nice prediction re: perk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

nice prediction re: perk

i can only hope the rest of it is right!

http://www.bostoncelticsreport.com/2011/02/boston-celtics-danny-ainge-should-look-to-dwight-howard-in-2012.html/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: nice prediction re: perk

In Response to nice prediction re: perk:

This will never happen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to nice prediction re: perk:

We can only hope he likes playing for Doc, and with PP, Green and Rondo.......certainly better than ORL, and he really can't go to LA as long as they have Bynum.  You guys are starting to convince me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

howard or no howard, there are a lot of other free agents in 2011 and 2012, big men included. and if orlando ships howard to LA, that's not bad either. at least he won't be in the east anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Is this rumor the prozac you're prescribing to us after yesterdays trade?
    I'll believe it when I see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

By trading Perk the Celts already made the first step in recruiting Dwight Howard.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    It is only a good idea if we win a championship this year and next.  I believe the moves were exciting, but it was done at a date so late that the team may not gel before the year is over.  How you would you feel if this prevents us from winning a title.  It will really bother me.

Jeff Green has not blown me away in games I have seen.  And Troy Murphy puts up double doubles on horrible teams.  Hopefully Danny knows these guys are just waiting to do it on the big stage.  I am not so sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: nice prediction re: perk:
    P34, It is only a good idea if we win a championship this year and next.  I believe the moves were exciting, but it was done at a date so late that the team may not gel before the year is over.  How you would you feel if this prevents us from winning a title.  It will really bother me. Jeff Green has not blown me away in games I have seen.  And Troy Murphy puts up double doubles on horrible teams.  Hopefully Danny knows these guys are just waiting to do it on the big stage.  I am not so sure.
    Posted by concord27

Remember back in 2001 when the Sixers were criticized for trading Theo Ratliff for Mutombo at the trade deadline? The Sixers got a lot of heat for doing that but in the end they still made it to the Finals. 

If Perkins does not usually play in the last 5 mins. of a game then I don't it will hurt our chances of winning a championship. After all, championships are won in the last 5 minutes with clutch shooting and making FTs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Does Rob Nelson get paid to write that or is that blog his business? b/c I am in the wrong field if people get paid to write worse and with less stats and info then I put into this forum for fun...

anyhow, clearly Howard is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and we'll need tp clear space and have Rondo-Green and Pierce recruit him hard...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: nice prediction re: perk : Remember back in 2001 when the Sixers were criticized for trading Theo Ratliff for Mutombo at the trade deadline? The Sixers got a lot of heat for doing that but in the end they still made it to the Finals.  If Perkins does not usually play in the last 5 mins. of a game then I don't it will hurt our chances of winning a championship. After all, championships are won in the last 5 minutes with clutch shooting and making FTs.
    Posted by P34

They likely make the finals w/ Ratcliff as well that year, really weak east, and they traded a young big for an old one. It is not like trading big for small with similar aged players

I'd say it is more like trading Otis Thorpe for Cylde Drexler and the then Rockets winning it all in '95

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Does Rob Nelson get paid to write that or is that blog his business? b/c I am in the wrong field if people get paid to write worse and with less stats and info then I put into this forum for fun... anyhow, clearly Howard is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and we'll need tp clear space and have Rondo-Green and Pierce recruit him hard...
    Posted by rameakap

Don't forget KG and Ray could still sign for the vet's minimum. I will not be surprised if KG and Ray play 1 or 2 more seasons for the Cs after 2012.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ray could play 3 more years!

KG, yeah maybe 1-2

I say if the new CBA keeps the MLE as part of its package Ray/KG split it after we ink howard and have a 'wink-wink' with him knowing this

Their are only 2 obstacles I see to this..... a Bynum and picks trade from Lakers or a 'franchise' tag Orlando can use as part of new CBA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: nice prediction re: perk : Don't forget KG and Ray could still sign for the vet's minimum. I will not be surprised if KG and Ray play 1 or 2 more seasons for the Cs after 2012.
    Posted by P34

I wouldn't be surprised either. But do you think they'll sign for the vet's min?

Sections
Shortcuts