No love for Stiemsma?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

No love for Stiemsma?

I could have sworn Stiemsma had 3 or 4 blocks/tips last night. Granted he could be better in the middle but he never seems to get any credit.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: No love for Stiemsma?

Stiemsma should be out there. He was never integrated into the game.  Let him play and sit JON.  JON represents the part of Doc that is holding this team back. The only way to get JON out of there is to trade him or see him get injured and out for the season.  Steamer should be playing regularly.

Lin excelled when the Knicks had no alternative.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

steamer lacks lateral movements BUT more time should help. Yesterday he was way better..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He should be getting more playing time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sorry, but DOC is the clueless one when it comes to this team. All of the big 3 and JO can't be the starters anymore if you want this team to actually compete. Play the youth. Play that bench. Let those guys run with Rondo. They are not doing well with the big 3 and JO as starters so what do they have to lose. Nothing. But DOC ain't buying into it. He has become the new Francona.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: No love for Stiemsma?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, but DOC is the clueless one when it comes to this team. All of the big 3 and JO can't be the starters anymore if you want this team to actually compete. Play the youth. Play that bench. Let those guys run with Rondo. They are not doing well with the big 3 and JO as starters so what do they have to lose. Nothing. But DOC ain't buying into it. He has become the new Francona.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    doc, old players is a combo of things....last nite we saw partial youth and it was ok.. my biggest frustration this year is doc and ainge innactivity..you would think that by now they have made some roster moves either trade or playing schemes..but we have seen nothing... we saw glimpses of good rolling team when rondo was out butdoc didnt stick to the plan and ainge didnt seem to push doc...just frustrating

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]steamer lacks lateral movements BUT more time should help. Yesterday he was way better..
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

That's what I saw as well. Sometimes the bench just doesn't play well but they need to see the court.

I wonder sometimes if the starters (not Garnett of late), are just pacing themself for the playoffs. If they can't get the 5 or 6 they might as well shoot for Chicago with the 7 or 8. I can't see them beating Miami.

An 8 would get them a little higher in the first round draft yet still keep their pride. I don't see blowing up the team yet. I was lucky enough to attend the Memphis game and was impressed with the over all effort and outcome..Very! entertaining game. I've not given up hope yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No love for Stiemsma? : I can't see them beating Miami. An 8 would get them a little higher in the first round draft yet still keep their pride. I don't see blowing up the team yet. I was lucky enough to attend the Memphis game and was impressed with the over all effort and outcome..Very! entertaining game. I've not given up hope yet.

Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing. I have not given up hope yet either and I dont think breaking the team up is the thing to do. But didnt we all loved the streak where boston was playing with confidence, no RA no Rondo???  I surely did and they looked SOLID. During that streak, I bet you we could have played Miami and won..There was confidence, there was ball movement and there was defense... which takes us back to the threads we have seen around about RR...but going back to Stiemsma, he surely played good during that streak as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Dooling getting minutes that Moore should be getting; playing JO at all and giving Daniels too much time are all weaknesses. But really, isn't this the best second + unit the Celtics have had in a long time? However, they are all second-line players and none have been so consistently good to make starting him a priority. I'd focus on who finishes more than who starts. No one from this bench moved to become a starter is going to guarantee that the Celtics would jump all over teams in the first half of the first quarter. Playing better shooters or rebounders at the end makes the most sense. They all are playing passable D as long as it's a team defense, because only Bradley is really a one-on-one defender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to No love for Stiemsma?:
    [QUOTE]I could have sworn Stiemsma had 3 or 4 blocks/tips last night. Granted he could be better in the middle but he never seems to get any credit. Has anyone else noticed this?

Tommy declared that he has Russell's timing.....  Stiemsma is a complete stiff that is Perk on his absolute best day..... which is saying nothing.....   if he is the answer, I do not want to know the question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No love for Stiemsma? : Tommy declared that he has Russell's timing.....  Stiemsma is a complete stiff that is Perk on his absolute best day..... which is saying nothing.....   if he is the answer, I do not want to know the question.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    The only stiff that I see is the Dudder. "Steamer" is a great BU 5 that needs to develop within the Celtics program. No! he is not a starting 5 but he is invaluable down low on defense..playing for reasonable$ and fitting in with the Celts, he will(could) be a great asset.  btw he made a jump shot that wasn't credited as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No love for Stiemsma? : The only stiff that I see is the Dudder. "Steamer" is a great BU 5 that needs to develop within the Celtics program. No! he is not a starting 5 but he is invaluable down low on defense..playing for reasonable$ and fitting in with the Celts, he will(could) be a great asset

I can only assume that BU in your "BU 5" means back up.... so if that is the case then I respond that the word GREAT and BACKUP do not belong in the same sentence....  The Cs just spent 7 years with a back up center as a starter and was not GREAT.......    Please just stop the green-glasses nonsense..... the Steamer is only on the roster because of financial reasons... if they had any money they would have an actual center on the roster.... stop the nonsense.....  Steamer has no place in the league..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He is a work in progress...Needs to get tougher defensively. Gets pushed around. Is best when defending from the weak side. Hopefully with regular minutes, will be ready for the playoffs. Decent shot..But of course, if he was a finished product, would we have picked him up?? Amazing, that people expect second coming of DH coming from the D leagues...Yikes..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]He is a work in progress...Needs to get tougher defensively. Gets pushed around. Is best when defending from the weak side. Hopefully with regular minutes, will be ready for the playoffs. Decent shot..But of course, if he was a finished product, would we have picked him up?? Amazing, that people expect second coming of DH coming from the D leagues...Yikes..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

If he is "ready for the playoffs".... they will be below 500 a week from now.... ready for the playoffs?

Sections
Shortcuts