Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis

P34, Waynestarr - Where are you guys?? Hello. hello? Anyone out there? Mic check 1,2,3??

"crickets"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The way the c's play defense, helping out so much, it's almost like a zone.  Everybody knows the biggest weakness of a zone (even more than allowing 3's) is that you're not always matched up to a person to box out when the shot goes up.  All the time last night baby was out helping on d when the shot went up.  Usually, davis was bodying somebody closer to the perimeter.  The main culprit was shaq who just stands under the rim.  That's my take on the rebounding last night.

Anyway, we did better in the 4th period.  Of course, both teams were hitting a lot of shots in the 4th, so there were less rebounds to get.  I thought JO played better than shaq last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis:
    Well how is everyone feeling about BBD vs frontline players so far?? LOL! Next up Duncan I'm not hearing all those prasies for BBD lately. Don't run and hide now. It must be nice to have a PF have a nice fade away jumper but can only muster 1 rebound.
    Posted by BiasLewis

If Davis gets one rebound or even none and we win, that will be good enough for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Really?? Well we've lowered our expectations haven't we? LOL!

Camby can at least get 2 boards. :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis:
    Well all those BBD supporters who think he's worth resigning and the future replacement to KG. Since he's the cornerstone of the team with Rondo in the coming years, we're going to see in his next 6 games just what with have with BBD. Here's the guys he has to matchup with if all are playing. Today vs Bargnani Tomorrow vs Love (now this should be good) Wed vs Duncan Friday vs Bargnani Sat vs Boozer Monday vs Scola NOW if he can produce good numbers, hold these guys in check and the C's win games during this stretch I will eat crow BUT if he doesn't I know 5 posters that need to run and hide because I'm going to make life miserable for them every day they make a post.
    Posted by BiasLewis
     I am sure you have watched the games this year and have seen the contribution Baby has made , and now you want to throw him into a new roll and stand back and say, well Baby you must adjust immediately and perform at a high lever are you are not worth resigning , no wonder he is most likely looking forward to free agency.  He is the best gap filler we have had at a big position and plays much better than last year and should improve over the next two years , if given a defined roll.  He has great basketball IQ, he is a bit immature but is not afraid to shoot, rebound and defend.  The guy has been a bigger part of the team for the past two years , than he is given credit for by some on this board.  Let him, West, and Perk walk and you will be scrambling to find players like them for the roll players need to win with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

But after reading the other post above  , I have wasted my time, posting here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! I call that moonwalking.

I know the resume of BBD I don't need it reiterated to me. That may work during his negotiations if you're his agent but I have the DVR to prove otherwise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

LOL! Really?? Well we've lowered our expectations haven't we? LOL! Camby can at least get 2 boards. :-)
    Posted by BiasLewis

Lowered my expectataion?  No. All I care about is the wins.  Your the one that wants Baby to do bad so that you will look smart.  Maybe you also want the C's to lose and Baby to play bad.  Sure what it looks like.

You can give it up on Camby.  No one wants the overpaid string bean.  You still wanting to give up 2 bigs , a number one, and Bradley for him?   Thats a lot for a injury prone string bean.

Are you hoping Duncan gets 20 boards and 30 pts tomorrow?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

LOL! I call that moonwalking. I know the resume of BBD I don't need it reiterated to me. That may work during his negotiations if you're his agent but I have the DVR to prove otherwise.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Maybe you should call up Danny and tell him how smart you are.  Most of us are tired of you telling us.  You could make all the finanacial decisions for Boston and make all the trades for us. LMAO.  Yep your smarter than Danny and Doc, thats for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Lowered my expectataion?  No. All I care about is the wins.  Your the one that wants Baby to do bad so that you will look smart.  Maybe you also want the C's to lose and Baby to play bad.  Sure what it looks like. You can give it up on Camby.  No one wants the overpaid string bean.  You still wanting to give up 2 bigs , a number one, and Bradley for him?   Thats a lot for a injury prone string bean. Are you hoping Duncan gets 20 boards and 30 pts tomorrow?
    Posted by OneOnOne

What you're happy because we beat Minn...again the expectations have been lowered.

Stop trying to change the subject. The wins will come, no one wants the C's to lose. You're just trying to take a different angle about the topic. Damn if we can't beat Minn with BBD we have bigger problems. The way some of you have been running your mouth about BBD this and that?? It's going to be awhile before the spotlight is off BBD.

So now I want to be right over winning? LOL! So you're admitting I'm right?? :-)

Be a man and man up to all your tough talk about BBD and stop looking for an excuse because he got outplayed by Love big time. Hell if he gets 5 rebs maybe we win by 10.

Duncan and Blair combining for 30 and 20 sounds about right. Can our bigs step up and earn their check!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

People are making too much of this.  Love dominates EVERY team in the NBA on the boards.  And unless you're going to start complaining about Shaq and Jermaine, you need to get off Baby's case about this one game.  Baby is at best 6'6", going against a monster rebounder who is 6'9".  Jermaine and Shaq are 7 footers!.... and they didn't rebound much better against Minnesota's two centers who aren't even monster rebounders like Love.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Nope that's an excuse. The C's don't play zone they play man to man. Yes I admit the other bigs could've helped but when you get outboarded 24-1 you aren't even competing.

Would Love have got 24 boards against KG??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Would Love have got 24 boards against KG??
    Posted by BiasLewis

i bet he gets 17 rebs against kg and we win

so what's the difference. 

hope you're having fun going on and on about this.  maybe you can lift davis out of his problems.

then when you're "done" go on over to rondo's free throws and jumper, a much more important and front and center issue for this team to go deep in the playoffs.  not looking good so far with rajjy sitting at 41% and falling......

bigger fish to fry, or just obsessed w/ small fish?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I don't know.  They interviewed Davis before the game and asked him about what he's going to do for filling in for KG, and he said "I'm gonna do whatever Coach asks me to do"  when asked to elaborate - he said "Coach tells me to do whatever I do, Rebound, Take Charges, Block Shots, Score - Whatever Coach Says, That's what I do" so, while it bugs me to see poor rebounding and non existent offensive rebounding, I do believe he's trying to fill whatever Doc instructed him to do to the best of his ability.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : i bet he gets 17 rebs against kg and we win so what's the difference.  hope you're having fun going on and on about this.  maybe you can lift davis out of his problems. then when you're "done" go on over to rondo's free throws and jumper, a much more important and front and center issue for this team to go deep in the playoffs.  not looking good so far with rajjy sitting at 41% and falling...... bigger fish to fry, or just obsessed w/ small fish?
    Posted by aciemvp

He's trying to restore his credibility after telling Ainge to sign Mikki Moore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well all those BBD supporters who think he's worth resigning and the future replacement to KG. Since he's the cornerstone of the team with Rondo in the coming years, we're going to see in his next 6 games just what with have with BBD. Here's the guys he has to matchup with if all are playing. Today vs Bargnani Tomorrow vs Love (now this should be good) Wed vs Duncan Friday vs Bargnani Sat vs Boozer Monday vs Scola NOW if he can produce good numbers, hold these guys in check and the C's win games during this stretch I will eat crow BUT if he doesn't I know 5 posters that need to run and hide because I'm going to make life miserable for them every day they make a post.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Are you ready to eat some crow?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

NOPE! Eat crow for what? Don't speak too soon, he still has Bargnani, Boozer and Scola coming up.

Again, I stand by my sentiments with BBD. He played very good last night but I don't flip flop like some on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

NOPE! Eat crow for what? Don't speak too soon, he still has Bargnani, Boozer and Scola coming up. Again, I stand by my sentiments with BBD. He played very good last night but I don't flip flop like some on this board.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Flip flop about what?   BTW you can't find one thread where I talked about Davis other than not trading him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Read the post did I mention your name? I said some on this board. Why do SOME take a post so personal. Unless I address you I'm posting to the masses on the board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Read the post did I mention your name? I said some on this board. Why do SOME take a post so personal. Unless I address you I'm posting to the masses on the board.
    Posted by BiasLewis

No you didn't right there, but you did on another thread.  How soon we forget.  NOt taking it personal.  I just wanted to get this thread back on the front page and after six games we will see.  That was your intention wasn't it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : No you didn't right there, but you did on another thread.  How soon we forget.  NOt taking it personal.  I just wanted to get this thread back on the front page and after six games we will see.  That was your intention wasn't it?
    Posted by OneOnOne

Sure but don't have your chest out because BBD scored 20+ points...he only had 2 rebs...3 in two games. That's not good from the PF position. I said he played well. I don't look for excuses I can be man enough to give props when it's due.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Sure but don't have your chest out because BBD scored 20+ points...he only had 2 rebs...3 in two games. That's not good from the PF position. I said he played well. I don't look for excuses I can be man enough to give props when it's due.
    Posted by BiasLewis

My chest out?  Not hardly.  Yes I want more rebounds, but all said BBD has played well not only the last few games but all year.  When are you going to give him his due for all year?  Or are you ready to just dump him?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bias against the world!

HAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I've given BBD his due but there comes a time that decisions on players need to be made. I didn't want to lose BBD before we signed Sheed.

Just like Minn has to deal with Love. If he doesn't take an extension they're looking to move him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Sections
Shortcuts