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    Oh really!!!

Sections
Shortcuts