No big man

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: No big man

Do you think that Greg Oden is worth a try if we can get him ???

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Danny already spoke with him and didn't talk as though Oden was ready for the remainder of the season. Rumors had him going to Miami but they passed for some reason and now the latest talk has been Cleveland and nothing's happened yet there either. Could be that he's just not physically ready.

Maybe Danny has something in mind, someone who is being released that no one knows about.  Giving up Collins only makes sense if he has a plan like this.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Danny already spoke with him and didn't talk as though Oden was ready for the remainder of the season. Rumors had him going to Miami but they passed for some reason and now the latest talk has been Cleveland and nothing's happened yet there either. Could be that he's just not physically ready.

Maybe Danny has something in mind, someone who is being released that no one knows about.  Giving up Collins only makes sense if he has a plan like this.  

I think they increase KGs minutes to 35-per game! He has hinted about retirement more than once this season! Why hold back! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

LOOKY!!  copied and pasted this out of a lengthly yahoo sports nba trade deadline article....

========

The Minnesota Timberwolves were turned down on an offer of Brandon Roy and a first-round pick to Denver for center Timofey Mozgov, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Denver is combing the market further for offers on Mozgov. He will be a restricted free agent this summer, and the emergence of Kosta Koufos could make it hard for Denver to match an offer sheet for Mozgov

========

so minny offers up a dead body and a stale sandwich for mozgov.  get turned down.  i know we don't have a lot more than that, but surely we can nab this big man, hmm?  denver is aching to get rid of him.  he's 7 feet, underrated, adequately skilled and has NO TOUCHES COUNT NEED- give him the ball or not.  but his hands are not that bad that you'd starve him. 

it's another guy who KG could get 3 assists a game dishing to for easy dunks.  bass has flunked out of that position.  if we do NOT get mozgov, what is the possible excuse?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"so minny offers up a dead body and a stale sandwich for mozgov.  get turned down.  i know we don't have a lot more than that, but surely we can nab this big man, hmm?"

Umm they offered up a first round pick as well, which would be considerably better than ours. 

If folks on this board want to hammer Ainge in general for not doing a good job with getting a big, fine. But if you want to hammer him specficially for not getting a big at deadline, that's crazy. There were none to be had. 

Show me a quality big man that was traded. Not one. Unless you consider Redick a big man lol. 

I hear all this talk about how we can't win with a big but the Lakers are the only team in the league that presents a matchup problem for us at the center position, and that guy is a head case. 

Here's a point to ponder: 

THE HEAT DON'T HAVE A BIG

hmm, something to ponder

(wake up Che)

And don't give me Bosh, he is a soft small forward in a big man's body. 

Point is you don't have to have a big to win in today's NBA. 

Listen I'd love to have a talented big man and I'm sure Ainge will look for a Rondo for Howard type trade next season, so we'll see. 

Of course, Ainge may realize it's dumb to trade Rondo when we realize this team isn't nearly as good without Rondo as some folks on this board fantasize about. That will be the big subplot of the next couple months.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Here's a point to ponder: 

hmm, something to ponder

(wake up Che)

And don't give me Bosh, he is a soft small forward in a big man's body. 

Point is you don't have to have a big to win in today's NBA. 

Listen I'd love to have a talented big man and I'm sure Ainge will look for a Rondo for Howard type trade next season, so we'll see. 

Of course, Ainge may realize it's dumb to trade Rondo when we realize this team isn't nearly as good without Rondo as some folks on this board fantasize about. That will be the big subplot of the next couple months.

right, right "the heat don't have a big".  and can we remember all the way back to last year against miami when we had MORE at the 5 position than we do now (read: stiesmsa) and KG gassed out.  he got to be all used up and we promptly lost.  the heat will focus a banger on KG to wear him down.  we need to be able to keep his minutes down and still stay in playoff contention.

really trolly these shouldn't be new concepts to you.  and perhaps you didn't realize it but minny executed a self inflicted gunshot wound to their salary cap of signing roy for NEXT YEAR TOO.  so is that draft pick good enough to have a 5.4 million USD encumberance go along with it?  no. 

i think we had more to offer denver and did not get the job done.  melo is on the skinny side.  wilcox could blow away in a 10 mph gust of wind.  we really needed a big man.  just to have one to shield KG from the bump and grind.  whoops, we had darko and danny watched while doc ran him out of town.

so yeah, i'm down on ainge.  i think he's played GM this year as if he was impersonating a bag of hammers as far as intelligence goes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

A disgrace, just speaks to poor GMship.   A need like that over such a length of time.   We will be a .500 team.

Maybe Ainge should have offered KG and Pierce for Gortat? God why do people act like Danny just refuses to get a big man?

Does it occur to anyone out there that other GMs might ask a high price for a big man? That maybe the suns don't want to give us Gortat for Brandon Bass? 

Suns GM: Hello?

Danny: We have Brandon Bass, want him for Gortat?

SUns GM: Uh a near all star center for a n undersized big who can't rebound and whose shooting is down and who tends to dissapear in big games? Uhm no we can do better. 

Danny: okay. 

We just got rid of Collins and have a fragile Wilcox.  It is a need you have to fill. Maybe Danny has a plan and we just don't know about it yet, try to be objective.  You have to bring someone in.

Maybe his plan is Yun Jim Kong (alias)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Melo is a very big man.

We all know as he got a concussion walking through the hotel doorway!  LMAO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I think they increase KGs minutes to 35-per game! He has hinted about retirement more than once this season! Why hold back! 

I have said the same thing in other threads,  maybe not quite that many minutes.  You rest him at ever chance you get.  If we are playing well without him you leave on the bench.  Play a lot of minutes, chuck the 5,5,5 thing.  Give him a game off here and there.  Maybe someone would learn to step up.  Games like the Laker game, the Bobcat game, which were games from a scheduling perspective where not good,   rest him those type games.  Bottom line we need him on the floor more as well as Pierce.  

Go out on the wire and get any big that can block shots and RUN.  Melo can't run.  Maybe he will be able to help some, who knows.  Someone like Chris Johnson type player.  As long as he can dunk and get a few rebounds.

We have to turn up the running game even more if possible.  Push every single time we get the ball, no exceptions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kobeismrnba's comment:

Melo is a very big man.

HEY!!

he is doing very well in the walking AND chewing gum practice right now.........so THERE!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Doc needs to throw Melo in to every game when KG comes out. He needs every minute if he is going to be our only True Center for the playoffs...

wow

I was at the game in LA last night. Melo is awful.  He moves oddly, bent over, and surprisingly slow.

I was shocked since I have been told he is an athlete.  He will not help us.  

You are probably right.  He has to improve to be able to help the Celtics in the future.  He won't be much help this year.  I agree with all of you about not focusing on another big man.   Don't understand why we still haven't signed anyone to backup KG. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Melo is a very big man.

HEY!!

he is doing very well in the walking AND chewing gum practice right now.........so THERE!!

Oh, my bad!  Melo is doing that in all of 3 minutes per game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Melo is a very big man.

HEY!!

Oh, my bad!  Melo is doing that in all of 3 minutesper game.

Itlooks like Danny is going to pick up White. That should help, I hope.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

But the Celts will never win a championship with Brandon Bass as the starting PF, never!

That is why Green has to be starting tomorrow night.  The idea that Doc can keep him out any longer is insane.  I could go further than you, I think if Bass is not on the bench period, we can't be over five hundred.  He may even be better coming off the bench.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

But the Celts will never win a championship with Brandon Bass as the starting PF, never!

That is why Green has to be starting tomorrow night.  The idea that Doc can keep him out any longer is insane.  I could go further than you, I think if Bass is not on the bench period, we can't be over five hundred.  He may even be better coming off the bench.

Should be coming off the bench

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

DA and Doc need to have a clue.  The C's get rid of every big they they trade for or bring in.  Let see....Perk, Steimsma, Kristic, Darko, JO, Shaq (got hurt) Collins and a couple of other part timers. Your going to tell not one of these guys could not play at all.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

DA and Doc need to have a clue.  The C's get rid of every big they they trade for or bring in.  Let see....Perk, Steimsma, Kristic, Darko, JO, Shaq (got hurt) and a couple of other part timers. Your going to tell not one of these guys could not play at all.  

Letting Perk go is only a mistake if uncle Jeff doesn't pan out.

JO is didn't fit in. He didn't want to be a role player.

Steamer and Krstic opted to leave for more money. DA and Doc didn't let them go, they left.

Darko is not a game changer, Wilcox is better. You have to wonder why Darko never really stuck with any team that he has been on.

I just don't know why every big isn't a fit Fierce.  It's odd and now DA doesn't even bother getting a big the C's just sign more guards.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

I just don't know why every big isn't a fit Fierce.  It's odd and now DA doesn't even bother getting a big the C's just sign more guards.

The Celts signed a big, DJ White. I'm just not sure if he can be better than Wilcox.

A big like Perk was the perfect fit. Unfortunately Perk is just not good enough on offense.

Getting bigs like JO or Darko will most likely not fit in because bigs like JO and Darko are bigs that want to score. The big the Celts are looking for are defense first bigs, like Perk but with better offense.

Perk was the perfect fit.  He didn't need to score.  Its rebounding and defense.  DJ White is a forward and not a center type. I guess he's a big but not a Perk type that is going to defend the hoop and play great D.  I feel like DA and Doc under value the big mans roll and they think they can win without one.  This team gets killed bc it can't rebound.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

We are a "better rebounding team" cause we had Sully in stretches and we play faster.