No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball

How exciting 42-30 at the half, what ever happened to the famous Celtic fast break. The only break last night was Boston breaking bones on Heat players driving. Looked like World Wrestling last night, Shaq was just flying into Heat players. Baby is the dirtiest player in the NBA, flopping undercutting ,hacking.

The game looked like a 1990 Piston/Knick game.This type of Basketball will hurt the NBA.

Looks like my prediction that Luke will not play this year for the C's is correct. Erdan will sit the bench until Perk is back and then be traded .

Typical Ainge/Rivers thug team, let s call them the Georgetown Hoya's,they are not a Celtic type team,no fast break and no Celtic pride.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Re: No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball

You are the only person that I have seen that is proud of his racism.

The KKK has room of you... do they have a blog?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

You can call it 'thug' ball.

I like thug ball. I like basketball games where these gifted players have to work for every point, nothing is easy, and if you can't box out and get rebounds, you can't win.

Every NBA game still has its share of spectacular dunks (witness the Lebron show last night).

Whether it's the NFL or the NBA, defense wins championships. One more rebounder on this Celtics team last year = another banner. Can't wait for June.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball:
    You can call it 'thug' ball. I like thug ball. I like basketball games where these gifted players have to work for every point, nothing is easy, and if you can't box out and get rebounds, you can't win. Every NBA game still has its share of spectacular dunks (witness the Lebron show last night). Whether it's the NFL or the NBA, defense wins championships. One more rebounder on this Celtics team last year = another banner. Can't wait for June.
    Posted by tjwoods

Hi Tiger
    You like slow ball walk it up ball? You like games in the 70-80 point range?

Why even give these guys  a basketball ,just let them play with a football,First team that makes it down the court scores a point.

The old C's ran a beautiful fast break and were fun to watch. This team is a one on one my turn to score type team. Rondo walks the ball up dribbles for 10 seconds and then passes it to whoever turn it is to shoot,Paul -Kevin -Ray. Rondo gets the assist but it is a joke ,17 assist for just making the last pass, after the pass Paul-Kevin or Ray back down their defender and try to score.

Don't get me wrong ,you can win with this style but at what expense? The game is boring and true fans will not attend.

Take care Run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

"No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball."

So, had Harngody and Erdan played, it would have been a wide open running game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

So, had Harngody and Erdan played, it would have been a wide open running game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball:
    How exciting 42-30 at the half, what ever happened to the famous Celtic fast break. The only break last night was Boston breaking bones on Heat players driving. Looked like World Wrestling last night, Shaq was just flying into Heat players. Baby is the dirtiest player in the NBA, flopping undercutting ,hacking. The game looked like a 1990 Piston/Knick game.This type of Basketball will hurt the NBA. Looks like my prediction that Luke will not play this year for the C's is correct. Erdan will sit the bench until Perk is back and then be traded . Typical Ainge/Rivers thug team, let s call them the Georgetown Hoya's,they are not a Celtic type team,no fast break and no Celtic pride. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Erdan is hurt. The only reason was active was because JON was hurt and Shaq was starting, meaning someone is going to need to go get minutes in case of foul trouble. Who is Luke better than on this roster? Quis no, Baby no, Von Wafer no,  I really don't see how he does not spend the max time in the D League and I would not doubt see to be off the roster by season end. He does not look like a high talent guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Alas Boston has to play to it's strengths and playing a fast pace game would kill the green. Be fair, we're an old team so playing smashmoth basketball is our best option.

Bleed green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Racism thread sells.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

How exciting 42-30 at the half, what ever happened to the famous Celtic fast break. The only break last night was Boston breaking bones on Heat players driving. Looked like World Wrestling last night, Shaq was just flying into Heat players. Baby is the dirtiest player in the NBA, flopping undercutting ,hacking. The game looked like a 1990 Piston/Knick game.This type of Basketball will hurt the NBA. Looks like my prediction that Luke will not play this year for the C's is correct. Erdan will sit the bench until Perk is back and then be traded . Typical Ainge/Rivers thug team, let s call them the Georgetown Hoya's,they are not a Celtic type team,no fast break and no Celtic pride. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

So to be clear, you're proud of the fact that LA gave up 110 points last night?

Please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Looked like World Wrestling last night, Shaq was just flying into Heat players. Baby is the dirtiest player in the NBA, flopping undercutting ,hacking.
    Posted by runrunandrun

while i admit the game pace was frustrating, it was game #1 for both teams.

you are not even a basketball fan if you think davis is the dirtiest player in the league.  if anything, i keep hoping to myself he will use his bulk and muscle better than he has in the past- the guy is probably strongest or 2nd strongest guy in the league.  he hustles and draws charges and this is dirty?

and shak making sure no layups if he was around?  this upsets you?  i loved it.

luke and erden aren't playing because they aren't the best players.  before you give up on jerlame o'neal and defer to erden you have to let jerlame prove you wrong or be out with injury.  there has not been enough time for that yet.

you need to clear your head man.  the system is broke from the ground up, you can't rail on danny or the c's for playing the best players they have and could get from the OTHER  END of the system that they don't have any control over what color players it produces.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

I think your memory from the 60’s is a little bit skewed. Yes the Celtics ran a lot, but that was fueled by the tenacious defense, and sparked by the great rebounding and passing by Bill Russell. Today’s Celtics play great team defense and works at the half court offense because that is the best scenario for this team. The game of basketball has evolved into a lot of one on one play mostly at critical times in the game. Other than that most teams including the Celtics have a bunch of set plays that take time to execute. Another factor that leads to lower scoring games is that because of the defense the Celtics played in the 60’s most teams have put an emphasis on that aspect of the game. The Phoenix Suns play a style that most teams back then were playing and though entertaining, it did not produce many championships. Run, you really need to either find a way to enjoy today’s game or find another sport to be a fan of as it will never go back to how it was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball : Erdan is hurt. The only reason was active was because JON was hurt and Shaq was starting, meaning someone is going to need to go get minutes in case of foul trouble. Who is Luke better than on this roster? Quis no, Baby no, Von Wafer no,  I really don't see how he does not spend the max time in the D League and I would not doubt see to be off the roster by season end. He does not look like a high talent guy.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

Hi Bosoxjoe5

So you can tell already that Luke has No talent.Funny he was player of the year  in the Big East, highest scorer at ND. But he is just not right for you or Danny,toooooo white maybe.If Luke were Black he would have been the a top 10 pick and starting for some NBA team.....

Run

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Posted by runrunandrun

Blah. Blah. Blah................................  Blah. Look at me! I say idiotic outrageous things over and over. Look at me!

What is your obsession with stalking this board's members? With continuously and relentlessly subjecting all of us to your warped racist thoughts?

Nobody here respects you. We all think you are bat sheet crazy. And we are sick to death of your antics. Why wont you just have the decency to leave? What is wrong with you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: No Luke No Erdan Typical C's type game Thug Ball : Hi Bosoxjoe5 So you can tell already that Luke has No talent.Funny he was player of the year  in the Big East, highest scorer at ND. But he is just not right for you or Danny,toooooo white maybe.If Luke were Black he would have been the a top 10 pick and starting for some NBA team..... Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Nope, How many times did ND win the Big East? How many times did they get to the Final Four? Maybe lack of talent is too strong. Lack of size for his talent or maybe lack of position. A good college player does not make a good NBA player see Sheldon Williams, Sean May. It does not matter what color a player is, it matter what skills they have at there size. If Glen Davis was 6'10"(and did not get hurt) he would have been a lotto pick, and  Nate would start if he was 6'1". They however have enough skill to play serious minutes off the bench and start in a pinch. I don't see that in Luke. I personally think Sheed will be on the team and Luke would be off come playoff time.

Sections
Shortcuts