No team has gone winless in the preseason and made it to the NBA Finals.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

Re: No team has gone winless in the preseason and made it to the NBA Finals.

is that right?i didnt know that ...hmmm.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I've been saying it from the start. They went out and got pieces that can make the triangle more effective and they bring fat and even stupider than mike brown, eddie jordan in to put a princeton offense that doesn't suit the players. Kupchek did an ok job building his roster, but they have an inept coaching staff and no bench.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

the lakers have a lot of issues right now(health being the major issue),its about time they start paying attention to whats going on in their own backyard.its not looking good for the lakers.at the present moment the celtics are ahead of the lakers in terms of preperation and chemistry and laker fans are starting to realize that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I love this stat and hope it proves to be a defining mark against this Laker team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

This is the first thread in memory that hasn't (yet) been taken over by Lakers trolls.  Great job!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Heat, Thunder, Lakers and Celtics ranked top 4 in power rankings. Mean much?  No. A lot of hype has put on the Lakers this up coming season and they have set expectations pretty high. Pre-season i agree is not much in wins and loss record, but a time to get ready for sure. The thing i really like about the C's this up coming season is they truly look like a team ready to play some great b-ball this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

After the starting 5 the Lakers just don't have anything.  The starters are going to log a lot of minutes and that doesn't bode well for their age and health.  The Celtics were their in years past and though it can take you into the playoffs.  It won't get you deep.  I predict that the Lakers are going to have fewer games with their starting 5 intact and healthy than not and that isn't good when you have such a thin bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Miami is pretty thin also.  That bench is very thin.  Great starting 5 but not much else.  Then you look at Wade, whom has had difficulty staying healthy the last few years and Ray is still having issues with his ankles (the season hasn't even started yet).  It is a long NBA season and the Celtics have put together the deepest bench in the league.  Some of these other teams may come out of the gates quick but I see them fading down the stretch.

Plus the Celtics have the pieces to trade after January if they need an upgrade.  The others don't.  Ainge put together a very flexible roster and I for one am looking forward to what is ahead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miami is pretty thin also.  That bench is very thin.  Great starting 5 but not much else.  Then you look at Wade, whom has had difficulty staying healthy the last few years and Ray is still having issues with his ankles (the season hasn't even started yet).  It is a long NBA season and the Celtics have put together the deepest bench in the league.  Some of these other teams may come out of the gates quick but I see them fading down the stretch.

Plus the Celtics have the pieces to trade after January if they need an upgrade.  The others don't.  Ainge put together a very flexible roster and I for one am looking forward to what is ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Your point on the Lakers is spot on. The Heat have three players in their prime and while anything could happen we need to be concerned about KG and PP in the same way the Lakers do.

The bench will help but if KG goes down no one can pick it up for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Even if Pierce went down..this team would still be  compeitive...but KG, that's a different horse altogether...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That's a good stat but it's a stat that could be broken someday - given that teams can be very experimental in the pre-season and also withhold certain players based on injury concerns and so on...

As much as I'd like to predict the Lakers downfall, I just don't see it. I think the Lakers will contend in the west and are definitely in the top four teams in the league barring injuries. That said, some of the Laker trolls like TommyFraud and Bloogedy are wrong that the Lakers are going to cruise to the Finals. 

The Lakers do have a weak bench, that said I don't think our bench is going to earn us a championship like some fans in here do. I do see our bench as being great insurance against injuries and we will win some regular season games by wearing other teams down which is good. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before you Laker trolls start worrying about the Thunder, worry about the Kings first.

[/QUOTE]

they can't stop aaron brooks....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Before you Laker trolls start worrying about the Thunder, worry about the Kings first.

[/QUOTE]

they can't stop aaron brooks....

[/QUOTE]

And Isaiah Thomas.

The Lakers can't stop nobody. They're too old to run.

[/QUOTE]

I can see the writing on the wall.  As soon as things to look as rosey as the people in LaLa land think its going to be, and the Lakers start struggling a little bit,,  Kome will take over.  He will start firing his 30 shots a game routine.

BTW in case you didn't know,  Kome wanted you to know that its still "his" team.  Sure hope his team plays well or he will be throwing them under the bus as he has all his other past team mates.

One word- Jerk

Sections
Shortcuts