1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: No Tankapalooza Tonight: Lakers vs. Celtics

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:

[QUOTE]

I believe any system will fail if you don't make open outside shots, :-)

[/QUOTE]

Also true.

Give Doc Rivers credit for helping Rondo become an All-Star.

[/QUOTE]

I give more credit to PP, KG and RA....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, also true, but Doc Rivers stuck with Rondo even when Rondo behaved badly.

Other coaches might have benched Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about that. Rondo was the ideal complement of the big 3. Any coach worth his salt would have stuck with Rondo no matter what

I'm very curiuous to see what will happen to our PG. Stay, go? I've no idea. I agree with you that if danny could get a lottery pick for him he'd be gone.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Son, what don't you get about Rondo NOT getting traded?  The Celtics are going on a playoff run to win the championship.  Do I need to throw out various quotes by Danny Ainge?  What team would want a pg that can't knock down the outside j? Missingteeth

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Some of you guys are driving me insane. Overreaction all over the place. Guys gotta calm down.

Rondo looked rusty in the first, but looked better in the second. Stevens talked about the situation last night (bringing Rondo in for five minutes then letting him sit for 14 then playing five more minutes). He said they need to find a better way to keep Rondo in rhythm for the game. Those of you that are ripping Rondo for taking the last s-h-o-t need to pump the breaks. Those of you that have pointed out that no one wanted the ball, kudos for using your eyes.

Phil Pressey is starting to impress me a bit. He just needs to be a facilitator/distributor. Had a GREAT bounce pass in the lane to Olynyk in the second half that made me rewind the game. I'm okay with him only taking five shots a game. Any more than that would get me nervous. 19 assists in his last two games. Keep it up young fella. 

Kelly Olynyk had his best game as a pro last night. I've been waiting for this type of game from him. Showed you a little bit of everything in his offensive bag of tricks. Needs more minutes to figure out what the hell he's supposed to do on D.

The Celtics had 34 assists last night. That was awesome. More of that please. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of you guys are driving me insane. Overreaction all over the place. Guys gotta calm down.

Rondo looked rusty in the first, but looked better in the second. Stevens talked about the situation last night (bringing Rondo in for five minutes then letting him sit for 14 then playing five more minutes). He said they need to find a better way to keep Rondo in rhythm for the game. Those of you that are ripping Rondo for taking the last s-h-o-t need to pump the breaks. Those of you that have pointed out that no one wanted the ball, kudos for using your eyes.

Phil Pressey is starting to impress me a bit. He just needs to be a facilitator/distributor. Had a GREAT bounce pass in the lane to Olynyk in the second half that made me rewind the game. I'm okay with him only taking five shots a game. Any more than that would get me nervous. 19 assists in his last two games. Keep it up young fella. 

Kelly Olynyk had his best game as a pro last night. I've been waiting for this type of game from him. Showed you a little bit of everything in his offensive bag of tricks. Needs more minutes to figure out what the hell he's supposed to do on D.

The Celtics had 34 assists last night. That was awesome. More of that please. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Seems like Pressey is now the next Rondo around here.  I hope he is, but the sample size is still too small.

He will be a FA at the end of the year - so we will want to get paid.

Rondo?  Look guys - I think we are "stuck" with him until the end of the year.  Here's why:

1. No lottery bound team would/should give up their #1 for him. 

2. Most playoff teams already have solid PG's and won't want to mess up their rotations.

3.  There are maybe 4 teams that I think would trade for Rondo right now:

TOR    SAC    LAL    NYK

but who would we get, and why would we help any of them.

I think Rondo stays until the end of the year......but no predictions - guys get in trouble around here for that.......lol!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:

[QUOTE]

I believe any system will fail if you don't make open outside shots, :-)

Also true.

Give Doc Rivers credit for helping Rondo become an All-Star.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I give credit to both.  Doc was brilliant at motivating them, using every player for their strengths, making them play great team ball TOGETHER (how often did he preach and scream that!), and then maximizing the role players (pj, posey, house, Baby, powe, Rondo, Bradley (who many including me thought was a waste originally), Perk, etc).   Putting them in in the right spots and blending those guys together for years deserves credit in addition to the big 3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

At this point it seems to be a pyschology thing, the last 12 games we easily could have been 8-4 instead of 1-11. ZERO points in the last 3:10. You can't single out anybody it's the whole team!! They need a shaman,witch doctor,priest,rabbi,minister,warlock,shrink, iman,zen master,dali llama, Buddha or  SOMETHING!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Seems like Pressey is now the next Rondo around here.  I hope he is, but the sample size is still too small.

Rondo?  Look guys - I think we are "stuck" with him until the end of the year.  Here's why:

2. Most playoff teams already have solid PG's and won't want to mess up their rotations.

TOR    SAC    LAL    NYK

I think Rondo stays until the end of the year......but no predictions - guys get in trouble around here for that.......lol!

[/QUOTE]

Pressey is not Rondo. Will never be Rondo. And the Celtics don't need him to be Rondo. He needs to make smart decisions as a backup PG. 19 assists and 0 TO in the last two games. That's what I want to see. He's a pretty decent passer, runs the floor well. More of that. 

Being "stuck" with Rondo isn't a bad thing. He's a good PG. Let him get back to game speed.

TOR has Lowry and wants to get rid of him so they can tank some more. He's a really solid PG. He'd get moved before Rondo IMO.

SAC doesn't have a first round pick to give the Celtics. So you'd have to start with MacLemore, who is a tremendous story. If you didn't see the piece ESPN ran on draft night, find it and get some tissues. I'm rooting for him to succeed in this league. Not sure if SAC wants to give up on him so quickly, but Rondo-Gay-Williams-Cousins is at least an interesting idea.

LAL has picks and will have a lot of cap space next year. Don't see a trade ever happening really though.

NYK has nothing to offer Boston really. They don't have picks. Unless Danny wants to roll the dice on Shump and Hardaway or take Wallace, I don't see that either.

I don't think there's really a suitor out there for Rondo. I think Danny is going to end up keeping him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo trying to be the hero... he should have been the last person to take a 3 pointer

[/QUOTE]

Everyone loves to blame everything on Rondo. Did you see an alternative? Noone was moving on the play. Noone was open or even trying to get open.

[/QUOTE]

Well im not one of them who blames Rondo for stuff.... big supporter in fact but yes there were options but if you dont look for them they wont be found...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Point guards don't win championships.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Point guards don't win championships.

[/QUOTE]

Magic Johnson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TOR    SAC    LAL    NYK

[/QUOTE]

Pressey is not Rondo. Will never be Rondo. And the Celtics don't need him to be Rondo. He needs to make smart decisions as a backup PG. 19 assists and 0 TO in the last two games. That's what I want to see. He's a pretty decent passer, runs the floor well. More of that. 

Being "stuck" with Rondo isn't a bad thing. He's a good PG. Let him get back to game speed.

TOR has Lowry and wants to get rid of him so they can tank some more. He's a really solid PG. He'd get moved before Rondo IMO.

SAC doesn't have a first round pick to give the Celtics. So you'd have to start with MacLemore, who is a tremendous story. If you didn't see the piece ESPN ran on draft night, find it and get some tissues. I'm rooting for him to succeed in this league. Not sure if SAC wants to give up on him so quickly, but Rondo-Gay-Williams-Cousins is at least an interesting idea.

LAL has picks and will have a lot of cap space next year. Don't see a trade ever happening really though.

NYK has nothing to offer Boston really. They don't have picks. Unless Danny wants to roll the dice on Shump and Hardaway or take Wallace, I don't see that either.

I don't think there's really a suitor out there for Rondo. I think Danny is going to end up keeping him. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  My point is let's not get our man-panites in a bunch quite yet over Pressey. It's almost like saying Manny Harris or Ryan Kelly will be superstars in the league after such a small sample size.

Pressey has had stretches where he hasn't done well, or hasn't played.  Hopefully, those are over with.  I think, at 5'11", he will have a very nice career as a backup PG in the NBA.    And I hope it's with us!