Next Up - New York!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Next Up - New York!!

Can we play another great defensive game?  We usually play well at the Garden.  If we don't stick with the 3pt shooters its going to be a long game.  Kidd if basically only a 3pt shooter now.  Stay on him.  Same mr double check.  If we leave him alone  someone needs fined.  

Bring it on,  lets do it.

Win this game and our guys will have a brand new mindset.

Let Melo get his and stop the others.

Suffocating defense again??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Next Up - New York!!

Melo going to get his as we do not have anyone to stop him.  Shut everyone else down.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo going to get his as we do not have anyone to stop him.  Shut everyone else down.

[/QUOTE]

If Green had some fire in his belly, he's the only one with enough atletic ability and size to at least make Carmelo work hard for shots.   Let's see if Doc tries it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green is due for a good game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are back.

I doubt if New York is ready for us.

[/QUOTE]
    Not sure that I agree with you.  NY is a very good team this year and I expect it to be a very competitive game.  Even though, the Celtics have been playing better, I am still not sure that they will win on Monday.  It should be a very interesting game and I look forward to watching it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Knicks are still trying to figure out how to play Amare and Chandler together. This will likely result in a few turnovers / bad shots Monday night. 

On the Cs side of the ball, CW will definately be missed! Other than KG, we do not match up well against their bigs! 

With that stated, I like our chances in this game! In my opinion, the Cs defensive intensity will be the deciding factor! Go C's!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I agree. It will be a very competitive game.

But we are a different team now. And we will be even better when Wilcox and Melo come back.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that PP had to call out his teammates to stop bickering among themselves and getting mad at Doc Rivers for telling them what was wrong during the Atlanta game shows the lack of team chemistry and respect for the coach. http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/01/paul_pierce_sets_teammates_straight   The Celtics are still very much a dysfunctional team, and this problem does not simply go away by playing a better second half in Atlanta.  IMO, Danny Ainge should consider hiring a sports psychologist or motivational coach for the team. The players have the talent on paper but most are not executing to their potential.  Celtics players also need to consistently place team above themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But we are a different team now. And we will be even better when Wilcox and Melo come back.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that PP had to call out his teammates to stop bickering among themselves and getting mad at Doc Rivers for telling them what was wrong during the Atlanta game shows the lack of team chemistry and respect for the coach. http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/01/paul_pierce_sets_teammates_straight   The Celtics are still very much a dysfunctional team, and this problem does not simply go away by playing a better second half in Atlanta.  IMO, Danny Ainge should consider hiring a sports psychologist or motivational coach for the team. The players have the talent on paper but most are not executing to their potential.  Celtics players also need to consistently place team above themselves.

[/QUOTE]

I hear your concern, but I also see it as a good thing, especially for this team at this moment.  I'm sure most teams in the league bicker back and forth a lot more than we know.  This Celtic team has done it more than others over the last handful of years.  But it speaks to their comfort level and ability to say anything to eachother.  They have always aired it out with eachother because they are a close team.  They don't go to the media trying to play mind games with eacother like Kobe has to, and it's a strength they have over a lot of other teams.  

This year they have some new guys, some rookies, and it'll take a minute for them to find their specific 2012-2013 identity.  Doc can't babysit them.  Pierce said the right thing at the right time and then went out and backked it up, and the team responded in kind.  At this moment, I'll take anything that trends positve from this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Next Up - Neiw York!!

Well it played out as I had hoped.  Another pretty good defensive effort.  It is getting more and more apparent that Sully being physical and AB being phsyical has changed the mindset of this team.  Are we a finished product?  No,  but we are heading in the right direction.  Winning breeds a lot of positives.  They are probably beginning to believe in themselves.

This team looks far from dysfunctional to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We are back.

I doubt if New York is ready for us.

[/QUOTE]
    Not sure that I agree with you.  NY is a very good team this year and I expect it to be a very competitive game.  Even though, the Celtics have been playing better, I am still not sure that they will win on Monday.  It should be a very interesting game and I look forward to watching it. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melo hasn't ever been here so I don't think he is coming back.  I doubt he will see any time this year.  I hope I am wrong but it would surprise me.  I am pretty sure he could match Collins stats.  Of course you notice that Collins minutes are getting lower and lower.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well it played out as I had hoped.  Another pretty good defensive effort.  It is getting more and more apparent that Sully being physical and AB being phsyical has changed the mindset of this team.  Are we a finished product?  No,  but we are heading in the right direction.  Winning breeds a lot of positives.  They are probably beginning to believe in themselves.

This team looks far from dysfunctional to me.

[/QUOTE]
    The Celtics are definitely improving every game and it was nice to see them win.  I am thankful that I was wrong in my prediction that they would lose.