Next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Next year?

Provided there isn't a lockout...

-Will Doc be back?
    -Does DA have any wiggle room?
    -Who will be our centers?
    -Should they do a sign and trade with J. Green?
    -Are we better or worse off than the Lakers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Next year?

Doc is gone, KG and Shaq might retire. Allen might opt out (Chicago) and Baby will get his payday somewhere outside Boston. 
    Danny wil rebuild but not from scratch. Pierce, Green and most likely Rondo will remain. West too, JON don't know.
    I believe we'll still be in the hunt for a playoff berth but no longer a contender.
    Management won't let us hit rockbottom again.
    Draft we'll be important, 2012 is a big free agent summer (Kevin Love?).
    But we'll have to see how it plays out.

Hate to say it but the Lakers have important pieces they can use. Gasol, Odom, Bynum. They need a PG, maybe they go after Paul or Howard. I feel those guys are too hard to get for us. Howard fancies LA.
    They will be a contender next season. Not the favorites but still. Who knows if they didn't run into the Mavs, perhaps they would have reached the finals once again.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This is WAY out there, but think of this -
    KG plays one more year, then we use that spot on Howard.

I know it won't happen, but I didn't think we'd lose to the Heat, either!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Doc is gone after this season.

I also believe Ray will definitely be gone by the trade deadline.  His $10mil next season will be very attractive to a contender and we could get something for him.  Honestly, I could seriously see the Celtics trading KG by the trade deadline too but KG will not retire with $21 million on the table.

If anything, the Celtics would buy him out but I just don't see him leaving the game right now.

With those salaries coming off the books after next season, we will be in a prime position to bring in a high profile free agent.  We have to make the qualifying offer to Jeff Green this offseason and match whatever offer he gets.  I think Baby has been humbled and his value has dropped and will probably resign with the Celtics.  Same for Delonte.

I think a big question will be Rondo.  Once Ray and KG leave and the Celtics have some room to maneuver, I really think Rondo may be shopped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Next year?:

you're MUCH better off than the lakers; your coach would NEVER allow your players to pull a dirty bynum on jj barea; or odom's dirty frustrated foul... you will lose with a lot more grace and dignity than them; yes; i said lose; not because i'm arrogant, but because, historically; you're in a pretty pickle.. numbers don't lie.... down 3-1 on the road 2 of the next 3... that's all i'm saying.... you guys had a good run; for what it's worth... i think you would've beat LA had perkins not been injured in that game 7... but that was then; this is now

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Everything now points to Howard going to LA.......they will pay him whatever it takes (ala the Yankees).....LA is a marquis franchise (as is Boston)....and LA offers beautiful weather during the season (Boston does not) and LA offers Hollywood and the stars at courtside (again, Boston does not...)...that said, it will probably take Bynum and Odom to get him....Kobe is nearing the end....if they sign him there is no premier PG going to LA.....and finally, as much as I love Dwight....how many titles has he led the Magic to.....?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rondo, West, Green and Pierce are the only players I see being around. It's a possibility that JO stays, but its hard to tell if he's got the desire for another year. Let baby go or work a sign and trade of some sort. He's really shown a lack of maturity, which is strange after the regular season he had. Prepare for the big FA class in 2012 and make smart picks in the next two drafts.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celtics need to find a point like West , who has a shot that will be respected and let him run the team with the threat of a good mid range to three point range shot.   He does not need to score a lot but he needs the threat of the shot in order to keep the passing and driving lanes open.  I doubt any team will be interested in Rondo and his 55 million contract, he would be an expensive back up point but that is what he is.  Ray should be moved to sixth man and Green  or a player similar should start.  A good young agressive shot blocker and rebounder should be found for the center.  West, Paul, KG, Green, and a athletic rebounding shot blocker and this team will have another shot.  If Doc stays I am sure that Davis is gone. With three young players and KG and Paul starting, plus Ray comming off the bench and we are loaded again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Shake it down...  Keep double PP and cut the rest down.  Turn the page. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Baby for Blatche!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Glen Davis will be cheaper considering how badly he's played this year, so keep him for decent money.

Jeff Green is the new Al Jefferson: a talent that hopefully someone will want in a trade

Honestly, I'd try to package Rondo and someone else for Chris Paul... just sayin'

Try to sign Shane Battier for the mid-level exception!  They need a defensive stopper since they let Tony Allen walk away without Godfather offering him $4-5mil a year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Next year?:
    [QUOTE]Provided there isn't a lockout... -Will Doc be back? -Does DA have any wiggle room? -Who will be our centers? -Should they do a sign and trade with J. Green? -Are we better or worse off than the Lakers?
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Nothing can be decided until the new CBA is in place.  Their may not even be a season next year and their could be  a much lower salary cap. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

This team will be back next year, and in full. Green will stay and his role will change to starter type minutes. Rondo will be Rondo. KG will move to center. 

Line up, Paul, Ray, KG, Green, and Rondo. Hope most of the bench is back.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

Sign Beasley?

Sign Micheal Beasley!!! Pair him with KG!! Trade Pierce,swallow some of his salary and add youth. Ray,KG,Beasley,Rondo,Green.      

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Everything now points to Howard going to LA.......they will pay him whatever it takes (ala the Yankees).....LA is a marquis franchise (as is Boston)....and LA offers beautiful weather during the season (Boston does not) and LA offers Hollywood and the stars at courtside (again, Boston does not...)...that said, it will probably take Bynum and Odom to get him....Kobe is nearing the end....if they sign him there is no premier PG going to LA.....and finally, as much as I love Dwight....how many titles has he led the Magic to.....?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Howard is not going to LA, do not believe what you read. Lakers are going to be at 88.5 million next year, without re-signing Brown, or Barnes. Gasol is owed over 70 million the next 4 years, Odom 16 million next 2 years, and Bynum 30 million next two years. With the salary cap going to be lower, its not going to work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

Ok Mployee8. Thats understandable. We are basically playing without a center right now. So do you think Beasley would be a good fit? He would add much needed height and can shoot?      

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next year? : you're MUCH better off than the lakers; your coach would NEVER allow your players to pull a dirty bynum on jj barea; or odom's dirty frustrated foul... you will lose with a lot more grace and dignity than them; yes; i said lose; not because i'm arrogant, but because, historically; you're in a pretty pickle.. numbers don't lie.... down 3-1 on the road 2 of the next 3... that's all i'm saying.... you guys had a good run; for what it's worth... i think you would've beat LA had perkins not been injured in that game 7... but that was then; this is now
    Posted by Miami-heat-fan[/QUOTE]

normally i would tella heat or lakers fan to gtfo. but to you sir [fist pump]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

KG is toast. He can muster up a great game like Miami game 3, but then he seems to need a week or more to enable his legs to move again and mix it up inside.  He couldn't get any lift off the floor in game 4 and quite frankly, his play (or lack thereof)  was the reason we lost the game, the playoff series and ultimately the championship.  He time has come.  Next year he will be even more immobile and will cost us more games.  We're not goin to be a threat for a championship until we move on to a more athletic PF. 

and mark my words...Rondo will drive Celtics nation absolutely crazy next year.  Without Ray and/or KG and/or Pierce on the team or even with them with another year of age, Rondo's contribution will deteriorate and his lack of skills will become more exposed.

We are probably positioning big moves and changes for the year after next, with contracts and cap room, but I'm afraid if we want to improve next year, this team, not the Lakers, needs to be blown up.  Of the starting 5,  we would keep only Pierce (because he can still contribute and he is the franchise), and all the reserves are dispensible...including West, Green, JO and Baby.       

25. This post has been removed.