No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED!

The Lakers better rebuild. The Clippers will be the number one team in LA next year.  The trolls who shamelessly inhabit here have only the fact to deal with now.

All most of us said all year was they were mediocre. And they were.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED!:
    The Lakers are in a tough spot for a couple more years because Kobe is in denial about the aging process and is jacking up shots over getting his bigs involved. They'll make the playoffs but they can't contend for the championship for quite some time. It's great to have (almost) all the Laker trolls out of here. As for Mark, the one thing that doesn't ring true, when I took him off ignore to see why he was compulsively posting tonight, is that the loss doesn't seem to have upset or hurt him. It's more evidence he isn't a true Laker fan. A true fan would be upset that their season ended and that their great superstar's career is winding down in an ugly manner. I know I'm always upset when the Celtics lose and I don't try to hide it. That's the price of being a fan, the highs and the lows. "Mark" isn't a fan so he rides the middle with a double barrel of snark.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Some people just cope better with their team losing. Was more upset with The Canucks losing in the first round than seeing the Lakers eliminated against OKC.
    Sport is fun to play. And it's a fun distraction to watch. Great when my team wins, better when they win it all. However I don't dwell on losses. I'd be more upset to see someone on a team I support go down with a career ending injury or worse. Than a loss. A loss I'll be down for a bit, longer if it was particularly due to bad calls (however these do balance out sometimes).

But the sun rises the next day. Get on with either Uni or work. Work also helps put the important things in life in perspective and number one is good health.

Season ended for us. Didn't imagine we'd get out of the second round this year. Celtics are still alive, fortunate perhaps that due to injury Rose was out for Chicago. But that is sport, you take your chances when they present themselves.

Spurs are looking very special this season. Wouldn't mind seeing them win the title. Have no problems with the Celtics or Pacers coming out of the East. But it's like San Antonio are playing at a completely different level to the rest of the teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The Lakers better rebuild. The Clippers will be the number one team in LA next year.  The trolls who shamelessly inhabit here have only the fact to deal with now. All most of us said all year was they were mediocre. And they were.
    Posted by concord27

The Lakers don't exactly have a lock on mediocre. We've been staring at it all season ourselves... and if Bass doesn't catch fire in the 3rd quarter last night, we are suddenly peering into the abyss against an 8th seed.

At least the Lakers know their fate now and can begin to rebuild.

We're not far behind.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

SanAntonio hasn't seen any competition yet though.  It was a miracle that the clippers even got by the griz (can I call shennanigans again on the nba?)  We still have to see how the younger players deal with pressure.  And how the older ones will respond if they have to play more minutes.

I think the nba wants this one to go 7.  The east will stretch out, so the west will have to stretch out as well.  Look for more time between games which will help the spurs as well.  Look for more wild manipulations of free throws favoring the teams behind in the series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The OKC-SA matchup will be a good one. You can't look past that the Spurs have won 18 consecutive games and are 30-2 since Mar 21st. The Lakers are old and financially strapped. Speaking of trolls, where's Elven 32 hiding out? I wonder what rock he crawled back under. This will be a great series. I expect SA will win it because of experience factor. I'm not selling OKC short. They will need their A game to win this. GO CELTS!!!!!!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : The Lakers don't exactly have a lock on mediocre. We've been staring at it all season ourselves... and if Bass doesn't catch fire in the 3rd quarter last night, we are suddenly peering into the abyss against an 8th seed. At least the Lakers know their fate now and can begin to rebuild. We're not far behind. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Perhaps you are right, and the few days between realizations of where we are will allow us the same benefits of rebuilding as the Lakers.

We have plenty of room to make changes if we want.  Bass might catch fire a few more games and maybe someone else will or won't?  I hate the Lakers seeing them suffer is the second best thing I can hope for other than the Celtics winning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : The Lakers don't exactly have a lock on mediocre. We've been staring at it all season ourselves... and if Bass doesn't catch fire in the 3rd quarter last night, we are suddenly peering into the abyss against an 8th seed. At least the Lakers know their fate now and can begin to rebuild. We're not far behind. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Umm yeah.  This post is about the Lakers.

Is it possible for you to take that in?  I don't think anyone is here is saying that Celtics are an amazing team and are going to win it all.

We are talking about the Lakers.  Man if you aren't writing about Rondo you have a hard time keeping up with things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : Umm yeah.  This post is about the Lakers. Is it possible for you to take that in?  I don't think anyone is here is saying that Celtics are an amazing team and are going to win it all. We are talking about the Lakers.  Man if you aren't writing about Rondo you have a hard time keeping up with things.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Snake, be gentle with poor pud...he must be quite depressed that the Celts are still in it.
    BTW Both the Lakers and Celtics aren't mediocre. They aren'e elite, there's a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : Good win by OKC. They are clearly the better team. LA needs to make personnel changes to compete again.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

How about your "no back to back in the playoffs " comment, Mark??????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : Perhaps you are right, and the few days between realizations of where we are will allow us the same benefits of rebuilding as the Lakers. We have plenty of room to make changes if we want.  Bass might catch fire a few more games and maybe someone else will or won't?  I hate the Lakers seeing them suffer is the second best thing I can hope for other than the Celtics winning.
    Posted by concord27

Agreed.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Another painful elimination. I haven't made any secret of the fact that I think the head coach needs to go. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the roster, because as much as they underperformed I'm not sure how much of that was a byproduct of Mike Brown. Sessions was disappointing, but I'm not sure we have any better options at this point. 

I trust Kupchak, and I hope Jim and Jerry do as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Another painful elimination. I haven't made any secret of the fact that I think the head coach needs to go. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the roster, because as much as they underperformed I'm not sure how much of that was due to the fact that they had a coach in way over his head in Brown. Sessions was disappointing, but I'm not sure we have any better options at this point.  I trust Kupchak, and I hope Jim and Jerry do as well.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I laughed when I heard Mike Brown was the new coach. He is lousy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I just don't see LA's exit as either all that painful, or all that surprising.  I mean, I feel for fans of any team that have to watch their team go out, but this was never a series.  People are making this out to be a game 7 choke job, when the reality is, LA was lucky to get one game in a second round series of a depleted season.  Kobe's the same ballhog he always was, but this iteration of Kobe won't take charges or get on the floor.  Classic.  Good luck winning anything with that. Prima donna who would rather sell out his own teammates than pass them a ball when they're open.

How'd that work out?

Seriously.  If LA plays OKC 100 times, LA will win 10.  Why is anyone out there, especially LA fans, so shocked?  It's really more of a NY thing to pretend to be ignorant.  LA never had it in them this season.  Not at all.  OKC exposed and/or capitalized on every, single weakness LA had, including some they didn't even know they had.  Artest is still the same old head case with a new name.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***.

Sorry for the loss to those who are actually fans of LA, and not trolls on this board. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: No trolls will be seen here for a while: LAKERS ELIMINATED! : I laughed when I heard Mike Brown was the new coach. He is lousy.
    Posted by DFURY13

I can't blame you. I was stunned he was chosen over Adelman and Shaw.

Sections
Shortcuts