No Rondo until December could be rough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: No Rondo until December could be rough

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Not having Rondo on the court until December is a big positive for the Celtics.

1.  It gives Bradley a chance to develop his PG skills without the pressure he was subject to last year.  Bradley is too small to play SG against many teams and does not seem to have the requisite outside shot.  Also we will see if Pressey can be a viable NBA PG.  Neither if these opportunities would be possible with Rondo on the court playing big minutes. 

There is no way AB will be a point guard.  He hasn't been successful in that role in college.  This is NBA.  And pinning hopes on Pressy to become anything more than a backup will not be wise.  There is a reason that he went undrafted.

Wrong. Wrong and Wrong.  Strike three and you're out!!

AB wasn't a successful PG in college because he didn't play PG!  He played the two-guard position for Texas...

and he was "successful".  Second in scoring and assists as a freshmen.

You do realize that AB was the first choice to play PG when Rondo went down?  Right?  Pretty tough position to get thrown into (in the playofs to add pressure) without prior experience at the point.  He needs time and experience to learn the PG position and he will get it under Stevens.

and nobody expects Pressey to be a quality starting PG, but if he can prove that he is a capable NBA backup, that is huge.  But we won't know if he doesn't play.  Do you actually know why Pressey went undrafted? (although he was one of the top undrafted players in the country).  Because he he is only 5'11" and came out of Mizzou too early before proving his skills.

Whatever!

I have not seen AB being able to take the ball to the basket in a 2-guard role.  I just don't see him handling the point.  Perhaps you see him as an adequate Rondo replacement.  Or rather, you wish to see him as an adequate Rondo replacement.

Regarding Pressey, what is your point?  Pressey went undrafted because everybody was sleeping and just looked at his height and unproven status?  Or do you think that they did their evaluation and saw him as too much of a gamble even in the 2nd. round?  What do you think Pressey will become?  A star?  A starter?  I see a backup 1 as his ceiling and you have serious issues with the assessment.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

AB as a starting PG would require an amazing turnaround in ABs skills ...

For the C's, AB played awful as a PG usually dribbling the ball with his head down and easily rattled under pressure.

On the other hand, his first couple seasons with the C's many thought he wasnt good enough to play on a division 3 team but later surprised us all.... so Im not gonna say AB cant do anything anymore.... just that I would be shocked again if he was considered an avg-good PG in the NBA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This...

I don't credit Rondo with "leading" this team at any time last season or any other season. Not with KG and PP still on the team. It was their team still, not Rondos'. Regardless of what was said/heard. Everyone knows that. I don't place the blame on one individual, It was the entire team and coaching staff.

"Keep wearing blinders for your hero. Ignore the facts and stay a good groupie because dealing with reality doesnt give you the results you so desperately crave"

I'm also a PP "groupie", KG "groupie", Celtic "groupie", DA "groupie" among other things. Why do you feel it necessary to catagorize people? That seems very important to nearly everyone who dislikes Rondo. It's better then being a hate monger with a Rondo complex/fetish or whatever has you so hung-up on the guy.

NOW EVERYONE LISTEN UP. KARLLOST HAS GONE TO GREAT LENGTHS TO REPEATEDLY REMIND US ALL THAT THE C'S HAD MORE WINS DURING THE REGULAR SEASON LAST YEAR, WITH RONDO OUT OF THE LINE-UP. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS SO MAYBE HE'LL MOVE ONTO SOMETHING ELSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Come on dude! What are you, a parrot? Some of us, with varying opinions, can discuss this without dripping adolescent-like sarcasm. Please try it. 

Wow, did you actually criticize me for characterizing people and then go on to characterize me as a hate monger, etc all in the same paragraph??

My goodness, doesnt your hypocritical, phony self feel so special now..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

When RR comes back this season there is no guarentee he will immediately return to his old self!

RR drives to the basket to get many of his points and a percentage of his assists! The same will likely be true when he returns from injury. RR will have to plant his medically repaired leg to be affective! 

It takes a majority of athletes, who have had this type of injury, a year or two, to fully recover! The first part of the healing process is physical, the second part is mental! 

Do not expect RR to be a fully healthy / confident player until late this season, or ealry next season! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

I have to be honest with the collection of talent we have we could be as bad as a lottery team or a barely get in 8th seed team or worse case scenario somewhere in between that where we don't end up in the top 10 pick range.

My thinking is 8th seed range with limited talent might persuade a decent FA next season. I'd rather them be a lottery team and get a top 5 pick because they could stock pile there assets and trade for some decent upgrades and get right back into the conversation.

I think think Rondo, Bradley, Sull, KO and Green are going to be the guys to watch and maybe Brooks. I think with the other Nets guys we know what we have ok players with 2 of those contracts being lousy. We know what Lee and Bass give us. Pressey could be interesting.

At any rate I've been sitting in my seats since 2001-2002. This is the First year of No Pierce. Will be wierd, but looking forward to the next generation. Let's see what happens.

The celtics willbe fine.They have some talent in the roster,They will be fun to watch.D,ont expect a champioship this year,but watch the team develop.Last year was apainful to watch the 2 men ofense..Look like this year we will see some running,celtics ball.Go celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

When RR comes back this season there is no guarentee he will immediately return to his old self!

RR drives to the basket to get many of his points and a percentage of his assists! The same will likely be true when he returns from injury. RR will have to plant his medically repaired leg to be affective! 

It takes a majority of athletes, who have had this type of injury, a year or two, to fully recover! The first part of the healing process is physical, the second part is mental! 

Do not expect RR to be a fully healthy / confident player until late this season, or ealry next season! 

Rondo's game was his freakish acceleration and his unusual ability after he left his feet to contort to make the pass/shot. He will never have the same agility and speed again after this injury. Mentally he will always be thinking about landing with balance as to not stress his injured leg. THINKING in the heat of action means your instictive moves and reactions are slowed. This is not grass and dirt the NBA play on. Change of direction on hardwood in todays no slip shoes is murder on the joints and tendons. Its bad enough as an offensive player, but forget it as a defensive guy. We will never see the pre ACL TEAR Rondo again. Thats not to say he couldnt adjust his game to be effective still. BUT my point has always been that he wasnt the level headed, team oriented leader that they had hoped he'd become, so why roll the dice on a guy who is now gonna have to reinvent himself?  Makes no business sense. CUT BAIT. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Rondo's game was his freakish acceleration and his unusual ability after he left his feet to contort to make the pass/shot. He will never have the same agility and speed again after this injury. Mentally he will always be thinking about landing with balance as to not stress his injured leg. THINKING in the heat of action means your instictive moves and reactions are slowed. This is not grass and dirt the NBA play on. Change of direction on hardwood in todays no slip shoes is murder on the joints and tendons. Its bad enough as an offensive player, but forget it as a defensive guy. We will never see the pre ACL TEAR Rondo again. Thats not to say he couldnt adjust his game to be effective still. BUT my point has always been that he wasnt the level headed, team oriented leader that they had hoped he'd become, so why roll the dice on a guy who is now gonna have to reinvent himself?  Makes no business sense. CUT BAIT. 

That injury and the way they played for 10-15 games after he got hurt might the push he needs  to change his game for the good of the team. He needs to share the ball more. He can''t hold the ball for 18-20 seconds of the shot clock and then put the pressure on his teamates. He needs to change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[/QUOTE]

Wow, did you actually criticize me for characterizing people and then go on to characterize me as a hate monger, etc all in the same paragraph??

[/QUOTE]

NO. I didn't criticize you for "characterizing" people. I criticized you for "catagorizing" people into groups of those who adore, love, and cherish the ground Rondo walks on (is that extremist enough for you?), as opposed to those who dislike Rondo. As if it's either one extreme or the other with you. The "hate monger" comment was just to emphasize that point. No, I don't think of you as a hate monger. But I do think you have alot of negative outlooks on things. Hey, to each their own, different strokes for different folks, etc, etc. I'm not trying to change you or even suggest that you change your ways. With the exception of how you comment on others thoughts in a belittling fashion. Not cool.

I'll let the "hypocritical" comment slide. Coming from you, that's just comical. But explain to me how I'm "phony" exactly. Or are you just starting in with the name calling again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[/QUOTE]

NO. I didn't criticize you for "characterizing" people. I criticized you for "catagorizing" people into groups of those who adore, love, and cherish the ground Rondo walks on (is that extremist enough for you?), as opposed to those who dislike Rondo. As if it's either one extreme or the other with you. The "hate monger" comment was just to emphasize that point. No, I don't think of you as a hate monger. But I do think you have alot of negative outlooks on things. Hey, to each their own, different strokes for different folks, etc, etc. I'm not trying to change you or even suggest that you change your ways. With the exception of how you comment on others thoughts in a belittling fashion. Not cool.

I'll let the "hypocritical" comment slide. Coming from you, that's just comical. But explain to me how I'm "phony" exactly. Or are you just starting in with the name calling again?

[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension a problem?

You did criticize me for catagorizing people, then catagorized me as a hate monger, among other things.If you cant be objective and realize how hypocritical and phony that is, then I'm afraid educating you on the subject just isnt worth the trouble.

If you want to backpeddle now and claim you said that for "emphasis" but really didnt mean it...then maybe first you should stand up and admit you embellished and lied for the sake of fraudulently making your point to defend your hero Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

No Rondo after December could be heaven.

TRADE RONDO!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension a problem?

You did criticize me for catagorizing people, then catagorized me as a hate monger, among other things.If you cant be objective and realize how hypocritical and phony that is, then I'm afraid educating you on the subject just isnt worth the trouble.

If you want to backpeddle now and claim you said that for "emphasis" but really didnt mean it...then maybe first you should stand up and admit you embellished and lied for the sake of fraudulently making your point to defend your hero Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

What!?!?!?!?!?!

Dude.... You have one warped and very twisted outlook on things. Too many head injuries? Here's a recap for you. Yes, I did criticized you for "CATAGORIZING" people. Not "CHARACTERIZING", which is what you said I did to you in an earlier post (which is not true). There is a difference, so get it right. One of us does need reading comprehension, and IT'S NOT ME! Go back and reread my posts to clarify it for you. You seem to have gotten lost along the way. Read, reread, then read it a 3rd time. It'll help you.

Here it is again for you, so pay attention this time: "Wow, did you actually criticize me for characterizing people and then go on to characterize me as a hate monger, etc all in the same paragraph??" - Karllost

"NO. I didn't criticize you for "characterizing" people. I criticized you for "catagorizing" people into groups of those who adore, love, and cherish the ground Rondo walks on (is that extremist enough for you?), as opposed to those who dislike Rondo." - DrBB

Did you get it now? for the 3rd time?

As for your claim that I'm "backpeddling"... dude, if you wanna think the worst of me, then go right ahead. I don't give a rats a**. At this point, I believe I could get more reasoning out of an insect then continuing this rant with the likes of your pea-brain. I mean, you're out there like Pluto dude (which doesn't even exist). In other words, YOU'RE GONE! Take note of your post. That's the negative outlook I was talkin about. If I had to get "educated" by you, it would set me back about 40 years. You're too judgemental, and your final analysis couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat. Now take my 2 cents and go buy a clue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

BUT my point has always been that he wasnt the level headed, team oriented leader that they had hoped he'd become, so why roll the dice on a guy who is now gonna have to reinvent himself?  Makes no business sense. CUT BAIT. 

[/QUOTE]

That injury and the way they played for 10-15 games after he got hurt might the push he needs  to change his game for the good of the team. He needs to share the ball more. He can''t hold the ball for 18-20 seconds of the shot clock and then put the pressure on his teamates. He needs to change.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with the idea that Rondo needs to change... is that he can't.  Without an outside shot, he is forced to either drive to the hoop, or hold the ball and wait for someone to break free for a pass.  But his man is blocking the middle or double teaming preventing offensive movement.    Without an outside shot, he doesn't fit in a system unless there are 3 other all stars.  

He would be an ideal PG for the Heat.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts