Noah?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Noah?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Eddie Johnson says that the Bulls may be open to moving Noah by the trade deadline this year.

if so, should Ainge make a play for him?

and at what cost?

some background

Noah is 28 year old (which puts him in the Rondo age camp).

he has two more years after this year with $12.2m & $13.4M salary's.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Noah?

If we could go Wallace and a lower first this year and maybe another down the road. Noah would be a good fit here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Eddie Johnson says that the Bulls may be open to moving Noah by the trade deadline this year.

if so, should Ainge make a play for him?

and at what cost?

some background

Noah is 28 year old (which puts him in the Rondo age camp).

he has two more years after this year with $12.2m & $13.4M salary's.

[/QUOTE]

like the thinking. I'm for it. I've always liked his energy and hustle and he's still young.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I would love Noah....for the right price.  He's as hardnosed as they come.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I like him, but he will cost a lot and he is always fighting some nagging injury.  It would make me nervous getting him as he gets older...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

YES! What would we be comfortable giving up for him?

Humphries and our #1 overall pick this year?

I'd do that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Would Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger and Noah be enough?

Possibly, with a bench of Pressey, X, Wallace, Bass and Olynyk..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Would Noah want to be here? Boston would love him, but he HATES KG. I wonder how that would work with Rondo ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What if:

You get Noah for Sullinger, expirings and the Celtics 2015 pick.

Then you'd still have our own 2014 (likely top5) pick to go after another big name, player X, like we did to get Ray Allen.

It would be extremely hard to see Sully go, but that gives us a chance at another big 3 with Rondo, Noah and player X with Green and Bradley as starting role players, perfect for who they are.

Possible player X's:

Aldridge (super-unlikely, but possible if Portland melts down)

Afflalo (definitely available, Orlando would drool at our pick)

Monroe ( definitely availabe and a S&T with Detroit would be doable)

Millsap (who knows what Altanta is ever doing)

Love (definitely a long-shot. BUT what if the Celtics get a top3 pick. That would be hard to pass up if you're minnesota considering Love may walk at the end of his contract. It would be risky for the Celtics, but I think Noah is the kind of defender that can cover up Love's defensive liability. I think Rondo, Noah and Love with Bradley and Green can become a dominant team in the East, enough to convince Love to stay)

Favors (another long-shot, but I don't know if its clear that the Favors/Kanter frontcourt is working out in Utah the way they planned. If we land Jabari ... Utah would absolutely give us either big man for him)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

What if:

You get Noah for Sullinger, expirings and the Celtics 2015 pick.

Then you'd still have our own 2014 (likely top5) pick to go after another big name, player X, like we did to get Ray Allen.

It would be extremely hard to see Sully go, but that gives us a chance at another big 3 with Rondo, Noah and player X with Green and Bradley as starting role players, perfect for who they are.

Possible player X's:

Aldridge (super-unlikely, but possible if Portland melts down)

Afflalo (definitely available, Orlando would drool at our pick)

Monroe ( definitely availabe and a S&T with Detroit would be doable)

Millsap (who knows what Altanta is ever doing)

Love (definitely a long-shot. BUT what if the Celtics get a top3 pick. That would be hard to pass up if you're minnesota considering Love may walk at the end of his contract. It would be risky for the Celtics, but I think Noah is the kind of defender that can cover up Love's defensive liability. I think Rondo, Noah and Love with Bradley and Green can become a dominant team in the East, enough to convince Love to stay)

Favors (another long-shot, but I don't know if its clear that the Favors/Kanter frontcourt is working out in Utah the way they planned. If we land Jabari ... Utah would absolutely give us either big man for him)

[/QUOTE]

Now Afflalo (Born 9/85') is the first smart trade idea you've posted in awhile. Orlando doesn't want to trade him and keep hanging up on interested callers but they would take the call for our #1 pick in 2014 should Danny prefer the sure thing vet SG over the potential of a high draft pick. Buyer beware ... He's a year older than Rondo ... LOL!!!!

Of course, swapping our 2014 #1 pick (unless it's the Brooklyn pick) would almost assure the end of tanking. If Danny can get Afflalo for the Brooklyn Pick then that would be a steal and we'd just need to get that elusive Center to keep us together till the great 2015 FA Center Sweepstakes gets here. And if we got lucky with our own pick we'd get a Parker, Embiid, Wiggins or Hood.

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? You only go get Afflalo in a situation where you also get Noah as that future Center.

If you can somehow get Noah and Afflalo without giving up Sullinger (by using our picks) that would be the most ideal.

Rondo, Afflalo, Green, Sullinger, Noah would be fuuun. Especially if we have Pressey, Bradley, Olynyk, Wallace and Bass off the bench.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Depends upon what you are looking for .... Danny obviously likes the defense that Asik provides. Asik is still doable and adding Asik and Afflalo changes the whole picture!  If you use the Brklyn Pick for Afflalo then you'd have to be able to get Asik for Bass & the Clips 2015 Pick but maybe Houston will come around to that now.

If not Asik then I still maintain that Hawes fits Brad's system nicely and while he's not the answer at C, he's a good offensive center that rebounds well and stretches the floor/spacing for the next year or two until 2015 free agency pool of bigs gets us the long term answer.

Of course you are right that the Center must be had before getting Afflalo ... if that's what you mean?

[/QUOTE]

OK, that is a fair option. Just less aggressive than the Noah ones. You're not going to find many who think Asik is a better option than Noah at C...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends upon what you are looking for .... Danny obviously likes the defense that Asik provides. Asik is still doable and adding Asik and Afflalo changes the whole picture!  If you use the Brklyn Pick for Afflalo then you'd have to be able to get Asik for Bass & the Clips 2015 Pick but maybe Houston will come around to that now.

If not Asik then I still maintain that Hawes fits Brad's system nicely and while he's not the answer at C, he's a good offensive center that rebounds well and stretches the floor/spacing for the next year or two until 2015 free agency pool of bigs gets us the long term answer.

Of course you are right that the Center must be had before getting Afflalo ... if that's what you mean?

[/QUOTE]

OK, that is a fair option. Just less aggressive than the Noah ones. You're not going to find many who think Asik is a better option than Noah at C...

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but I'm not willing to give Hump and two #1 picks for him either like you ... he's simply not worth that much.

[/QUOTE]

Noah would be OK BUT Love is all we need! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but I'm not willing to give Hump and two #1 picks for him either like you ... he's simply not worth that much.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how can you say that. Love plays no defense. We need a defensive center in our frontcourt. Sully and KO aren't enough. We need a Noah.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

YES! What would we be comfortable giving up for him?

Humphries and our #1 overall pick this year?

I'd do that.

[/QUOTE]

Never,too much.I would give Green and a second round.(not sure if salaries match.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

Would Noah want to be here? Boston would love him, but he HATES KG. I wonder how that would work with Rondo ...

[/QUOTE]

KG is long gone.These guys are professionals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Few posters are mentioning given ourfirst pick this year.I doubt Ainge will give it away.Our first pick will be,I guess between 1-7 in a very deep draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Need to have the players around Love to go anywhere. Nothing I've seen from him leads me to believe he'll lead a team deep into the play offs. And he has a decent enough group around him now. 

Even Garnett had trouble there. One season they made a genuine push for the Western Confernce Championship. ONE season. 

He's a great individual player. But I don't think he's that sort of player who will lead a team. Or maybe the culture at the Timberwolves just stinks?

Noah has always been one of my favourite players. Chicago would be mad to trade him as he is their heart and soul. You can't buy or 'train' that sort of intesity that he brings to a game. There is no stat for that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how can you say that. Love plays no defense. We need a defensive center in our frontcourt. Sully and KO aren't enough. We need a Noah.

[/QUOTE]

agree. I'll take aldridge over love