Next out the door----Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Next out the door----Rondo

So Pudding, you are suggesting that either Arroyo or Bradley replace Rondo??   Please dont make me entertain that nonsense!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Next out the door----Rondo:
    I doubt Perk's absence has anything to do with the Rondo's play. More likely, he is worn down from the grueling minutes that Doc has been piling on him PLUS a touch of boredom. Last nite, Arroyo played more than Rondo did. More of that is what's needed down the stretch to get Rondo re-charged and ready for the postseason.
    Posted by cshashaty

this is the most delicious bit of rondo-apologetics ever.  and it's been offered up by a LOT of people now as rondo's effort and interest seem to fade.  BORED of making 10M a year.  BORED of a game that he has not conquered the fundamentals of?!  how can that be?! 

if he's bored, why doesn't he take 500 jumpers a day and that's the fewest he should be taking!  maybe if he did this work he'd make some.  bored.... of the sport?  maybe he needs to turn down his contract and go conquer the world of table tennis?

honestly, this is just nonsense.  if this guy REALLY is bored we are looking at a full blown head case.  his FT shooting has never been worse and he's bored. I guess we're in for 48% next year and 44% from the line the year after that as he ratchets up his boredom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Trading Rondo is idiotc. And by the logic you guys are using we should trade KG too. He has also been in a funk since perk got traded... So ship him out! 

None of you guys have any idea what is going on. Doc knows, Danny, knows...Rondo has been playing a ton of minutes laltely and only last night did he finally get his minutes down. Btw, Rondo also played outstanding defense last night. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

He is chilling out until the playoffs, RE- LAx!  Jeesh!  you guys are unbelievable! he finally came out the game early, so he is just now getting his due rest, lets see if his performance changes in the next couple when he is resting more.  I thought he played pretty good "D" on Jennings last night.  I cant believe you guys are calling for CP3....that p rick would not fit here...and you all would be calling for R.R. to come back...be careful what u wish for, the guys is a proven commodity with a ring already, so just chill and wait till playoff game...You sound Stupid!
    Posted by JayShizzle45
       If he coninues to rest, mabey we can get second place.  keep sleeping rondo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

yodeling yodelers waiting for the playoffs.

yodel-lay-he-hooo. . .Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Trading Rondo is idiotc

I don't think anyone has a balls to say "TRADE RONDO"
          except the original guy (dudder)who didn't like Rondo's skills.
    But Dudder has a better analysis, the rest just copycat.

The rest, just gripes --- talk, talk, talk, talk..bs bs bs bs bs
    They are good in bandwagon.
    If we are winning--they say nothing. As soon as we lose here and there, sky are falling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

So Pudding, you are suggesting that either Arroyo or Bradley replace Rondo??   Please dont make me entertain that nonsense!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Just teasing Jay. (Actually I had Arroyo and DWest in mind, not Bradley.)

Just like you were teasing me when you touted Rondo's (long overdue but now slowly emerging 11 years after grammar school, 7 after HS) improved midrange game.

I love your tongue in cheek.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Double-T. Show Double-T's posts

NO...next out the door is you and all the Rondo haters. 

Losers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is here for the near future 2011 and 2012 that is a lifetime in basketball.

Paul was almost gone in 2006-7.  Things happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

If I think it makes the team better, I'd trade anyone.  I haven't commented on Rondo's current play.  I just look at the potential to sell high and buy low.  Rondo and BBD could be worth Paul or Williams this summer.

PA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hank Finkel
    gets my vote
    ... for President of Celtic Basketball Operations. He has the  necessary 'nads
    to do the job.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

sooo just out of curiousity.. who do you ppl think was the anchor of the team in the playoffs last yr? who carried us to the finals?? 

this board has a short memory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

crickets!  ....lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

crickets!  ....lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45

rite..this is wat always happens. they dont wanna answer bc it devastates their claims. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I still cant believe why everyone always wants what they cant have.  The last 3 years in the playoffs, you have guys gushing over Rondo.  Saying he is the best playoff performer, etc...ONe year he outplayed D.Rose to the tune of averaging a trip double!!!

When one of those punks, D.Williams, or C.Paul win a Title, come talk to me....until then, they are just ego-maniacs that have a better jump shot...What else do they do better???  Dont worry, I'll wait....

Just unbelievable nonsense.  I wouldnt want that lil sesame st character looking, not defense playing, selfish player like Chris Paul even if he was a free agent..never mind trading for him.  He struts up the court like he is Gods gift to B-ball, NO thanks!!!   Keep getting us to the Finals R.R.  and all is well w/ me!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Next out the door----Rondo:
    Ever since his buddy Perk was traded Rondo has been in a funk. The effort has just not been there, and coupled with his moodiness and at times disdain for the team, makes me believe that his days as a Celtic are limited.  Given their floor leadership and superior shooting (especially from the line), I see Arroyo/West getting more of his minutes in the playoffs. After the Cs hang banner #18, I believe Danny will look to trade this player with limited skills and unlimited ego (similar to Perk). Hopefully, he can find a team similar to the Thunder who are willing to throw good sense aside to fill some perceived need.
    Posted by henryfinkel

Not even a snowballs chance in Hell he's in the first year of a 5 year 55 million dollar contract, he's 24, and he's one of the top 5 PG in the NBA no matter what anyone on this board says to the contrary. Arroyo is a 30 year old journyman PG brought here to eat minutes until West comes back, and then it will be a competition for the 2nd string spot (although either can also play SG). He was not brought here to replace Rondo. There is a reason the Heat released him in favor of Mike Bibby and benched him in favor of Mario Chalmers, and would you honestly say you'd rather have either of them than Rondo? Don't get me wrong Arroyo can be effective, but nothing close to Rondo. Also you say Rondo has limited talents, he can't shoot 3's or FT's.Those are his weaknesses, he averages in excess of 2 steals and 12 assists a game, and was on the All NBA defensive team last year. You call that limited talents?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still cant believe why everyone always wants what they cant have.  The last 3 years in the playoffs, you have guys gushing over Rondo.  Saying he is the best playoff performer, etc...ONe year he outplayed D.Rose to the tune of averaging a trip double!!! When one of those punks, D.Williams, or C.Paul, come talk to me....until then, they are just ego-maniacs that have a better jump shot...What else do they do better???  Dont worry, I'll wait.... Just unbelievable nonsense.  I wouldnt want that lil sesame st character looking, not defense playing, selfish player like Chris Paul even if he was a free agent..never mind trading for him.  He struts up the court like he is Gods gift to B-ball, NO thanks!!!   Keep getting us to the Finals R.R.  and all is well w/ me!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

LMAO! He does have a great point!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Re: Next out the door----Rondo : Last 3 games abberations? How about this - in the last 14 games he has had 8 games where he did not even score his average - most on this board would say who cares he averages 55ppg so there are going to be those games where he doesn't score his average.  Well in reality - where some of us have to analyze and assess things - he averages 12 and in more than half of the last 14 he has scored less than his average including two games with 2 points, one with 5, two with 6 and one with 7.... In the same 14 games he has had 9 games where he had fewer assists than his average including last night's gem when he had 3. 3 game abberation - NOT.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Last night Rondo played all of 22 minutes so I don't think last nights game is a fair game to cite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Folks, you just gotta learn to ride out the tough times.  Before the trade deadline last year, a bunch of folks wanted Ray Allen traded (not because he was playing poorly but because the team was playing poorly so might as well get rid of Ray and get something for him before he's too old or a FA).  After that, he played great.  Then, folks wanted to break up the team because we went .500 for the rest of the season....so might as well break them up (no heart, they're going no where in the playoffs).  Then, they went to 4 points in Game 7 from a championship and just kicked Cleveland's and Orlando's rears!   

What does it take for some fans to ride it out with the team and realize that they are going to have bad times?   Yes, Rondo's not playing well.  But trade him because he has weaknesses?   If everytime the Sox didn't play well or the Patriots didn't play well - do you trade your players or try to see if its just a bad game?  

Come on Boston fans - stop giving Bibby ammunition about how fickle this town can be.  Criticize Rondo (and anyone else), but realize that he's an important part of our championship run and like Paul's 2 weeks in Feb where he had 1 for 10 against Miami or Ray's period of shooting woes or KG's times of struggle or when BBD couldn't hit a shot for about 2 weeks - it happens.   That doesn't mean you trade them away!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Funny how the youth excuse is being handled in a strange manner concerning Rondo.
    -1) 'He's young and still has a lot of room for improvement.' But he's 25, his personality is (as good as) shaped and is there really hope for an upside in his game? Instead of proclaiming himself as the best PG shouldn't he have gone to work on his game after the world cup debacle?
    -2) 'He's logging to many minutes.' Again he's 25! How many minutes is Lebron averaging? Or Rose, Howard,... They don't seem desinterested. They can carry their team.
    Most of you seem overly confident he'll raise his game for the playoffs. I hope so. But same chance he gets eaten alive by Rose (who's 22!) for example.

The Big 3 should get in his face and straighten him out, especially KG who has a close relationship with him.
    But I'm afraid Danny,Doc and the other players don't really know ho to handle him. He's an enigma. Capable of great things and the opposite.

I believe this year is our best chance to win it all. I hope Rondo does too, after the Big 3 fade away I don't see Rondo leading us (to great things anyway).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Jay,

Chris Paul is leading Rondo in steals.  Also has a better assist to turnover ratio.  And scores about 6 per game more while shooting 41% from 3pt.  He is always guarded and is not a liability late in the game(free throw shooting).

I don't have a problem with Rondo, but if we can do better...whatever makes the team better.

PA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well, I dont see it like that.  I see a team that has outmatched all or most of their opponents to finals appearance in 2 of the last 3 years.  You see a guy averaging more points with a better ratio and chose to bring up 3 pt shooting, (which Rondo rarely does), but didnt factor in FG shooting, which Rondo has a pretty good percentage.  So I see you only list what supports your argument.  Thats fine, but you could show me stats for days, but it wouldnt change my opinion.  Paul is a punk, I dont like him, and would hate for us to bring him here.  YOu guys talk about him being young, etc...   Do you see Paul going all out, running the floor all game?  Excatly, thats why he is not worn down like Rondo. he doesnt do as much.  Like I said, Im all set with him strutting up the court half speed like some sort of expensive Bentley.  I'd rather have a Porshe, that you may need to tune up more often.  We dont need someone to look good, we need a WINNER, and Rondo is that, no?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I've seen this before. Look out for Rondo getting a triple double within the week.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Next out the door----Rondo:
    Ever since his buddy Perk was traded Rondo has been in a funk. The effort has just not been there, and coupled with his moodiness and at times disdain for the team, makes me believe that his days as a Celtic are limited.  Given their floor leadership and superior shooting (especially from the line), I see Arroyo/West getting more of his minutes in the playoffs. After the Cs hang banner #18, I believe Danny will look to trade this player with limited skills and unlimited ego (similar to Perk). Hopefully, he can find a team similar to the Thunder who are willing to throw good sense aside to fill some perceived need.
    Posted by henryfinkel
    i hate to agree with you on this for i like rondo.. but from listening carefully to both doc and ainge in the past, sounds a lot like belichick with brandon meriweather. they love the freakish talent but at some point, the bottom line question must be asked "r u better off without this guy and can can u win without him?" more and more, the answer to me is YES! 

rr routinely does the extraordinary but he increasingly stinks at the average and fundamentals. if we re-signed arroyo and west and paired them with a bradley, i believe we would not have such a massive drop at the position. avery is a BETTER defender right now then rondo ever has been! avery is as quick. yep, his passing and handling skills are nowhere near rr's, but rr has been turning it over at an extraordinary rate lately. bottom line, with those 3 guys, plus with proper drafting, we could be just as good. as it is now, everytime rr comes out of the game we play better as a team and the defense takes off! doc aNd ainge will keep perkinizing rondo in order to trade him but there's little doubt to me that he could be traded at some point (likely around 2012 or 2013 for kg's replacement)! without the talent he has now, rondo could go down as one of those "whatever to.." players once he gets exposed as he was with the olympic team! 

Sections
Shortcuts