no kg or PP tomorrow in Miami, is this serious or just rest or what?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: no kg or PP tomorrow in Miami, is this serious or just rest or what?

We know we are in the playoffs and Miami has the # 1 seed in place so I can see why they would rest their stars. Last night w/o LeBron, Wade, Bosh & Haslem they beat the, albeit woeful, Wizards in Washington.

I'm glad PP & KG are not playing in Miami as it'll be good to rest them but also, I hate being the prophet of doom, but it wouldn't be confidence boosting to see the Heat beat us w/o their 3 stars playing...just saying !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think its more about mitigating risk.

If there are no standings implications, wouldn't you rather avoid the possibility of a situation where KG falls and hurts something or PP tweaks his ankle? Also Wade/Bosh likely wont play either maybe not even Lebron. It makes more sense to tell our non-stars to go out there and try to crush the Miami non-stars in preparation for the playoffs, since we absolutely need that as an advantage.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Resting PP and KG is solely about avoiding injuries.  How much more rest does KG need?  He's been out, what, 8 games?  If anything, he needs to play because he looks quite out of sorts.  He needs to get his rhythym back.

If anybody has earned (I mean earned) a game or two off in advance of the playoffs, it's Pierce.

I don't buy the "ankle" injury.  While Pierce missed two games for what was reported as an ankle injury, we all know it was to be there for the birth of his son.  So, then KG misses several games, returns and now we're sitting him again for the ankle - translation "we dont' want KG to get injured so we're going to rest him for another game".

My only issue with it all is that we have not had a good win since March 8 against "full-strength" Atanta.  Although winning against the Jame-less, Wade-less and Bosh-less Heat would not constitute a good win, it would be another opportunity for this group to get some sorely needed chemistry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

StheFU about Kobe... man I will defend him to the death. There are way too many guys out there who are wrongly accused with rape and have to deal with that stigma for the rest of their lives.

I HATE the Lakers, but you cannot ever even debate the beastliness of Kobe's skill. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce and KG have injuries that need to heal.

No sense playing a back to back if you don't have to.

I agree with you.  It is better for them to sit against Miami then for both of them to play back to back games so close to the end of the season.   Even the younger players get rest this time of the year so it is an advantage to rest your veteran players.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If KG and Pierce played and the Heat beat us without their three star players, it would not look good for the C's, not good at all!!  A case of nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Sections
Shortcuts