Nice Work Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Nice Work Danny

So this is the team that didnt need to make a trade? Danny screwed up bit time. Danny boy should of had lowered his demands and traded the big 3 and get the best value possible. This team isnt going anywhere. You all know it. Dont want to hear it at all. Players will leave and this team got nothing in return. THANKS. So the Celtics will have a bunch of money to spend on NO NAME players next season. Nice work Danny. I do thank you for banner 17. I really do. You just waited to long to get rid of these players.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Nice Work Danny

To be fair, I don't think the problem was this trade window as I can't imagine anyone offering anything remotely attractive for the assorted crap we have on our roster now.  Danny waited a bit too long, with his faith in the big 3, and made some risky moves that, unfortunately, did not pan out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The more this season plays out, the more I believe the era of the Big 3 is coming to an end.  I think there is something to Jackie MacMullan's report suggesting Ray will be gone after this season.  That might be the first shoe to drop.  KG would be the other.

I really don't think Ray and KG are happy in their roles with the Celtics.  They have a moody PG who should be so much better in his abilities and more consistent in his play and I'm sure it takes a toll on them as consummate professionals.  They are not getting management's support by acquiring the necessary pieces around them to be a much better team.  And I'm sure they cannot be too happy with the minutes they're forced to play when every year there is this push to reduce their minutes.

They have a coach that they respect and will go to war for who promises better management of their minutes but just doesn't follow through to allow these guys to get the necessary rest to maximize their abilities.  Although he'd never admit it, I would bet that KG is not happy having to play the post, all while there is no real urgency to bring in some bigs.  KG is best when there is a banger in the post, a center who plays good defense and can rebound some.  KG isn't at his best playing the center position.

I think both Ray and KG are probably tired of all of the annual drama.  Also they probably don't see the personnel that will bring another championship there and may be looking to move on to a contender next season.  They know they aren't the Ray and KG of 2008 and aren't surrounded by any Poseys or Houses or Cassells or Browns or Perks capable of contributing to win a ring.

I think they realize that window has closed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny:
    The more this season plays out, the more I believe the era of the Big 3 is coming to an end.  I think there is something to Jackie MacMullan's report suggesting Ray will be gone after this season.  That might be the first shoe to drop.  KG would be the other. I really don't think Ray and KG are happy in their roles with the Celtics.  They have a moody PG who should be so much better in his abilities and more consistent in his play and I'm sure it takes a toll on them as consummate professionals.  They are not getting management's support by acquiring the necessary pieces around them to be a much better team.  And I'm sure they cannot be too happy with the minutes they're forced to play when every year there is this push to reduce their minutes. They have a coach that they respect and will go to war for who promises better management of their minutes but just doesn't follow through to allow these guys to get the necessary rest to maximize their abilities.  Although he'd never admit it, I would bet that KG is not happy having to play the post, all while there is no real urgency to bring in some bigs.  KG is best when there is a banger in the post, a center who plays good defense and can rebound some.  KG isn't at his best playing the center position. I think both Ray and KG are probably tired of all of the annual drama.  Also they probably don't see the personnel that will bring another championship there and may be looking to move on to a contender next season.  They know they aren't the Ray and KG of 2008 and aren't surrounded by any Poseys or Houses or Cassells or Browns or Perks capable of contributing to win a ring. I think they realize that window has closed.
    Posted by Petey62

Pete,
    You are know basketball.  Have you seen Ray out there?  Does he look like he can contribute anything other than a three pointer when wide open form picks and screens?  Last night Ray looked like he was finished. He will play better in spots but this idea that he will leave is silly let him go.  He can't play more than a few plays without being exploited.  The question is why Danny held onto him. He is so exploited on the defensive end no matter what he does with threes is worth it anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pete The window closed in 2010. Us fans just refused to believe it.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The window didn't close until we were cruising along with probably the best team in the league last year and DA trades Perkins, and Shaq goes down.  That is when the window closed because until that point I believe we were the best team in basketball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : Pete, You are know basketball.  Have you seen Ray out there?  Does he look like he can contribute anything other than a three pointer when wide open form picks and screens?  Last night Ray looked like he was finished. He will play better in spots but this idea that he will leave is silly let him go.  He can't play more than a few plays without being exploited.  The question is why Danny held onto him. He is so exploited on the defensive end no matter what he does with threes is worth it anymore.
    Posted by concord27

RA can contribute but not consistently in the role that Doc has him in.  Like you said, RA should be playing in "spots".  RA can be a great contributor coming off the bench playing 20-25 minutes a game.  He'd provide so much energy and would probably be more effective not having to carry the burden that he carrries now.

KG and RA are such competitors and consummate professionals.  Both would be such great complimentary veteran backup players who are still capable of contributing significantly.

The only problem is that Doc doesn't have the heart to make them backups.  What sense would it make to let RA go to Chicago or Miami next season to be a backup 3-point assassin when he could assume that role right here in Boston?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

RA is a long way from done, if used correctly, 20 to 25 minutes per game, and in the right spots,but what is Ray still doing on the Celtics, Danny should have traded him for a guy like Beasley or a mid 1st round pick. Ray cannot help the C's any more. Danny had to know this, what a huge mistake! After this year is over he will walk, and we get nothing!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : That's not true. Remember, no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game. Last year the Celts were just averaging 38.8 rpg even with Shaq, JO, and Perk. In the playoffs, against the Heat, same story, we got killed on the boards by Joel Anthony.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes that is true.  We had the second best record in the league when that stuff transpired.  I don't want to hear that crap about rebounds. FACT we were arguably the best team in basketball at THAT  time.  No numbers you can throw out there can change it. We weren't talking about rebounding anyway we were talking about the end of the Big Three run.
    So go ahead and tell me we weren't one of the top 2 teams last year before Shaq went down and Perk got traded.  I am waiting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

RA is a long way from done, if used correctly, 20 to 25 minutes per game, and in the right spots,but what is Ray still doing on the Celtics, Danny should have traded him for a guy like Beasley or a mid 1st round pick. Ray cannot help the C's any more. Danny had to know this, what a huge mistake! After this year is over he will walk, and we get nothing!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

I am afraid you are right.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : Last season all the teams with the best record lost in the playoffs. The #1 Spurs lost to the #8 Grizz. The #1 Bulls lost to the #2 Heat. And the champion was just a #3 seed. And you're arguing with history when I say no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game in the regular season. It has never been done.
    Posted by Fiercest34

your so ridiculous..he was making a valid point..we WERE the best team in basketball and were headed for a DEEP playoff run..your rebound stats obsession is sad. 

idc how many rebounds we averaged, we were on our way to do great things in the playoffs, and danny made a horrible decision. period.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Woulda, shouda, coulda Just two thing would have made a big difference - jettisoned Rondo and Allen Now its too late. - traded long ago for a consistent, emotionally stable PG, with better shooting skills. - traded Allen this month for a high first round pick (and leverage our 20 something pick and Rondo in another trade to get a starting big.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Again the Perk bull!  This year he is shooting the worst % of his career, and getting 4 Pts. a game.  He has (1) Double/Double.

Paul Pierce is shooting his lowest % since 2003 and doesn't even bother to try to rebound  --  3 a game for the last 19 games.  Can't even spell Block Out.

Think any Free Agents want to come to Boston? 

Reality is Ugly!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The more this season plays out, the more I believe the era of the Big 3 is coming to an end.  I think there is something to Jackie MacMullan's report suggesting Ray will be gone after this season.  That might be the first shoe to drop.  KG would be the other. I really don't think Ray and KG are happy in their roles with the Celtics.  They have a moody PG who should be so much better in his abilities and more consistent in his play and I'm sure it takes a toll on them as consummate professionals.  They are not getting management's support by acquiring the necessary pieces around them to be a much better team.  And I'm sure they cannot be too happy with the minutes they're forced to play when every year there is this push to reduce their minutes. They have a coach that they respect and will go to war for who promises better management of their minutes but just doesn't follow through to allow these guys to get the necessary rest to maximize their abilities.  Although he'd never admit it, I would bet that KG is not happy having to play the post, all while there is no real urgency to bring in some bigs.  KG is best when there is a banger in the post, a center who plays good defense and can rebound some.  KG isn't at his best playing the center position. I think both Ray and KG are probably tired of all of the annual drama.  Also they probably don't see the personnel that will bring another championship there and may be looking to move on to a contender next season.  They know they aren't the Ray and KG of 2008 and aren't surrounded by any Poseys or Houses or Cassells or Browns or Perks capable of contributing to win a ring. I think they realize that window has closed.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey, this has nothing to do with how they feel about their roles. Ray Allen has lost his fire for the game and aside from still being able to shoot in streaks, his defense is nearly non-existant. Good D takes internal fire. KG is still very, very good, but has not been the same dominant force since the knee injury. Danny could never move any of these guys without taking on salary/contracts that would hamstring this coming year's rebuild. For many reasons, DANNY DID THE RIGHT THING! This strategy is the best one. With no chance to win this year, any knee jerk move would've wasted resouces for next season. DANNY's discipline was superb in staying the course to true, long term success.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Woulda, shouda, coulda Just two thing would have made a big difference - jettisoned Rondo and Allen Now its too late. - traded long ago for a consistent, emotionally stable PG, with better shooting skills. - traded Allen this month for a high first round pick (and leverage our 20 something pick and Rondo in another trade to get a starting big.
    Posted by elDunker2

ok Eldunker, 

1. what team is gunna give up a high first round pick for a 37? year old sg that doesnt play defense? please tell me a team that is going to do that. 

2. tell me what pg we could have traded for that is better than Rondo, that helps us in the future?

im tired of the fans acting like its as easy in the real world to trade guys as it is in nba 2k12. most of them dont even know what they are talking about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : Petey, this has nothing to do with how they feel about their roles. Ray Allen has lost his fire for the game and aside from still being able to shoot in streaks, his defense is nearly non-existant. Good D takes internal fire. KG is still very, very good, but has not been the same dominant force since the knee injury. Danny could never move any of these guys without taking on salary/contracts that would hamstring this coming year's rebuild. For many reasons, DANNY DID THE RIGHT THING! This strategy is the best one. With no chance to win this year, any knee jerk move would've wasted resouces for next season. DANNY's discipline was superb in staying the course to true, long term success.
    Posted by RallyC

!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : Petey, this has nothing to do with how they feel about their roles. Ray Allen has lost his fire for the game and aside from still being able to shoot in streaks, his defense is nearly non-existant. Good D takes internal fire. KG is still very, very good, but has not been the same dominant force since the knee injury. Danny could never move any of these guys without taking on salary/contracts that would hamstring this coming year's rebuild. For many reasons, DANNY DID THE RIGHT THING! This strategy is the best one. With no chance to win this year, any knee jerk move would've wasted resouces for next season. DANNY's discipline was superb in staying the course to true, long term success.
    Posted by RallyC

RallyC, I won't argue that Ray seems to have lost something (you see it as his fire).  Maybe it's not his role but it's being fed up with the Celtics and what he's asked to do (just my opinion).  Ray knows he's not a 35 min per game, 19 points per game player anymore yet he's being played like he is.  Honestly, Doc is asking from Ray today what he's asked of Ray in years 1 and 2 of the Big 3.  He's averaging only 2 minutes less per game yet his productions is a fraction of what it was then, offensively and defensively.

Maybe you're right and Ray was in Miami or LA and came off the bench for 20-25 minutes per game and contending for a championship, maybe he would have that fire.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Posted by KyCelt2

KyC, be honest with yourself. RA is not even close to the RA we had last year. His harsh decline has much to do with the C's rapid fall. I love RA, but he's done. I hate to say it, but his days as the last shot assasin is pretty much over. Him leaving vs. us trading him away gives us valuable flexiblity with increased financial resources, and that is more important in rebuilding than any forced "asset" we might have gotten for him. And, it also gives the man an opportunity to leave on his own accord.......ask Derek Fisher which way he'd have rather left given the choice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : KyC, be honest with yourself. RA is not even close to the RA we had last year. His harsh decline has much to do with the C's rapid fall. I love RA, but he's done. I hate to say it, but his days as the last shot assasin is pretty much over. Him leaving vs. us trading him away gives us valuable flexiblity with increased financial resources, and that is more important in rebuilding than any forced "asset" we might have gotten for him. And, it also gives the man an opportunity to leave on his own accord.......ask Derek Fisher which way he'd have rather left given the choice.
    Posted by RallyC

Exactly, Kupchak knows when to cut loose someone in a key position for the better of the team(i.e. Sessions upgrade).  Now Danny boy, he likes to hang on until they are carted out on stretcher or he does his part by throwing up a towel underneath the basket trying to make players miss shots.  Perfect example is JON when DA signed him knowing full well that he played like crap in the play off series the year before against the C's.  Not to forget the fact that DA knew JON had busted up knees among other problems and still signed him to the C's mid level exeption!  Then DA signed a broken down old fat Shaq knowing full well he won't hold up through a full season of ball.  M Daniels had serious problems with his neck last year and had to have surgery, yet DA signed him again this year to vet's minimum!   Now there is all this talk about Green and now Wilcox that DA is going to resign them after they have some type of heart surgery.  Seriously, why would DA trade Perkins away when the C's were firing on all cylinders with nearly the best record in the league! DA traded away Perkins and the C's slid so fast it nearly made your Celtics fans eye spin.   I hear all this talk about money, but think of all the lost money in the above moves.  Hope DA hired a draft consultant because he can not afford to mess this draft up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : KyC, be honest with yourself. RA is not even close to the RA we had last year. His harsh decline has much to do with the C's rapid fall. I love RA, but he's done. I hate to say it, but his days as the last shot assasin is pretty much over. Him leaving vs. us trading him away gives us valuable flexiblity with increased financial resources, and that is more important in rebuilding than any forced "asset" we might have gotten for him. And, it also gives the man an opportunity to leave on his own accord.......ask Derek Fisher which way he'd have rather left given the choice.
    Posted by RallyC

He should be 6th man next year - great role for him, ala Dale Ellis and Robert Horry.......hope it's with us!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Any team would take Ray Allen and enough about the lack of moves. I would of likes to see a move but we don't know what was out there for us. I'm ok with not giving Ray away

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Work Danny : He should be 6th man next year - great role for him, ala Dale Ellis and Robert Horry.......hope it's with us!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Absolutely!!! I'd love to see him back in a role getting 15-20-mins a game. He could thrive in that. Hoping he is willing to take the cut and contribute. Like I said, and I'm sure everybody else agrees....We all love Ray Ray.

Sections
Shortcuts