No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce

Just look at the way he's been playing recently... He has been great!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce

In Response to Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce:
    [QUOTE]And some want to amnesty Pierce so that Pierce could go to Europe and retire there. Ha Ha What a joke!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You have tried to trade him to every team in the league, and every one on this board knows it!!  So yeah, what a joke!!  Ugh!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Teams have called DA about Pierce, so naturally, we (the resident' REAL GM's of the Celtics...lol), have been pretending to see what PP could bring.  I for one never thought he'd be traded, I think Ray will be the one to go, and I have felt that way for 3 years.  A moveable contract, and an expiring contract, wouldn't Ray help a playoff-caliber team coming off the bench?  Suppose DAL makes a play for DH soon.......that deal would have to include Terry and Odom.....imagine Ray coming off the bench on DAL during the playoffs - WOW!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce did everything the last three games.  Larry Bird time and we all have to take notice.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Been watching the Celts since the days of Havliceck and Cowens...Pierce brings major attitude - one of my all time favorite Celts, and the guy does bleed Celtic green, seems he really connected with Red...not easy for a guy who grew up next to the LA Forum...ya gotta luv Pablo...so fun to watch...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce : That's why I find it hard to believe that there are so many Paul Pierce haters on this board. How could you be a Celtic fan and a Paul Pierce hater at the same time?

I would never want to see Pierce traded and want to see him retire with the Celtics.  Do you think that Dallas would trade Dirk?  It is the same thing and I would be very upset if this ever happened.  I wouldn't feel the same if Ray was traded.  Although, I still believe that Ray could be a very valuable bench player for the Celtics for several more years. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]And some want to amnesty Pierce so that Pierce could go to Europe and retire there. Ha Ha What a joke!

Indeed. I do want to see him retire as a Celtic. He certainly has earned the right to do so. Hope he keeps up with the good work. His recent games really make him look like Larry Bird.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Because Pauls been with us so long we often overlooked how good he really is. Its not out of the question to place him in the top five best players in the game on a good night. 

I've said fro the begining, this team is going to be very good come playoffs.Keep them all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Arn't U the one who said that it will be better for both teams if PP is going to indy for paul george??paul george??really!!!!now that's a joke!!!I wonder what are u gonna say if the c's will keep winning with allen and rondo!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Teams have called DA about Pierce, so naturally, we (the resident' REAL GM's of the Celtics...lol), have been pretending to see what PP could bring.  I for one never thought he'd be traded, I think Ray will be the one to go, and I have felt that way for 3 years.  A moveable contract, and an expiring contract, wouldn't Ray help a playoff-caliber team coming off the bench?  Suppose DAL makes a play for DH soon.......that deal would have to include Terry and Odom.....imagine Ray coming off the bench on DAL during the playoffs - WOW!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Would love this trade and I say this admitting I've loved Ray Allen !!! But he is, albeit in great shape, older and one dimensional. Terry is a better defender and not the worst 3 pt shooter either and we can always use another big man so Odom could play center occasionally with Garnett. Terry and Odom's PPG 14 and 8 respectively so could make up for loss of Allen's 20+ and give us better defense.

All players are in early 30s so probably not long timers with either teams. In short, I'd do the trade in a heartbeat !!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Why do you want Pau Gasol so badly, I thought the idea was the get younger. Not trade our youngest star (rondo) for another aging power forward. That seems counter productive.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce : We got KG when KG was 31 years old. You didn't notice that we're 4-1 since Rondo was out? We even beat the Pacers without Rondo.  If KG becomes the 2nd best big man on the Celtics then we would be on the same level as the Bulls and Heat.  Pau Gasol solves 2 problems, low post scoring and rebounding. The 1.4 blocks per game would be a bonus.

Trading a tough young player for an aging soft player is dumb. KG was a tough minded player,and a top 5 to 10 player at the time.
    Gasol is a weak minded player,and isn't a top 20 player anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pacers are crazy enough to trade George for  Pierce, what is Danny waiting for. I would do that deal and give them the Clippers #1, and even take back a bad contract, if i had to!! Re: PP to the Pacers??? posted at 1/20/2012 12:42 PM EST kyceltic Posts: 2052 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 1/28/2012  If the Pacers are crazy enough to trade George for  Pierce, what is Danny waiting for. I would do that deal and give them the Clippers #1, and even take back a bad contract, if i had to!!

Bammmm!!  Its a right to the jaw!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce : Who ended up being the soft one in the 2010 NBA Finals Game 7, the one who grabbed 18 rebounds or the one in green who could only produce 3 total rebounds? 

KG was coming off an injury,and 2 years older. KG looked old and injured up that whole series.
    Guess what that was 2 years ago,and how did Pao look last year in the playoffs. Ah something happened with my girl friend,so I better be a no show for 10 playoff games.
    I'm rich and young,but I possibly couldn't get another girl lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I still think that Ainge should move all 3. Get something real good now while they are hot then get junk when they really suck. Sorry fellas but this team is not going to win a champioship this year. Time to rebuild OR get some dam good return so we can sign Howard and Paul next season. Yes wishful thinking but it the way I would go.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No wonder there are teams interested in trading for Pierce : That's why I find it hard to believe that there are so many Paul Pierce haters on this board. How could you be a Celtic fan and a Paul Pierce hater at the same time?

You could not.  Pierce is playing so hard, I worry about how he can maintain this pace without getting some help with his ball handling duties.  I think what he is right now if it continues is more than Kobe could ever do. PP finds ways to beat you without being just a ball hog.