No Need for Big Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: No Need for Big Trades

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades:
    In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : Mr. GM, you think it's easy to come up with a solution? Instead of criticizing my choice of Stackhouse. Let me hear what you would do if you were in Ainge's tough shoes?? Dude, why do you think I brought up POSEY a month ago. Some laugh at the idea but I knew we would get to the point where we needed a backup SF. It's either you make a move for Posey...a guy who knows the defense, knows his teammates and it's easier to incorporate him back into the mix.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I think he told you , a trade disrupts the team usually. Orlando has more talent. Are they a better team?  NO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : I don't need to listen to C4Life. I've been right about so many topics on this board it's not even funny. Picking up Stackhouse may not be a sexy popular move but we aren't getting an All Star to backup PP. All I hear is criticism. Let's hear some suggestions. It's a tough decision for Ainge.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Kind of full of ourself this morning aren't we?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bias, i know this GM'en is rough, and you're giving it your all, but sometimes the best trades, are the ones you didn't make!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Um, do you'll know how tall Von Wafer is??? He's 6'5 and he has a slight build. He doesn't play the kind of defense Quis or Tony Allen plays so TA can get away with it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

True. But right now he's the only one the Celtics got. Unless of course you're Danny Ainge, Bias.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine, you guys have been proved wrong all season and you still don't listen.

I told you in Dec. JON was done.
    I told you in Dec. we needed to find a backup SF
    I told you in Dec that KG wasn't hurt as everyone said he was.
    I told you in Dec that BBD was a good bench player but not worth resigning to big money. We found out how good he was when he had to start...not so good.

Now I'm telling you that Wafer cannot play SF effective enough. He's the 13th-14th guy on the roster. YOu really trust him to all of a sudden go from a 5 mins a game to 15 mins a game as a SF.

Get real and stop trying to disagree for the sake of colluding with others on the board.

I've been right way more than I've been wrong when discussing issues on this board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Don't you say nothin bad about baby, Bias!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Fine, you guys have been proved wrong all season and you still don't listen. I told you in Dec. JON was done. I told you in Dec. we needed to find a backup SF I told you in Dec that KG wasn't hurt as everyone said he was. I told you in Dec that BBD was a good bench player but not worth resigning to big money. We found out how good he was when he had to start...not so good. Now I'm telling you that Wafer cannot play SF effective enough. He's the 13th-14th guy on the roster. YOu really trust him to all of a sudden go from a 5 mins a game to 15 mins a game as a SF. Get real and stop trying to disagree for the sake of colluding with others on the board. I've been right way more than I've been wrong when discussing issues on this board.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You also told us:

To sign Mikki Moore
    To trade BBD
    To trade for Marcus Camby
    To sign Jerry Stackhouse
    That Argentina is in Europe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fine, you guys have been proved wrong all season and you still don't listen. I told you in Dec. JON was done. I told you in Dec. we needed to find a backup SF I told you in Dec that KG wasn't hurt as everyone said he was. I told you in Dec that BBD was a good bench player but not worth resigning to big money. We found out how good he was when he had to start...not so good. Now I'm telling you that Wafer cannot play SF effective enough. He's the 13th-14th guy on the roster. YOu really trust him to all of a sudden go from a 5 mins a game to 15 mins a game as a SF. Get real and stop trying to disagree for the sake of colluding with others on the board. I've been right way more than I've been wrong when discussing issues on this board.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Yes, he is full of himself.

Bias:

Sometimes, you don't need to solve a problem with a brand new idea if the solutions are already built in.  The celtics have a bench and its a pretty good one.  They can play small ball when they need to, putting Wafer in with Ray and Rondo.  They can play spurts with Luke as the small forward (not long, but he can step up for a few minutes).  Doc can play KG, Baby, and Perk at the same time, as well.  Doc's not going to panic and neither should you.  

These are the solutions without making a trade that disrupts the team.  Is that specific enough for you?  My point is.....it does NOT have to always be a trade that solves the problem, Bias.  Stop looking for that one solution to every problem.  

Also, I don't know what players are available via buyouts and what players are semi-retired but still available.  But, I don't feel the urgent need (as you do) to solve the problem because I know we have this guy called a GM by the name of Danny Ainge who is MORE AWARE THAN BOTH OF US as to who's available.  So, between the Coach and the GM, they can manage the substitution pattern and consider if they want to pick up another player (knowing that if they do, they have to waive someone and they may not want to do that).  You don't have enough facts to make that recommendation and neither do I.  Stop trying to engineer a solution where you don't have enough facts!

So, I repeat - don't be so in love with the trade and stop the panic.  The Celtics will be fine!

PS. You were NOT the only one saying KG wasn't hurt that bad.  most of us said it and only hoped that the reports weren't lying.  You are NOT right about the need for another backup SF.  In fact, you nor anyone else could have predicted MD's injury.  So, stop pretending that you are the man and the only one who knows what's going on.   

Love the Celts!   Number 18 in the making!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : You also told us: To sign Mikki Moore To trade BBD To trade for Marcus Camby To sign Jerry Stackhouse That Argentina is in Europe
    Posted by P34

LOL!!

Yes, Bias has had some pretty dire recommendations and if we followed them, we'd have Camby (older, more expensive, and hurt) instead of BBD - top 5 in the league for 6th man of the year.  We'd have washed up Jerry Stack house who can't play a lick of D.  We would be OUT OF THE RUNNING for a championship.  Thank goodness Bias is not the GM of this team, eventhough he is more right about more things than ANYONE ELSE!!!!

What a burden Bias must carry..having to be so brilliant all the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Sorry man but you my friend have no clue what you're talking about. Do you realize we don't have a 10 game lead in the East. If we did your thoughts wouldn't be a problem. These are not panic moves. Get your head out the sand. These are just moves that need to be made.

So it looks like they're going to bring Bradley up for tonights game. So Nate goes back to SG, Wafer goes to SF, BBD and Erden.

Wafer on Wallace or Capt Jack tonight. As soon as PP gets in foul trouble or comes out the game, we're in trouble.

Good luck scoring points with that lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : LOL!! Yes, Bias has had some pretty dire recommendations and if we followed them, we'd have Camby (older, more expensive, and hurt) instead of BBD - top 5 in the league for 6th man of the year.  We'd have washed up Jerry Stack house who can't play a lick of D.  We would be OUT OF THE RUNNING for a championship.  Thank goodness Bias is not the GM of this team, eventhough he is more right about more things than ANYONE ELSE!!!! What a burden Bias must carry..having to be so brilliant all the time.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Your suggestions are to stand pat and do nothing because we lead the East. That lead has shrinks each week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Lets see our new starting lineup.

Marcus Camby
    Shaq
    KG
    PP
    RA
    Rondo
    Mikki Moore
    Jerry Stackhouse
    James Posey
    Avery Bradley
    Perkins

Nice improvement on our team Bias
    Call Danny and get on the Celtic Staff.  They need to know you have the answers that they can't find.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

OneOnOne,

Where are your suggestions? Please post them. LOL!

I think some of you are scared and it's easier to be a critic instead of giving your suggestions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Fine, you guys have been proved wrong all season and you still don't listen.
    I told you in Dec. JON was done. Wow Nice Observation here. No one knew he had knee problems
    I told you in Dec. we needed to find a backup SF - OK- I said the sun would shine tommorrow.
    I told you in Dec that KG wasn't hurt as everyone said he was. You and about 50% of the board
    I told you in Dec that BBD was a good bench player but not worth resigning to big money. We found out how good he was when he had to start...not so good.
    Now I'm telling you that Wafer cannot play SF effective enough. Who said he needed to start?  So you also know what Danny will to with Baby, or what Baby will do? Oh crystal ball.  Baby is our #1 bench player incase during all your brilliant observations you failed to recognize it.

I've been right way more than I've been wrong when discussing issues on this board.  I forgot how smart you were. Please diregard post. Please call Danny right away before we lose the season.

Posted by BiasLewis

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

OneOnOne,

It's not that I'm smart but maybe you're just a hater. I've been right on many issues. You want to downplay them but I don't hear you suggesting anything. Keeping the team as is is just a cop out answer. The C's won't make it to the #1 seed keeping things as is. Where's that deep bench everyone talks about? I'll tell you where it is...on the injured list.

JON
    West
    Quis
    Shaq

Don't make any moves lets just play the Big 3 and Rondo 30+ mins a game for the rest of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL! Sorry man but you my friend have no clue what you're talking about. Do you realize we don't have a 10 game lead in the East. If we did your thoughts wouldn't be a problem. These are not panic moves. Get your head out the sand. These are just moves that need to be made. So it looks like they're going to bring Bradley up for tonights game. So Nate goes back to SG, Wafer goes to SF, BBD and Erden. Wafer on Wallace or Capt Jack tonight. As soon as PP gets in foul trouble or comes out the game, we're in trouble. Good luck scoring points with that lineup.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Important notice, everyone:  I apologize to BiasLewis.  he was right.  I was wrong.  I didn't realize that the standard for this year is that if we don't have a 10 game lead against the Heat, we must panic and make a trade.  under that standard, its trade time!!!!   Sorry, I was assuming in the beginning of the year that it would be a dogfight all year and that we'd win the East by only a few games (or maybe just one game)!  Wow, I missed the memo that we have to win by 10 games!

Bias - you're not listening to SO many people who are telling you that staying pat OR picking someone up off waivers or off a buyout is a better solution.  This approach is not always standing pat, but its not breaking up a good team, either.  Even to pick up someone, we have to let someone go and that's expensive (Let JON go and we would carry a big contract AND have to add another contract, for example).   We could try a lot of trades, but all of these guys are playing in a system and it just doesn't make sense to disrupt it after a full preseason of training and a half season of playing together.  

But, its clear none of us can convince you not to panic.  You wanted to do a trade all year and you've not backed off.  Camby, Mikki Moore, Stackhouse, Battier, etc.....you've got posts going on so many trades you feel something HAS to be done.  I don't.  I respect your opinion and its time to stop debating with you because obviously, you won't be happy until Danny tears up the team and goes for change.  I've never seen anyone so hell bent on changing a team that made it to the championship last year, lost by a few points in game seven, improved on last year's team with new additions, has the second best record this year, has the best record in the league against the top 10 teams, has a top 5 choice for 6th man of the year (who you wanted to trade for an old guy who has a big contract and got injured), and is picked by most announcers and analysts to be a finals team.   

Wow, man.  Could you possibly just chill out and stop worrying so much?  Love the team that's doing so well, please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OneOnOne, It's not that I'm smart but maybe you're just a hater. I've been right on many issues. You want to downplay them but I don't hear you suggesting anything. Keeping the team as is is just a cop out answer. The C's won't make it to the #1 seed keeping things as is. Where's that deep bench everyone talks about? I'll tell you where it is...on the injured list. JON West Quis Shaq Don't make any moves lets just play the Big 3 and Rondo 30+ mins a game for the rest of the season.
    Posted by BiasLewis

West and Shaq will be back soon.  Its NOT the rest of the season.  Be intellectually honest and stop overstating the problem.  Also, Erdin and Perk will be fine, and we'll have 3 centers when Shaq returns in a week or so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : You also told us: To sign Mikki Moore To trade BBD To trade for Marcus Camby To sign Jerry Stackhouse That Argentina is in Europe
    Posted by P34

Argentina is in Europe, I should know!  opps, you're right it's not, it's next to Australia.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Stop twisting my words please. I never said we HAD to make a trade. I said we have to make a MOVE. That could mean several different things. For the record I don't go along with what people think on the board like many do. It doesn't have to be a consensus for me to have an opinion.

A buyout isn't easy. Who are you buying out and with what money??

I said Stackhouse, he's on waivers. You almost have to trade so you can upgrade a position without having to cut someone OR pay out more money on a lux tax. Trades are contract for contract so if we can group 2 guys together to get one backup SF it's worth it.

The lead has shrunk in the East. I'm not asking Ainge to tear up the team. What I'm saying is that for a team that has such a great bench, we are going down like flies and some just think it's not a problem. It will be a problem when you have a 1 game lead and you've got the Heat and Lakers coming in.

Please stop trying to twist my words.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : West and Shaq will be back soon.  Its NOT the rest of the season.  Be intellectually honest and stop overstating the problem.  Also, Erdin and Perk will be fine, and we'll have 3 centers when Shaq returns in a week or so.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

It's funny how every week it's "_____will be back soon" LOL! Just fill in the blank.

Ok man fine! I will be keeping an eye on your posts so when you start whining about this or that, I will help you recall these posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No one's twisting your words.  You said "we're not up by 10 games".  You said we need to make a MOVE and then all the moves were trades.  YOU have a thread going to trade for Parker, Allen, Battier, Posey.......and YOU are the one who suggested we trade BBD and JON for Camby.  

The suggestions you make DO tear up a part of the team.....the part called the bench.  They know their roles and try to do what Doc asks of them.  New players won't know those roles and that causes a lot of strife in a team that's trying to build together for a championship run.  Your solutions only add to the strife.

Of course its a problem when you have a one game lead and the Heat and Lakers come in.  But guess what - NO TRADE OR MOVE YOU CAN MAKE WILL CHANGE THAT!!!!   If tonight, Danny made a trade, by the time they clear physicals and get to the team and learn anything, they WILL NOT AFFECT THE GAME OUTCOMES.   You think we're saying do nothing.  We're not.  We're saying "react with the tools you have" because desperation moves can't help at this point.   A trade takes some player currently on our payroll and puts him on the sideline while physicals are going on.  We lose his services immediately.  The new player then takes a while to get here and then more time to learn the system.  In the midst of all of this turmoil, we have to play Miami and LA then do a west coast road trip.  Wow - great time to make a trade.

Come on, Bias.  Please hear what we're saying to you.  We are trying to get you to think rationally and not overreact.   That's all.  

In the end, react as you'd like.  We know its just a bulletin board and the REAL GM will do what he thinks is right.  We just have to put up with your trade/move ideas every 20 minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Do you read or do you just like to hear yourself speak/write???

Posey knows the system. TA knows the system. I said that from the beginning. Stackhouse isn't a trade. At the time Moore wasn't a trade. So what are you talking about?? We aren't trading a STARTER. Don't try to group us with Orlando and think it takes time. Orlando traded 2 starters so of course it's going to mess up chemistry.

Well we only have 4 guys out of our 9-10 man rotation. Why worry, right?? LOL!

This means the starters will play more minutes. Is this what Doc envisioned in training camp...no. Let's just stay with what we've got and our core will be gassed by the end of March.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Do you read or do you just like to hear yourself speak/write??? Posey knows the system. TA knows the system. I said that from the beginning. Stackhouse isn't a trade. At the time Moore wasn't a trade. So what are you talking about?? We aren't trading a STARTER. Don't try to group us with Orlando and think it takes time. Orlando traded 2 starters so of course it's going to mess up chemistry. Well we only have 4 guys out of our 9-10 man rotation. Why worry, right?? LOL! This means the starters will play more minutes. Is this what Doc envisioned in training camp...no. Let's just stay with what we've got and our core will be gassed by the end of March.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Even with all the injuries only Rondo is getting more than 36 minutes per game. How could the starters be gassed if they're only playing 3 quarters every game?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34...how could you ask him that.....you know facts would never get in the way of his argument for a move/trade! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Do you read or do you just like to hear yourself speak/write??? Posey knows the system. TA knows the system. I said that from the beginning. Stackhouse isn't a trade. At the time Moore wasn't a trade. So what are you talking about?? We aren't trading a STARTER. Don't try to group us with Orlando and think it takes time. Orlando traded 2 starters so of course it's going to mess up chemistry. Well we only have 4 guys out of our 9-10 man rotation. Why worry, right?? LOL! This means the starters will play more minutes. Is this what Doc envisioned in training camp...no. Let's just stay with what we've got and our core will be gassed by the end of March.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Now who's twisting words?   So, Hill and Battier know the system too?  Getting rid of Nate doesn't affect anything?  More wasn't a trade and neither was Stackhouse, but Battier, Camby, and others in your desperations moves all know the system, too?

Sections
Shortcuts