No Idea what GK is talking about, I have season tickets and expect them not to tank.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

No Idea what GK is talking about, I have season tickets and expect them not to tank.

Do I expect a Champinship this year? No.

Will I be satisfied if they get anywhere between and 7th seed and the lottery? If they play hard and develop talent and it's fun basketball then yes. I will be.

Do I think this team will deliberately tank? No. With Rondo, Bradley, Green and Sullinger this is there chance to prove they can be building blocks. No I expect them to perform and to compete every night.

I expect them to try, and as long as they do that I will be watching and rooting for this team.

As far as my own self is concerned Celtics Pride is alive and well. Besides, the lottery is rigged for us not to get that number one pick so we are better off playing to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: No Idea what GK is talking about, I have season tickets and expect them not to tank.

THE DUKE  .....I agree my friend.....I think they will be entertaining.....if we can develop the young talent then it's all good as far as I'm concerned.....we may end up in the lottery....if so that's ok too....it's all about our future

After Russ & Sam left in '69 it was one down year and then we were competing again.....in the late '70's we had two losing years but in came Max and then Bird and we were players again...it didn't work out so well the third time we began to rebuild but we had two talented kids that both lost their lives....that didn't help things....neither did free agency as Boston is not a destination featuring beautiful weather during the season....I can take another year or two to get back to the level we all have come to expect...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: No Idea what GK is talking about, I have season tickets and expect them not to tank.

I think this team will be much more exciting to watch this season than last year.  

Can Rondo bounce back from injury? Can Bradley regain his outside shot? Is Sully really that rebounding beast?  Can Oly live up to the high expectations? Who is this guy Faverani in the middle?  Will Lee re-emerge under a different coach?

Who knows if Wallace can regain the intensity and consistency that got him on the NBA All Star team in 2010.

or Hump putting up doubles in PPG and RPG.

or Brooks lighting it up from the outside.

If Danny really wanted to "tank", he would have kept Pierce, (Garnett and Terry?) - because none of them wanted to play for the Celtics this year and would have been a pathetic disaster in terms of entertainment and lack of wins, even if they did stay healthy. Garnett probably would have retired, so we're only really talking Pierce making any contribution and he said he had no desire to compete on a rebuild team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

oh god here we go again with this tanking word. is tanking the new word for "bad"? they just lost their core players, you can't replace 2 hall of famers over night, they are rebuilding, jesus christ. they won't be a bad team because the players aren't trying hard enough, they just aren't good enough. but there are some athletic young guys on the roster and games should be entertaining so enjoy your tickets. they will play for themselves and try their best.. and lose lots of games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In the KG era, the Celtics, not surprisingly were first and foremost a defensive team and secondly a team that featred three HOFs who could score. That's all gone. Who can really say what this team will be this year; not me? But I join Dfury and others in this; I will root for them because they are in green! and I may keep an eye on that team in Brooklyn, what are they called again, oh yeah, the Neltics!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree it will be exciting .

Garnett would't have retired and we probably would have ben a 7th or 8th seed.

Ainge didn't see this as progress that's why we have players who have a little chance of making the playoffs and a better chance of winning the lottery.

Call in Tanking or Rebuilding whatever . That's want we are doing and anyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.

BINGO!!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...they will be quite sucatacious no matter how hard they try....but it won't mean they won't try...not at all...

Relax...breath deep....they'll eventually be back into championship contention.....just don't black out from holding your breath because it's going to take 3-5 years...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think this team will be much more exciting to watch this season than last year.  

Can Rondo bounce back from injury? Can Bradley regain his outside shot? Is Sully really that rebounding beast?  Can Oly live up to the high expectations? Who is this guy Faverani in the middle?  Will Lee re-emerge under a different coach?

Who knows if Wallace can regain the intensity and consistency that got him on the NBA All Star team in 2010.

or Hump putting up doubles in PPG and RPG.

or Brooks lighting it up from the outside.

If Danny really wanted to "tank", he would have kept Pierce, (Garnett and Terry?) - because none of them wanted to play for the Celtics this year and would have been a pathetic disaster in terms of entertainment and lack of wins, even if they did stay healthy. Garnett probably would have retired, so we're only really talking Pierce making any contribution and he said he had no desire to compete on a rebuild team.

I agree it will be exciting .

Garnett would't have retired and we probably would have ben a 7th or 8th seed.

Ainge didn't see this as progress that's why we have players who have a little chance of making the playoffs and a better chance of winning the lottery.

Call in Tanking or Rebuilding whatever . That's want we are doing and anyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.

[/QUOTE]

LOL . Fierce's other handle tries to support him and does a crappy job.  

Garnett had no desire to play for the Celtics this year and Pierce would not have competed. that would have been a complete disaster and no way they would be competitive..  

Danny anti-tanked.  Added Wallace, Hump and Brooks, all of which will make a contribution.  Versus Pierce mailing it in and Garnett calling it quits.

Hey Fierce if Darryfries didn't immediately follow your every WRONG post, it would be less obvious LOLOLOLOLOL.   

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts