No Rondo until December could be rough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

No Rondo until December could be rough

I have to be honest with the collection of talent we have we could be as bad as a lottery team or a barely get in 8th seed team or worse case scenario somewhere in between that where we don't end up in the top 10 pick range.

My thinking is 8th seed range with limited talent might persuade a decent FA next season. I'd rather them be a lottery team and get a top 5 pick because they could stock pile there assets and trade for some decent upgrades and get right back into the conversation.

I think think Rondo, Bradley, Sull, KO and Green are going to be the guys to watch and maybe Brooks. I think with the other Nets guys we know what we have ok players with 2 of those contracts being lousy. We know what Lee and Bass give us. Pressey could be interesting.

At any rate I've been sitting in my seats since 2001-2002. This is the First year of No Pierce. Will be wierd, but looking forward to the next generation. Let's see what happens.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: No Rondo until December could be rough

I'll wait until the first few preseason games before I start predicting records.  I think 5-14 is a little over the top, but you think I'm nuts for saying we're going to be in the playoffs,ceste le vie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Out of those 19 games I'd classify 11 as winnable and 8 as nearly unwinnable. I think we win 5 of the winnable and 2 of the nearly unwinnable. So 7/12. Winnable games are against Orlando, Utah, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Detroit, Toronto, Portland                                 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No PG, no 3-point threat, no interior defense, no center, new coach, three rookies likely to get meaningful minutes, and a log jam at two positions! 5-14 sounds about right! 

Losses this year will likely = a BIG WIN in June!! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

No Rondo means a 5-14 season start.

And even if Rondo comes back in December, the Celts will not be close to being an 8th seed the rest of the way.

Why?

The Celtics are not fundamentally sound.

There are no 3-point shooters.

Let's not forget the defensive anchor, KG, is gone.

And the leading scorer for more than a decade, Paul Pierce, is gone too.

A team will not make the playoffs on potential alone.

Green shoots the 3 as you already know. But I think you should add KO as well. He was hitting 3's in summer league, even in transition. Has shown he has the range and he's a very good shooter. We shall see though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

No rondo for first twenty games might get us five wins. Of course a pg that could shoot, could change a lot of thought process of other teams. No née to rush him back. Let him heal, see how he fits in when he comes back, then decide if it's time to ship him out.  I think the c's r going to find out how much more PP and KG meant to RR than most want to believe,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No ROndo til December is a blessing..too bad its not Feb... Now the coach can try to fit the pieces together without having to wipe Rondos nose every step of the way... and allow them opportunities to develop a chemistry between them without Rondos ball hogging and "leadership"...

Just remember how we blossomed last season when Rondo went down.. ball was moving, guys were working off each other cause they knew they would get touches and be part of the game...

When Rondo comes back he'll hopefully have to adjust to coaches system and fit in, not the other way around... thats whats most concerning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

"Just remember how we blossomed last season when Rondo went down.. ball was moving, guys were working off each other cause they knew they would get touches and be part of the game..."

How can we forget about it, when we have you talking about it in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU LEAVE!!! Honestly, when Rondo is no longer a Celtic, noone will miss him more then you. You'll have absolutely nothing to talk about on here. We "blossomed" right into a 1st round exit. God knows, with Rondo in the line-up, we could have never accomplished such a feat. Get over it already. Move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Just remember how we blossomed last season when Rondo went down.. ball was moving, guys were working off each other cause they knew they would get touches and be part of the game..."

Hmm I preferred watching the team with Rondo in the playoffs actually winning games. The job of a coach is to get the most out of players and challenge them when they are not playing the right way. Doc should have benched Rondo if Rondo wasn't playing the right way. It's not just about team attitude, otherwise five guys could play from the park down the street. 

Oh, and you forgot to mention that Avery Bradley looked lost without Rondo and did not play well at all without him. They raised each other's game, but without Rondo the much-hyped Bradley looked very ordinary.

But anyhow Rondo not playing until January works out well, we need to rack up losses and get the young guys time and head right for the lottery. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

How can we forget about it, when we have you talking about it in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU LEAVE!!! Honestly, when Rondo is no longer a Celtic, noone will miss him more then you. You'll have absolutely nothing to talk about on here. We "blossomed" right into a 1st round exit. God knows, with Rondo in the line-up, we could have never accomplished such a feat. Get over it already. Move on.

Try some reality instead of making up BS..

The Celtics did blossom after losing Rondo, who led the team to a 20-23 record and likely not even making the playoffs... So be thankful we even got into the first round.. the record shows Rondos presence made the Celtics a lesser team...fact

Also, every single post I make isnt about Rondo, so stop embellishing and lying to try for a lame point... Fact is  so many threads are about Rondo, its natural to see posts about him and Im expressing my point of view about the diva when I feel appropriate... If you dont like it, ignore me kid

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Hmm I preferred watching the team with Rondo in the playoffs actually winning games. The job of a coach is to get the most out of players and challenge them when they are not playing the right way. Doc should have benched Rondo if Rondo wasn't playing the right way. It's not just about team attitude, otherwise five guys could play from the park down the street. 

Oh, and you forgot to mention that Avery Bradley looked lost without Rondo and did not play well at all without him. They raised each other's game, but without Rondo the much-hyped Bradley looked very ordinary.

But anyhow Rondo not playing until January works out well, we need to rack up losses and get the young guys time and head right for the lottery. 

Interesting you can point to AB not playing well without Rondo but what about the rest of the lineup?? Virtually the entire team upped its game when Rondo went down due to ball movement and I suspect enthusiasm at the prospect of getting out from under his Doc-empowered ball hogging, lazy defensive game.

Also, ill repeat the Celtics improved markedly without Rondo and this without replacing the ASPG and without replacing Sully... thats saying something 

Regarding winning playoff games, come on, get real. Stop living off of one series with the Heat and remember something...the C's were likely not even making the playoffs un der Rondos "leadership"...20-23 or did you forget?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

And before doc failed to bench Rondo for not playing the right way, we had Tubby Smith at U.K failing to bench Rondo for not playing the right way.

And before Tubby Smith failed to bench Rondo for playing the right way, we had his HS coaches at Eastern HS and Oak Hill Academy failing to bench Rondo for not playing the right way.

The only coach with the cahones to bench Rondo for not playing the right way was Coach K and Rondo quit on Coach K and left the 2010 FIBA team.... BooHoo... that then flourished in Rondo's absence.

There seems to be a pattern here.

Defiant, strong willed player.... combined with.... weaked kneed HS, college, NBA coaches who fail to challenge/require R9R to play the right way.

Hmmmmmm.... Spanky seems to prefer watching a team with a spoiled brat at PG actually winning in the PO's.

Hmmmmmm.... I prefer not watching a spoiled brat play at all.... ever... under any circumstances... in a Celtic uniform.

It has to do with my sense of Celtic pride.

(Besides, Rondo was born to be a Laker instead. They deserve one another.)

And now we have a fresh faced rookie NBA coach challenged to journey where no man has ever gone... to somehow channel Rajon Rondo's defiance into a constructive team mode?

Good luck to you, Brad.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

The Celtics did blossom after losing Rondo, who led the team to a 20-23 record and likely not even making the playoffs... So be thankful we even got into the first round.. the record shows Rondos presence made the Celtics a lesser team...fact

Also, every single post I make isnt about Rondo, so stop embellishing and lying to try for a lame point... Fact is  so many threads are about Rondo, its natural to see posts about him and Im expressing my point of view about the diva when I feel appropriate... If you dont like it, ignore me kid

[/QUOTE]

"If you dont like it, ignore me kid"

With disrespectful lingo like that (common amongst youngsters), it's easy to tell who the actual kid is here.

"The Celtics did blossom after losing Rondo"

So your idea of "blossuming" is 4 - 5 more regular season wins? yeah they "blossumed" into an embarrassing 1st round loss to a mediocre team. And I'm embellishing? ...OK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With disrespectful lingo like that (common amongst youngsters), it's easy to tell who the actual kid is here.

So your idea of "blossuming" is 4 - 5 more regular season wins? yeah they "blossumed" into an embarrassing 1st round loss to a mediocre team. And I'm embellishing? ...OK

[/QUOTE]

So if the C's were an embarrassment post Rondo..how do you characterize them while ROndo was leading them last season when the team had an even worse record??? Oops, now what

Keep wearing blinders for your hero. Ignore the facts and stay a good groupie because dealing with reality doesnt give you the results you so desperately crave.

Now bring up his big game against the Heat to drown out the truth.. but still, Rondos only title came as being the least important starter in the lineup and a PG that had to be benched in the finals.. when it counted the most..

Riding the coattails of 3 HOFers doesnt exist anymore...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Keep wearing blinders for your hero. Ignore the facts and stay a good groupie because dealing with reality doesnt give you the results you so desperately crave.

karl, you spend much more time and effort here with your boorish rondo criticism than boogiebone or anyone else does in rondo's defense. as you're so comfy repeating yourself ad nauseum, tell us again who's desperate. 

bp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Not having Rondo on the court until December is a big positive for the Celtics.

1.  It gives Bradley a chance to develop his PG skills without the pressure he was subject to last year.  Bradley is too small to play SG against many teams and does not seem to have the requisite outside shot.  Also we will see if Pressey can be a viable NBA PG.  Neither if these opportunities would be possible with Rondo on the court playing big minutes. 

2.  It gives the team a chance to develop additional floor leaders without Rondo's over-bearing presense.  This should elevate the individual attitude and confidence of all the players.  

3.  It will result in a worse record for the first 20 or so games, positioning us for a lottery pick.

4.  It enables Stevens to better assert his leadership without worrying about the reaction or mutiny from Rondo. 

5.  Rondo will come back with something to prove for the first 10 games or so, then IMO he becomes frustrated and lethargic.  Having him at peak attitude will maximie his trade value later in December. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

karl, you spend much more time and effort here with your boorish rondo criticism than boogiebone or anyone else does in rondo's defense. as you're so comfy repeating yourself ad nauseum, tell us again who's desperate. 

bp

Well, I post my opinion as opposed to throwing darts at posters and disappearing, which is your expertise.   Actually, if you research (I know thats a bad word in your vocabulary) I hardly spend much time at all on this forum posting about anything, let alone Rondo.

I guess just making stuff up to make a point is all it takes for someone like you. Go ahead, tell me how many posts ive made in the last month..... oops, more facts getting in your way.. Post again when you get a clue

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

1.  It gives Bradley a chance to develop his PG skills without the pressure he was subject to last year.  Bradley is too small to play SG against many teams and does not seem to have the requisite outside shot.  Also we will see if Pressey can be a viable NBA PG.  Neither if these opportunities would be possible with Rondo on the court playing big minutes. 

There is no way AB will be a point guard.  He hasn't been successful in that role in college.  This is NBA.  And pinning hopes on Pressy to become anything more than a backup will not be wise.  There is a reason that he went undrafted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Post again when you get a clue.

thanks, karl. precisely what i intend to do.  

bp

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo could miss most of the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

Rondo could miss most of the season.

I fully expect that.  Quickly brining Rondo back just does not suit Danny's plans.  And holding him back does not interfere with Brad Steven's needs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So if the C's were an embarrassment post Rondo..how do you characterize them while ROndo was leading them last season when the team had an even worse record??? Oops, now what

Now bring up his big game against the Heat to drown out the truth.. but still, Rondos only title came as being the least important starter in the lineup and a PG that had to be benched in the finals.. when it counted the most..

Riding the coattails of 3 HOFers doesnt exist anymore...

[/QUOTE]

"Oops, now what"

This...

I don't credit Rondo with "leading" this team at any time last season or any other season. Not with KG and PP still on the team. It was their team still, not Rondos'. Regardless of what was said/heard. Everyone knows that. I don't place the blame on one individual, It was the entire team and coaching staff.

"Keep wearing blinders for your hero. Ignore the facts and stay a good groupie because dealing with reality doesnt give you the results you so desperately crave"

I'm also a PP "groupie", KG "groupie", Celtic "groupie", DA "groupie" among other things. Why do you feel it necessary to catagorize people? That seems very important to nearly everyone who dislikes Rondo. It's better then being a hate monger with a Rondo complex/fetish or whatever has you so hung-up on the guy.

NOW EVERYONE LISTEN UP. KARLLOST HAS GONE TO GREAT LENGTHS TO REPEATEDLY REMIND US ALL THAT THE C'S HAD MORE WINS DURING THE REGULAR SEASON LAST YEAR, WITH RONDO OUT OF THE LINE-UP. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS SO MAYBE HE'LL MOVE ONTO SOMETHING ELSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Come on dude! What are you, a parrot? Some of us, with varying opinions, can discuss this without dripping adolescent-like sarcasm. Please try it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

There is no way AB will be a point guard.  He hasn't been successful in that role in college.  This is NBA.  And pinning hopes on Pressy to become anything more than a backup will not be wise.  There is a reason that he went undrafted.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Wrong and Wrong.  Strike three and you're out!!

AB wasn't a successful PG in college because he didn't play PG!  He played the two-guard position for Texas...

and he was "successful".  Second in scoring and assists as a freshmen.

You do realize that AB was the first choice to play PG when Rondo went down?  Right?  Pretty tough position to get thrown into (in the playofs to add pressure) without prior experience at the point.  He needs time and experience to learn the PG position and he will get it under Stevens.

and nobody expects Pressey to be a quality starting PG, but if he can prove that he is a capable NBA backup, that is huge.  But we won't know if he doesn't play.  Do you actually know why Pressey went undrafted? (although he was one of the top undrafted players in the country).  Because he he is only 5'11" and came out of Mizzou too early before proving his skills.

Sections
Shortcuts