Next out the door----Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Ever since his buddy Perk was traded Rondo has been in a funk. The effort has just not been there, and coupled with his moodiness and at times disdain for the team, makes me believe that his days as a Celtic are limited.  Given their floor leadership and superior shooting (especially from the line), I see Arroyo/West getting more of his minutes in the playoffs. After the Cs hang banner #18, I believe Danny will look to trade this player with limited skills and unlimited ego (similar to Perk). Hopefully, he can find a team similar to the Thunder who are willing to throw good sense aside to fill some perceived need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Next out the door----Rondo

I think you've jumped the gun WAY TOO SOON. I will agree he's been in a funk since the trade but no way Ainge moves him in 2012, I do believe it's possible in 2013.

I hope he wakes up for the playoffs and realizes this is a business. He got his money so he needs to man up and play ball. I think some of it also has to do with the team has more scorers now and when he refuses to shoot, hold the ball and won't take the easy shot it sticks out like a sore thumb. He's got to score when given the chance. West and Arroyo are not reluctant shooters but they don't play the defense Rondo does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The guy Rondo is going to cost us the #1 seed in the East , if he does not recover, and form what I have seen he is not injured, he does wear some kind of junk under his uniform that looks hanger 13 like.  At times you wonder just what the team will look like with the big three gone and him out of control.  To me it is a Doc problem and should be fixed soon.  There is a lot at stake and it is sad when a point that has never been on the team looks just as good as your starting point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Next out the door----Rondo:
    Ever since his buddy Perk was traded Rondo has been in a funk. The effort has just not been there, and coupled with his moodiness and at times disdain for the team, makes me believe that his days as a Celtic are limited.  Given their floor leadership and superior shooting (especially from the line), I see Arroyo/West getting more of his minutes in the playoffs. After the Cs hang banner #18, I believe Danny will look to trade this player with limited skills and unlimited ego (similar to Perk). Hopefully, he can find a team similar to the Thunder who are willing to throw good sense aside to fill some perceived need.
    Posted by henryfinkel

My hope is that Arroyo and a healthy DWest will show us what we do and don't want and need in a PG.

At that point, Rondo finally does his part to leave a lasting positive impact on the Celtic franchise... as trade bait.

Rondo fatigue, once it sets in, becomes an irresistible force that leads to abrupt change... and like a spoiled child, Rondo will orchestrate/direct/mastermind his own demise, daring management to finally come down on him and send his petulant, high maintenance, long overdue @ss  packing. 

For the good of the franchise!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

At one point, someone asked why there was so much Rondo hate going on.  I defended the posts as objective and fair criticisms of his weaknesses and areas for improvement and that the fans still wanted Rondo, just wanted him to improve in some areas.

After reading this post, I can see that I was wrong - there's just some real Rondo hate going on.  Wow.

He's had a bad stretch, folks.  Agreed.  He'll be fine.  He wasn't the all world player some of you thought he was.  He is, however, still a great point guard for this team and still learning/developing at his young age.  Please remember your posts come playoff time and he's looking great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The word petulant was used above.

I will use it as well. We have a lot of petulant fans on this board. The mood swings up and down more dramatically than is justified by the situation. It will take some time for the new players to blend in, and it will take a while for the starters, including Rondo to adjust as well. Does Rondo have to play better? Yes. Should we trade him because he is in a funk after a few games? Huh?

Yes, he has weaknesses, and he also has strengths.

The last three games have been aberrations. They do not represent how the Celtics can play moving forward. During the ebb and flow of the season, players have good games and bad games. The first two were losses, with uncharacteristically bad offense and defense from more than one player. Last night, was a back to back for the Bucks, so any euphoria over the win or the defensive record are misplaced as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Next out the door----Rondo:
    The word petulant was used above. I will use it as well. We have a lot of petulant fans on this board. The mood swings up and down more dramatically than is justified by the situation. It will take some time for the new players to blend in, and it will take a while for the starters, including Rondo to adjust as well. Does Rondo have to play better? Yes. Should we trade him because he is in a funk after a few games? Huh? Yes, he has weaknesses, and he also has strengths. The last three games have been aberrations. They do not represent how the Celtics can play moving forward. During the ebb and flow of the season, players have good games and bad games. The first two were losses, with uncharacteristically bad offense and defense from more than one player. Last night, was a back to back for the Bucks, so any euphoria over the win or the defensive record are misplaced as well.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Last 3 games abberations?

How about this - in the last 14 games he has had 8 games where he did not even score his average - most on this board would say who cares he averages 55ppg so there are going to be those games where he doesn't score his average.  Well in reality - where some of us have to analyze and assess things - he averages 12 and in more than half of the last 14 he has scored less than his average including two games with 2 points, one with 5, two with 6 and one with 7....

In the same 14 games he has had 9 games where he had fewer assists than his average including last night's gem when he had 3.

3 game abberation - NOT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from triple3threat. Show triple3threat's posts

I don't see a trade happening, all that needs to happen is Doc send a message by possibly playing him less minutes for a short stretch....hopefully that doesn't lead to even less effort put forth by him. Or you can just have Doc tell him to man up and be leader/basketball player on a good Boston team that has a legitimate shot at a title. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Rondo and BBD or JON for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.  Very interesting possibility for the off season.

PA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I don't see a trade happening, all that needs to happen is Doc send a message by possibly playing him less minutes for a short stretch....hopefully that doesn't lead to even less effort put forth by him. Or you can just have Doc tell him to man up and be leader/basketball player on a good Boston team that has a legitimate shot at a title. 
    Posted by triple3threat

Rondo is Danny's binky and people love to report how it is Rondo's team and how Rondo is a star, etc.  Rondo is going nowhere.  While we would find out they are likely no worse off with either Arroyo or West as the starting point guard, Rondo is going nowhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i must say that rondo's play against the bucks was.... uninspired, to be very charitable.  he visibly looked like he didn't want to be out there.  EVERYONE is hurt or has aches and pains right now, but there is only one player that i see who is loafing it- rondo.

he ran the offense with such a dispassionate demeanor i almost threw something at the TV.  jennings was shut down, but it was more a function of team defense that anything rondo did.  rondo did hustle somehwat more than usual on defense, i saw him fight over a couple of picks, but jennings was still getting let loose into the secondary defense a lot after rondo got swept away.

i didn't see this happening as much with arroyo in there.

i am baffled as to how someone with rondo, the youngest guy of this starting core, could look so disinterested in running the team last night.  just standing around waving to people.  the shots he took looked terrible. 

if he's that hurt then sit him and get him better.  he's not doing the team much good right now.  if he remains in this sort of mercurial funk / disinterested state, i would watch for the celts to deal him at some point, once he proves he can be an asset to a team again like perkins did.  i can't see having a 10M point guard over the rest of his contract term who looks like this, it's an insult to his teamates and fans.

i hope rondo turns it around because what he's doing (not doing) isn't lost on anybody.  he's not hiding his miserable state of mind very well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

i must say that rondo's play against the bucks was.... uninspired, to be very charitable.  he visibly looked like he didn't want to be out there.  EVERYONE is hurt or has aches and pains right now, but there is only one player that i see who is loafing it- rondo. he ran the offense with such a dispassionate demeanor i almost threw something at the TV.  jennings was shut down, but it was more a function of team defense that anything rondo did.  rondo did hustle somehwat more than usual on defense, i saw him fight over a couple of picks, but jennings was still getting let loose into the secondary defense a lot after rondo got swept away. i didn't see this happening as much with arroyo in there. i am baffled as to how someone with rondo, the youngest guy of this starting core, could look so disinterested in running the team last night.  just standing around waving to people.  the shots he took looked terrible.  if he's that hurt then sit him and get him better.  he's not doing the team much good right now.  if he remains in this sort of mercurial funk / disinterested state, i would watch for the celts to deal him at some point, once he proves he can be an asset to a team again like perkins did.  i can't see having a 10M point guard over the rest of his contract term who looks like this, it's an insult to his teamates and fans. i hope rondo turns it around because what he's doing (not doing) isn't lost on anybody.  he's not hiding his miserable state of mind very well.
    Posted by aciemvp

I have read here for the last couple of years and a million times on WEEI how Rondo's contract was a steal and a bargain and how Danny hoodwinked Rondo, etc.

By the end of his contract he will be making $13million per year.......  is it obvious now why was not given the money that the actual elite point guards have gotten.

Does anyone really think there is a GM in the league that would trade Paul or Williams for Rondo?  Puuuuhhhhllllleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

These posts are just too easy to respond to.  Are you sure you dont want to take that back?

I treat these Rondo posts the same why I do when people say "fire Billicheck" on the Pats forum.  WHo are you gonna bring in to replace him?   When do you become a fan?

You must not have been around when we had guys like Kenny Anderson, (love em to death) but he couldnt hit a free throw jumper while playing here and he was a scorer coming out of college., think about that.  The most he averaged was like 6 to 7 assists and even Toine averaged more assists some years..he was servicable,. but no Rondo, and then we had the Shammond Williams(good shooter, but couldnt pass) exp. w/ Marcus Banks, speed, but nothing else, TOny Delk, (volume scorer 2 guard in 1's body), I could go on and on...We took more then 10 years to find this guy and you wanna dump him??   Gimme a break, right when he starts hitting the free throw jumper too....Get the Uck outta Here!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

i must say that rondo's play against the bucks was.... uninspired, to be very charitable.  he visibly looked like he didn't want to be out there.  EVERYONE is hurt or has aches and pains right now, but there is only one player that i see who is loafing it- rondo. he ran the offense with such a dispassionate demeanor i almost threw something at the TV.  jennings was shut down, but it was more a function of team defense that anything rondo did.  rondo did hustle somehwat more than usual on defense, i saw him fight over a couple of picks, but jennings was still getting let loose into the secondary defense a lot after rondo got swept away. i didn't see this happening as much with arroyo in there. i am baffled as to how someone with rondo, the youngest guy of this starting core, could look so disinterested in running the team last night.  just standing around waving to people.  the shots he took looked terrible.  if he's that hurt then sit him and get him better.  he's not doing the team much good right now.  if he remains in this sort of mercurial funk / disinterested state, i would watch for the celts to deal him at some point, once he proves he can be an asset to a team again like perkins did.  i can't see having a 10M point guard over the rest of his contract term who looks like this, it's an insult to his teamates and fans. i hope rondo turns it around because what he's doing (not doing) isn't lost on anybody.  he's not hiding his miserable state of mind very well.
    Posted by aciemvp

Scott Skiles disagreed with you in his postgame remarks. Said Rondo set the defensive theme from the jump. Guess we should bow to your superior knowledge ,though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

In Response to Re: Next out the door----Rondo : Rondo is Danny's binky and people love to report how it is Rondo's team and how Rondo is a star, etc.  Rondo is going nowhere.  While we would find out they are likely no worse off with either Arroyo or West as the starting point guard, Rondo is going nowhere.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I don't know Dudder.  Danny would have traded Bird and McHale, so to say that anyone is untouchable doesn't seem to jive.  Again Chris Paul is going to want to go somewhere else and we might have enough trade chips.  Rondo's and BBD/JON's contracts should account for the money part of it.  The recently acquired 1st rounder could also add an enticement.

A couple ones, a two from Cleveland,  Rondo, an expiring contract, who knows.
    We'll still have enough to compete, if we keep Green, Krstic, Arroyo, and Murphy.

CP3, RA, PP, KG, Shaq/Krstic - yeah, I'd say we could compete.

PA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Beginning of the season, I posted a thread about whether Rondo's shooting ability would improve this season.
    Well, we pretty much know how that turned out.
    What I never expected was his enthusiasm for the game would dip.
    Don't know what's going on with him.  If it's the Perk trade, c'mon grow up!!
    If it's due to an injury, the trainers should know about it and he should be on the sidelines.
    The Celtics are a veteran unit and by way of that, a self-policing unit.
    I believe if his disinterest doesn't go away, it will come to a head in the locker room before the playoffs.
    We all know how much more effective the Celtics are when Rondo's aggressive and pushing the ball.
    Waiting for it to happen again and consistently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

chris paul has gotten craftier. he's had to do something to compensate for his explosive first step being gone since his knee surgery. he's a bone on bone guy. i'll take our pg.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He is chilling out until the playoffs, RE- LAx!  Jeesh!  you guys are unbelievable!

he finally came out the game early, so he is just now getting his due rest, lets see if his performance changes in the next couple when he is resting more.  I thought he played pretty good "D" on Jennings last night.  I cant believe you guys are calling for CP3....that p rick would not fit here...and you all would be calling for R.R. to come back...be careful what u wish for, the guys is a proven commodity with a ring already, so just chill and wait till playoff game...You sound Stupid!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I like a stand up man. If you think Rondo is a stinker, bring it to the table
    and demand another PG.
    I hate people just griping and no balls to say the ultimate words. Just say it!
    Trade Rondo! It's an ultimate arguiment. Griping that Rondo is: Moody, lacking of defence zhyte, lost his man's love Perk, can't shoot...blah blah blah will not
    do us any good. Playoffs are coming and trade deadline is done.  It's all secondary now.

When comes to push and shove (which is coming soon) who would you like to be there? Arroyo ? West ? Bradley?  --- it's playoff time don't be zhyte head!   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

All I will say is if Ainge is around in 2013-14 there is a possibility that if the team isn't shaped and formed to where Ainge envisions it, Rondo could be moved.

We are so far away from that it's not even funny. Rondo will be required to do more as the Big 3 fade out and where is game is at that point will be the determining factor. If he can come back and improve as much as Rose did on his jumper, he's a keeper.

I'll take #18 & #19 and then move Rondo but not before then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Next out the door----Rondo : Scott Skiles disagreed with you in his postgame remarks. Said Rondo set the defensive theme from the jump. Guess we should bow to your superior knowledge ,though.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

oh.  i see.  do you think that coaches have ever been found guilty of fake praise in the history of this game?  and, like i said, rondo came out at the start of the game with some better defensive intensity than in previous games. 

but you didn't read that because you are a blind, deaf, dumb intellectual goose stepper.  i call it like i see it, not with blind love toward your fav guy.  later in the game, rondo's efforts waned, and waned rather noticably.

did you watch the game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Dudder,

You are a known Rondo hater, and I usually see your posts when the Celtics have hit a bad stretch.

What ever you say is colored by your overwhelming dislike of Rondo. You really seem to enjoy it here the most when Rondo is in a slump. It does not matter whether or not it is tree games for the Celtics, or 14 for Rondo, I doubt that it matters. As in previous years, Rondo becomes "locked in" for the play-offs.

Ha Ha, ... I think both Celtic management and I have a wait and see attitude.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

These posts are just too easy to respond to.  Are you sure you dont want to take that back? I treat these Rondo posts the same why I do when people say "fire Billicheck" on the Pats forum.  WHo are you gonna bring in to replace him?   When do you become a fan? You must not have been around when we had guys like Kenny Anderson, (love em to death) but he couldnt hit a free throw jumper while playing here and he was a scorer coming out of college., think about that.  The most he averaged was like 6 to 7 assists and even Toine averaged more assists some years..he was servicable,. but no Rondo, and then we had the Shammond Williams(good shooter, but couldnt pass) exp. w/ Marcus Banks, speed, but nothing else, TOny Delk, (volume scorer 2 guard in 1's body), I could go on and on...We took more then 10 years to find this guy and you wanna dump him??   Gimme a break, right when he starts hitting the free throw jumper too....Get the Uck outta Here!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

The replacements may already be here... wearing green.

5 years into his career and he is already starting to hit the wide open FT jumper??

Precocious indeed.

Wait until defenders get the bad news. LOL

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Nobody gets traded until the season's over.  I just don't see Rondo as having immunity from being dealt.

PA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I doubt Perk's absence has anything to do with the Rondo's play. More likely, he is worn down from the grueling minutes that Doc has been piling on him PLUS a touch of boredom.

Last nite, Arroyo played more than Rondo did. More of that is what's needed down the stretch to get Rondo re-charged and ready for the postseason.

Sections
Shortcuts