No Leandro Barbosa Return To Boston......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No Leandro Barbosa Return To Boston......

Another one of the good ones gets away.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136640-leandro-barbosa-to-warriors-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction

I still think Barbosa would have been a huge upgrade over Phil Pressy , Barbosa showed more than flashes in his stint as a Celtic - at times he was pretty awesome. Another one gets away - so he's good enough for Golden State but not good enough for the Celtics ?

Next thing we'll hear Jordan Crawford signing for peanuts with a contender and wonder why he wasn't brought back too....

COME ON DANNY , SNAP OUT OUT OF IT AND SMELL THE COFFEE !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: No Leandro Barbosa Return To Boston......

That's because the Celts are not looking for veteran players that will help them win games this coming season.

The Celts are looking for young players who will help the Celts win games 2-3 years from now.

Guys like Barbosa and Jordan Crawford are not what Ainge is looking for.

Ainge is not the one who should snap out of it.

You need to accept the reality that the Celts are rebuilding from the ground up.

That means no Barbosa or Jordan Crawford.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Jordan crawford is still young and I'd like to have him back. He was fun to watch.

Barbosa makes no sense at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jordan crawford is still young and I'd like to have him back. He was fun to watch.

Barbosa makes no sense at all.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is Jordan Crawford will eat up minutes that should go to Smart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

What the Celts need right now is star players, not role players.

Once the Celts already know who their future star players are, that's the time to go after the likes of Jordan Crawford.

Barbosa is only useful to a contender or a legit playoff team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no Barbosa, no problem. Danny's job is to: play young guys to develop them and their value and, lose games for more lottery picks.  

We don't need mid-level stiffs like Crawford and Barbosa clogging up playing time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I should caviet that I would want Jordan Crawford back IF we didn't have Rondo.  Start Smart, use Crawford as our Microwave.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136640-leandro-barbosa-to-warriors-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136640-leandro-barbosa-to-warriors-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction

I still think Barbosa would have been a huge upgrade over Phil Pressy , Barbosa showed more than flashes in his stint as a Celtic - at times he was pretty awesome. Another one gets away - so he's good enough for Golden State but not good enough for the Celtics ?

Next thing we'll hear Jordan Crawford signing for peanuts with a contender and wonder why he wasn't brought back too....

[/QUOTE]

we need guards like I need crabs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Am so sad this lower sub isn't coming back..  I'll just have to wish for it next year.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136640-leandro-barbosa-to-warriors-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136640-leandro-barbosa-to-warriors-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction

[/QUOTE]

I was a Barbosa fan during his stint with the C's. I like how he could get to the hoop and provide some instant offense off the bench. As others have written, he is not a good fit at the current time. Depending on how other players develop, we made need someone like him in a year or two. I would not hesitate at all to bring him back at such time. He plays hard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In a year or two, Barbosa will be 33 or 34 years old.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'll be surprised if he sticks again in the nba.  To the degree that he stays healthy, I believe his best bet is international.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be surprised if he sticks again in the nba.  To the degree that he stays healthy, I believe his best bet is international.

[/QUOTE]

True.