No way do I want Westbrook!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

No way do I want Westbrook!

Great talent, but is a front runner and a showboat. If I had to watch that crap I'd burn my season tickets. A good coach would stop that nonsense. I don't know the guy that coaches OKC, but he needs to put a stop to that. There is a such thing as being a good winner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

Re: No way do I want Westbrook!

OH MY GOD!GET OVER IT!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Like Pierce, Garnete and Big Baby never did that when they used to win. It's sweet watching your own do it but so sour watching the opposing team doing it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook!:
    [QUOTE]OH MY GOD!GET OVER IT!
    Posted by okdude73401[/QUOTE]

great an OKC troll huh. Ignore. See ya.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

[QUOTE]Like Pierce, Garnete and Big Baby never did that when they used to win. It's sweet watching your own do it but so sour watching the opposing team doing it.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Pumping your fist or throwing a teamate a high five is one thing blowing pistol fingers? Really? I hate Kobe and I even rspect the fact he doesn't do crap like that. I can't wait til he does that to your team. Will love to see your reaction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I believe everyone has a right to celebrate in a manner they want to. He's a young player and he's a head case too. It may bother some but I'm fine with it. His coach can't and won't do anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to No way do I want Westbrook!:
    [QUOTE]Great talent, but is a front runner and a showboat. If I had to watch that crap I'd burn my season tickets. A good coach would stop that nonsense. I don't know the guy that coaches OKC, but he needs to put a stop to that. There is a such thing as being a good winner.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself! Westbrook came up big while Rondo went awol. You don't think the likes of PP and KG don't showboat when they came up clutch.

Ugh!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook! : Pumping your fist or throwing a teamate a high five is one thing blowing pistol fingers? Really? I hate Kobe and I even rspect the fact he doesn't do crap like that. I can't wait til he does that to your team. Will love to see your reaction.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

If Westbro wore green and the Cs just beat the big, bad highly favored Lakers ... you might not be complaining so much about his antics.

You'd probably join him struttin' his stuff.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well hopefully the team stops losing then they wont have to deal with that crap

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]well hopefully the team stops losing then they wont have to deal with that crap
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Might be in 2020.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i mean i dont really have an issue with it..hes a young player that hasnt had many moments like that..clutch tonite but not overall as a player..he was excited, like norris cole earlier this yr.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]i mean i dont really have an issue with it..hes a young player that hasnt had many moments like that..clutch tonite but not overall as a player..he was excited, like norris cole earlier this yr.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

You may not  have seen it but he has had plenty of clutch moments.  He has had a lot of games he misses shots but he has done some damage a lot as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook! : You may not  have seen it but he has had plenty of clutch moments.  He has had a lot of games he misses shots but he has done some damage a lot as well.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

i have watched ALOT of OKC since theyve became OKC..and i can promise u i  it doesnt happen as often as you think. its always been Kevin Durant and even some Jeff Green. there has even been discussions after games whether or not KD and Westbrook can coexist bc he always tries to be a hero at the end of games.

but hey, it worked today, im not mad at him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook! : You may not  have seen it but he has had plenty of clutch moments.  He has had a lot of games he misses shots but he has done some damage a lot as well.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

i have watched ALOT of OKC since theyve became OKC..and i can promise u ive seen more than 3 or 4 of those moments. its always been Kevin Durant and even some Jeff Green. there has even been discussions after games whether or not KD and Westbrook can coexist bc he always tries to be a hero at the end of games.

but hey, it worked today, im not mad at him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

I remember watching OK City games a couple of years back and thinking they played really well as a team, especially for a young team.

After watching the beginning of the game tonight, it seems like Westbrook has turned into much more of a ball hog over the past couple of years. They'll be needing a true(er) point guard down the road, I'm guessin...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

OKC must be in trouble if they have the best record with a ballhog pg?!! Lucky for Boston that they don't have a ballhog pg. How's that Boston record stand at the moment?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't worry you can hate the idea of Westbrook but we won't be able to get him here even if we wanted.  Did you all see what it is like to have a point guard who can shoot lights out?  Rondo on a talented team can be tolerable with his no perimeter shooting offense, but with this pathetic team offense he is even more of a liability.  This team is hopeless right now.

It is so hard to take because just last year we dominated the first half of the season.  And in the previous three years we always got out to the best starts in the league.

That trade last Febuary signaled the end of this great but all too short era for the Celtics.  Even the trolls could not have imagined we could be so bad.  And it is still amazing these incredible losers are still here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I will take Westbrook anytime over Rondo.  He is a cold blooded scorer and can dunk with authority.  I love his game.  Besides we have so many guys here that like to pass the ball for assist and KG is the biggest PG/SG we have sometimes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I'll take him and DA probably still would too. I think he tried to pry him from OKC after last season which makes me wonder why DA didn't try to trade Rondo & Perk for Westbrook & Green instead of Krstic since he already felt comfortable with Shaq & JON last year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take him and DA probably still would too. I think he tried to pry him from OKC after last season which makes me wonder why DA didn't try to trade Rondo & Perk for Westbrook & Green instead of Krstic since he already felt comfortable with Shaq & JON last year. 
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Dog: Westbro had a falling out during their playoff run last year and that may have given DA what he thought was an opening to try to go after him after the season. No takers.

Prior to that, it seemed that Westbro was not available. Is he now?

My sense is that Rondo would be a nice fit in OKC. And he and Perk could be buddies again.

Note that Rondo didn't take it to Perk this game... and got to the line not at all. Now that would have been an interesting situation.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook! : Dog: Westbro had a falling out during their playoff run last year and that may have given DA what he thought was an opening to try to go after him after the season. No takers. Prior to that, it seemed that Westbro was not available. Is he now? My sense is that Rondo would be a nice fit in OKC. And he and Perk could be buddies again. Note that Rondo didn't take it to Perk this game... and got to the line not at all. Now that would have been an interesting situation. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I guess DA tried to correct a wrong last summer and trade Rondo & Green back to OKC for Westbrook & Perk but they didn't bite and probably just laughed at him. Now that Westrook and Durant have made-up I doubt he's even available anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No way do I want Westbrook! : Why fix something that isn't broken? The Thunder are the #1 team, best record, in the NBA right now.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Why do I say that? Just a guess that the Westbrook-related ball-distribution problems that surfaced in last year's playoff's aren't a thing of the past. He seems a better fit for a #2 guard based on his overall play. Do you think he ever thinks in advance "I'm going to drive left, draw the defense, and set up Serge for a dunk" like CP3 would? If he does that on occasion in a premeditated fashion and I just haven't witnessed it then I withdraw my comment.

They can certainly wait till the playoffs and hope for the best (probably too late to do anything this season anyway).

I'd rather have Westbrook than Rondo for the Celts, though I must confess I'd rather have Nash or Kidd than either (old school I guess!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I remember watching OK City games a couple of years back and thinking they played really well as a team, especially for a young team. After watching the beginning of the game tonight, it seems like Westbrook has turned into much more of a ball hog over the past couple of years. They'll be needing a true(er) point guard down the road, I'm guessin...
    Posted by olivern[/QUOTE]

I believe that Westbrook was a shooting guard in college.   He is definitely not always willing to pass the ball and this happened several times during the playoffs last year.  

Sections
Shortcuts