NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!!

I am fairly certain Bradley would do well with some seasoning with the D-League.

His offense is just so meh as hes usually running around the court with the ball like its street ball and usually really sloppy. Defense though at least you can see a bit why Doc likes him as he plays some sound defense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We have to stop with saying how young AB is or that hes a rookie or he has potential.  Every young player in the NBA has potential or they wouldnt be on the roster. How many actually reach their potential is another story.

We have to view AB as to what he can contribute to us NOW, not next year or the following year. We're trying to win a title, so his future greatness is unimportant right now.

Hes very quick and hustles. Hes also been spanked and beaten badly off the dribble by some players. Not a big deal, happens to the best only with AB, who gets so little PT, it sticks out a little more.

His shot has been poor and he is a little out of control.

What hes contributing to us now is minutes we need. Only we're not getting what we hoped for...its costing us during games.

So DOc may drop him out of the lineup when Arroyo or West start playing or he may still keep him around to pick up a few minutes.  Bottom line is its doubtful hes going to help us during a stretch of games... Maybe he has a good game here or there but over a period of time, hes a bit of a liability.

So Im not gonna beat AB down anymore cause my expectations arent high this season for him.  If he gets PT in big spots while we have DW & Arroyo available, its Docs call.  IF the kid messes up, Ill be more angry with Doc than AB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

In Response to NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!!:
    [QUOTE]HE'S SO AWFUL TO WATCH!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I agree, he is worse than even Jermain O'neal, and JO is pretty bad in my view.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!!:
    [QUOTE]without a doubt Avery should have stayed another year at Texas.It's suppose to be one of the worst drafts in history and he would have been a guaranteed lottery pick  with another year of playing college ball.I agree I get nervous watching him.Can anyone say J.R. Giddens all over again?
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

In another words you agree that he has potential to become a good player,just give him time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What does Avery Bradley do well besides play good defense?

Is he a 3-point shooter? No.

Does he have PG skills? No.

Can he play SG? No, he's too small to be a SG in the NBA.

This is not the NFL, NBA players play offense and defense.

Avery Bradley started learning how to dribble when he entered the NBA. Last night against the Bucks the offense could not get going when Bradley was the PG. Bradley was too busy recovering the ball after his defender poked it away from him when he was bringing it up the court. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Its funny , you can tell Doc has told him to push it up the floor as quickly as he can.  Avery gets it goes like lightning to the offensive end.  As soon as he gets there he has no clue what to do.  As soon as he gets past half court he looks for someone to pass the ball to then he goes to the corner.  Won't matter now though since we have probably seen the last of the guy for the year.  He will be better next year.  If not it will be time to cut him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't see how he would be tendered an extension after next year.  Lester Hudson looked so much better than him and he is playing in China.  He was not even good at Texas last year, I don't know how our scout can even consider picking this guy when the Celtics at this point in time can't possibly have any patience for developing young player.  It seems that only his high school reputation got him this far.  AB was ranked in top 5 in 3 major high school players ranking with #1 by ESPNU.  This basically is another big knock on the high school player ranking as anything sound or legitimate.

What do these two set guys have in common, (Gerald Green, Telfair, Giddens, and AB), (Gomes, Powe, BBD, and Luke).  These are some from mostly picks or result of a pick for about the last 5 years, the first list is first round pick and all american high school ranked players and the second are second round picks 4 year college grads.  You think Ainge has been burnt enough time to think twice about drafting just by high school reputation?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

Avery is a role player but could be a great defensive player. He's strong and athletic and once he learns the NBA game, can put tremdous pressure on the opposing team's point guard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Avery is a role player but could be a great defensive player. He's strong and athletic and once he learns the NBA game, can put tremdous pressure on the opposing team's point guard.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said it yourself, could be a great defensive player! Right now, we do not need could be's, we need someone who can play. Avery so far has proven nothing. I would have rather given away Avery than Semih. Semih was a 7 footer who was aggresive and was always around the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]Why are people worried about a player that won't get 1 minute when the the playoffs role around? He has stunk and isn't ready. That is obvious. It really has no bearing on this season so why bother complaining about it. If D West and Arroyo are out for the season next week...then yeah there's a problem.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    Some are very dissapointed with the wasted #1 picks that Ainge has been throwing away lately.  It may not effect this year but you could say picks from a few years ago could easily effect this year and good execution on these picks could help us for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] 4 and 0, Avery turned this one around with his defense!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Wow! What a clown. Avery Bradley turned the game around with his defense? 

You didn't know that the Celts were NEGATIVE 2 when Bradley was in there?

Bradley 3 assists in 4 games as the backup PG. He also shot 3-16 from the field in that span, wow! 

Against the Jazz the Celts were -1 when Bradley was in the game. When the Celts lost the lead against the Suns Bradley got a whooping -15 when he was in the game. Another-4 against the Warriors and the latest, -2 against the Bucks. The Celts never got a + from Bradley when he was the backup PG.

I think everyone will agree that saying Bradley is the reason why the Celts are 4-0 in the last 4 games is CRAZY TALK!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Avery Bradley looked like a high schooler given one of those make a wish foundation things.  His was to play in the fourth period for the Celtics.   He played good defense,  is what they tell you when you don't do anything right.  They have  to find something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! : Wow! What a clown. Avery Bradley turned the game around with his defense?  You didn't know that the Celts were NEGATIVE 2 when Bradley was in there? Bradley 3 assists in 4 games as the backup PG. He also shot 3-16 from the field in that span, wow!  Against the Jazz the Celts were -1 when Bradley was in the game. When the Celts lost the lead against the Suns Bradley got a whooping -15 when he was in the game. Another-4 against the Warriors and the latest, -2 against the Bucks. The Celts never got a + from Bradley when he was the backup PG. I think everyone will agree that saying Bradley is the reason why the Celts are 4-0 in the last 4 games is CRAZY TALK!

You and Dink are the only Clowns around here. Don't try to put me in your Clown club!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! :

Unless you're not in touch with reality this thread already has 2 pages and everybody seems to agree that Bradley sux. Only a clown would say the reason why the Celts are 4-0 is because of Avery Bradley playing backup PG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! : Unless you're not in touch with reality this thread already has 2 pages and everybody seems to agree that Bradley sux. Only a clown would say the reason why the Celts are 4-0 is because of Avery Bradley playing backup PG.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree, is that what you said Doink!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! :  I agree, is that what you said Doink!!

The more you try to spin the argument the more foolish you look. 

You know why you have no credibility? You still see Antoine Walker wearing Celtic green. In 2011 Jeff Green is wearing #8 for the Celts. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! : The more you try to spin the argument the more foolish you look.  You know why you have no credibility? You still see Antoine Walker wearing Celtic green. In 2011 Jeff Green is wearing #8 for the Celts. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Lets see now, you hate Ray, you hate Bradley, and you hate the great Celtic Antoine, but you are a Celtic fan, Right!!!  Sure you are Doink!!  You disgust me, go back to Laker universe!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE AVERY BRADLEY, PLEASE!!! :  Lets see now, you hate Ray, you hate Bradley, and you hate the great Celtic Antoine, but you are a Celtic fan, Right!!!  Sure you are Doink!!  You disgust me, go back to Laker universe!!!

"bilal, i could name probably 10 players, we could replace Pierce with, and our record would still be 29 and 3, and we would still have just as good a shot at the title."

Paul Pierce and people's lack of respect

posted at 1/6/2008 5:28 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/8/2011

bilal, i could name probably 10 players, we could replace Pierce with, and our record would still be 29 and 3, and we would still have just as good a shot at the title.

I don't think there is anyone, including Duncan, who could replace KG, and i could say that about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Doink the clown, beaten again by KyCeltic!!!   HAHAHAHAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"he's not wore out, he's done as a prime time player."

Re: Most tradable Celtic

posted at 1/16/2010 11:05 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">

Pierce, is the one i would trade if we could get anything for him.Everything you say about Ray, you can say about Pierce, he's not wore out, he's done as a prime time player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Come on guys, Doc's easily a top 25 coach in the league."

Re: Stop blaming Doc

posted at 2/7/2010 5:16 PM EST

Come on guys, Doc's easily a top 25 coach in the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

If we didnt have all the injuries he would not have been on the bench as a emergency option. I wish he was in the D league all year

Sections
Shortcuts