No Homo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: No H0mo

I can't wait until Feb 15th when Adam Silver takes over as Commish. I think we are going to hear stories about Stern and his Godfather like style...from refs speaking out, NBAPA, owners, etc. Hopefully they go back to allowing guys to go straight from HS and allow college guys to go back to college if undrafted.

Sometimes a person can stay on a job too long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: No

isn't the draft thing an NCAA rule?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I can't wait until Feb 15th when Adam Silver takes over as Commish. I think we are going to hear stories about Stern and his Godfather like style...from refs speaking out, NBAPA, owners, etc. Hopefully they go back to allowing guys to go straight from HS and allow college guys to go back to college if undrafted.

Stern was on the job too long after his first week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

isn't the draft thing an NCAA rule?

It's an NBA rule they cant sign with a NBA team unless the meet certain criteria which basically is 1 year of college or play overseas. Which really doesn't benefit anybody other than the NBA by virtually giving them another developmental league. If you can enlist in the military out of high school, you should be able to play basketball wherever you want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: No Home-0

dissapointed in this board.... you're a bunch of ash holes, what are we five? I can't quote something, home-0 is not a fracking slur. goddangit

you better back hetero is you're going to ban the other word

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yep, the draft rule is the NBA's the NBA's only. It's killing college basketball.

I'd love to see the NBA do what MLB does: Come right out of high school or wait three years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I feel that every team should have a D-league team and the draft should go to 3 rounds. This let's teams own the rights of more foreign players, and if they feel they want to spend to develop them in the U.S., they can offer them competitive salaries if drafted in rd's 2 or 3 to spend a year or two on their D-league team (as long as they are 20+ they can make more than rd 1 picks, 20 and younger his chicken scratch, as I'll explain below).

I also feel that anyone whose high school class has already graduated is eligible for the draft.
    However, I feel the NBA should have an age minimum of 20 and you must be two years removed from high school before you play in the big leagues. 18 year olds always seem to need work on fundamental's and while in the D-league will also take life skills courses, like how to manage money and save for retirement. 

So, if you are drafted out of high school you can play in the D-league for 2 years. A new salary scale will be created for those 2 years depending on where the player is drafted. As soon as they hit 20 and enter the league, their rookie salary scale hits.

This will force most players to play in college for 2 years, since the one and done thing is ruining the college game. But some kids simply don't have the grades, or have families in serious poverty, so ages 18-20 they make like 50-100k a year (this goes for foreign players as well, no big D-league cash till age 20). Nothing more than that in the D-league. They can also return to college if they are not picked in the first round of the draft.

This will make the draft INSANELY interesting. You can have a kid who 1-2 years down the road will be a top 5 lotto talent get picked in rd 2 and decide between the D-league and Duke. Haha. If he stays with the d-league a team gets a stud after waiting 2 years.

NBA teams can also let veterans rehab injuries on their D-league squads, like minor league baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts