No Win Situation

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

Re: No Win Situation

OK, I am a long time reader of these posts,just do not comment often. I  really can not decide weather to just tweek line up( which I am leaning towards) or to blow it up.I think a good trade for us would be one of either bass or wilcox, JJJ for Greg Monroe. Monroe is a good young center with upside. JJJ and bass both have a lot of upside and Wilcox is a very good vet when he decides to show up(which he has been pretty good this year) We could throw in a pick oreven maybe include Allen and Ben Gordon.  This would help our inside game tremendously. I also am not a big Howard fan, think he is over rated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

March 15 is gonna be when people's opinions are gonna have weight.
    Given the  freakish nature of this season and the up and down way the C's have and probably will continue to play, until March 15, it's not uncommon for people's opinions on what to do with the C's to go back and forth.
    Case in point:  DA - "We are not a contending team right now."
    If the team can't turn things around soon, Danny will pick up the phone and put out the For Sale sign.
    Link: http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/18/2807233/ainge-were-not-a-contending-team-right-now#storyjump

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If we make the playoff and get swept first round I'm going to be pissed at Aignes for letting that happen.  Making the playoffs is the worst that can happen for this group.  If we can't win it all, then no need to put a bandaid on a wound, just get in the lottery and hope for the best.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: No Win Situation:
    [QUOTE]If we make the playoff and get swept first round I'm going to be pissed at Aignes for letting that happen.  Making the playoffs is the worst that can happen for this group.  If we can't win it all, then no need to put a bandaid on a wound, just get in the lottery and hope for the best.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good post!

With the toughest part of the schedule ahead, I am not 100% certain the C's are a playoff team. I hope they make it! 

If losses start to mount (wheels come off), I would like to see a move that produces another 2012 1st round draft pick.

3-first round draft picks coupled with allot of cap space, would give the C's a huge leg-up next year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to No Win Situation:
    [QUOTE]Some of the fans here say they don't want Ainge to make any moves. But when the playoffs arrive and the Celts get eliminated because the Celts didn't make any moves, those same fans will criticize Ainge for doing nothing. We are a playoff team this year whether we like it or not. So why not tweak the roster and try to win in the playoffs. Some of the fans here have the Lakers' mentality. "We can't win so might as well get swept." Ugh! The Boston Celtics are not quitters!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I honestly, and don’t want to be the prophet of doom, see us going beyond the 1st round in the playoffs even if we make a trade.  And, if it is any consolation, neither will the hated Lakers.  If we could combine our 2 teams…YES !!! (HA!) LA needs a PG and we need a Center.  LA with just Bynum , Gasol and Kobe(Fisher & Artest past their prime & others are mediocre) can win some games but as Bynum & Gasol can relieve eachother and also play together, they are the 2 best combined big men I think since McHale & Parish.  But unless Kobe can score 30+, they are vulnerable.

We, on the other hand, don’t have a Bynum & Gasol.  KG is a Power Forward so we have no one to complete like they do for rebounds. But the rest of our players combined, although not one of them is as good as Kobe and that includes Pierce, Allen & KG, are better so we have a better shooting team but live or die basically with a few exceptions of driving to the basket with Rondo, Pierce or Allen on the jump shot. If we shoot 50% we can win but if not, losing the battle of rebounds we lose.

So, I don’t think LA trading Gasol & getting a PG will win them a championship this year as Bynum, injury prone, has no backup. We could trade Pierce but he broke Bird’s scoring record to be 2nd highest scorer in Cs history so should retire a Celtic and I don’t really know who would want him. I would trade Ray Allen if it would get us Gortat or Kaman & toss in willingly JO and a draft pick and others too but I still don’t think we’d win a championship this year with one of those Biggies.

Rondo for Nash/Gortat or Gasol & we get a PG elsewhere I don’t think still would make us a championship team. Keeping Rondo & having Gasol or DH to whom to toss the ball too would be a different story but no trade is possible to do this. I believe Jeff Green’s return next year will help tremendously.  So, I am almost in favor of standing pat and in the off season part with all or some of the BIG 3 & rebuilt.  And I’m a septuagenarian who knows how much more time I have to be patient for another banner. It’s really too bad we didn’t beat the Lakers in game 7 a few years back because the BIG 3 ain’t gonna do it again and that loss hurts as much as the Red Sox collapse last year & the Patriots losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.  OK, I’ve rambled on enough…..

Sections
Shortcuts