Nobody schooled Jordan like Bird

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Nobody schooled Jordan like Bird

After the first minute twenty it's almost 8 minutes of Bird dominating Jordan.  All that's ever shown on tv reels is the one play were Jordan dribbles between his legs and makes a shot over Bird.  As this video shows, for three years straight Bird destroyed Jordan.  In the post it's a joke.  any ways, an enjoyable watch for those that haven't seen this video yet.  Some great plays with D.J and Mchale as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Nobody schooled Jordan like Bird

Bird was a magnificent player.....if the foot injuries hadn't sideline him....who knows, maybe another title or two..?  ....the display of sheer guts that the entire '87 team displayed is simply unbelievable....if the ref's had called the blatant push off underneath at the end of game 4 the Celtics would probably have gone back to LA up 3-2....not saying the Lakers wouldn't have pulled it out....but I was never so proud of a team like I was that year....my closest friend (Laker fan) told me how disappointed he was that his team couldn't sweep a team with almost an entire roster playing with major injuries...part of the Celtic mystique...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Nobody schooled the entire NBA (including Bird especially when he had those 63 pts. vs Bird and the Celts) Like Mr. Michael Jordan did. Used to hate him but no one as great as him, no one. He eliminated my Lakers in 91.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmki9sURXwY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Nobody schooled Jordan like Bird:
    Nobody schooled the entire NBA (including Bird especially when he had those 63 pts. vs Bird and the Celts) Like Mr. Michael Jordan did. Used to hate him but no one as great as him, no one. He eliminated my Lakers in 91. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmki9sURXwY
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

So, he's better than kobe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Nobody schooled the entire NBA (including Bird especially when he had those 63 pts. vs Bird and the Celts) Like Mr. Michael Jordan did. Used to hate him but no one as great as him, no one. He eliminated my Lakers in 91. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmki9sURXwY
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

Your missing the point.  That 63 point game was in the midst of three straight playoff series where Bird steamrolled Jordan.  He had one self serving performance where his team still didn't win the game and you act as though it was the way those head to head matchups went.  And it wasn't.  Jordan got his but handed to him by Bird in playoff matchups.  The one game Jordan didn't choke his team still lost.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Bird was a magnificent player.....if the foot injuries hadn't sideline him....who knows, maybe another title or two..?  ....the display of sheer guts that the entire '87 team displayed is simply unbelievable....if the ref's had called the blatant push off underneath at the end of game 4 the Celtics would probably have gone back to LA up 3-2....not saying the Lakers wouldn't have pulled it out....but I was never so proud of a team like I was that year....my closest friend (Laker fan) told me how disappointed he was that his team couldn't sweep a team with almost an entire roster playing with major injuries...part of the Celtic mystique...
    Posted by Duke4

I was still pretty young then but I remember it.  It was at the tail end of a four year stretch going to the finals.  Having to go through the east for four years straight took a toll that finally caught up to them.  I think the lakers had to go through the mavericks in the west finals, that was always a joke.  Two completely different paths to the finals.  Bias would have made such a big difference to that team in '87.                

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

my closest friend (Laker fan) told me how disappointed he was that his team couldn't sweep a team with almost an entire roster playing with major injuries...part of the Celtic mystique...
    Posted by Duke4

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

good points on the playoff battles in the East...but be careful.......some Laker fans don't believe that strength of conference has anything to do with getting to the finals.....best to just stay quiet about that subject ok pal...?... now..... everyone in unison........................shhhhhhhhh......

there....that's much better...!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

looks a lot like Dirk schooling the whole NBA in this years finals.

Sections
Shortcuts