Noel goes down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike5says. Show mike5says's posts

Noel goes down

Feel bad for the kid. He was getting into a groove. Acl torn. The reason why I posted. People will back away due to this issue our pick just became a little more valuable right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: Noel goes down

I wonder if he will stay in school for another season to return from his injury and re-establish his draft stock. On the other hand, Kyrie Irving didn't and was still selected number one overall. If he does declare, it will be with good certainty that he is still a top 10 pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was channel surfing between the Bruins game and Kentucky game.  I am very interested in watching him since he is from Massachusetts.  He actually grew up in Everett.  I heard about him a few years ago from a friend. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

I wonder if he will stay in school for another season to return from his injury and re-establish his draft stock. On the other hand, Kyrie Irving didn't and was still selected number one overall. If he does declare, it will be with good certainty that he is still a top 10 pick.

He would be a fool to stay in school and take a chance on getting hurt again. He will still be a top 5 pick.  Take the money while you can get it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So lets see....

Kyrie Irving is still drafted #1 after tearing a ligament in his toe (rehab not as severe as an ACL by the way, but just as likely to affect future perfomance/full recovery)

Rondo has no trade value and can't be moved until he is fully recovered b/c of his injury?

Hmmmm

Those two facts don't add up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to mike5says' comment:

Feel bad for the kid. He was getting into a groove. Acl torn. The reason why I posted. People will back away due to this issue our pick just became a little more valuable right?

A top 3 pick doesn't drop to 17-22 b/c of an ACL injury, chronic back issue? Maybe (haha), but Sully was undersized and overweight to begin with an projected to go 6-12 last year, not top 3.

and if Noel does back to school the draft becomes weaker and our pick even less valuable

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

So lets see....

Kyrie Irving is still drafted #1 after tearing a ligament in his toe (rehab not as severe as an ACL by the way, but just as likely to affect future perfomance/full recovery)

Rondo has no trade value and can't be moved until he is fully recovered b/c of his injury?

Hmmmm

Those two facts don't add up

I didn't say this ... "Rondo has no trade value and can't be moved until he is fully recovered b/c of his injury?" In fact I said the opposite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to mike5says' comment:

A top 3 pick doesn't drop to 17-22 b/c of an ACL injury, chronic back issue? Maybe (haha), but Sully was undersized and overweight to begin with an projected to go 6-12 last year, not top 3.

and if Noel does back to school the draft becomes weaker and our pick even less valuable

It would be great if the Celtics could draft him since he is from Massachusetts, but I still don't see him dropping that significantly in the draft.  We also could use a big man like him who has the potential to be a great player in the NBA.  He may also decide to stay in school for another year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'd like to think that college and education is more vauable in the long run for this kid.  The "what ifs" are almost "if when" for athletes.  Another injury might be the one to end a basketball career, but unless someone else is handling his schoolwork (what am I saying - it's Kentucky and of course someone else is probably doing it!), an education doesn't go away of become less useful and valuable.  If the NCAA really did its job and if professional leagues followed baseball's model and established a significant number of minor leagues, then the kids who didn't want or couldn't qualify (for real) for college wouldn't have to pretend they are students and leave school at the earliest possibe time.  College sports instantly becomes fun for the athletes and the supporters, and thr minors will be better than the D-League because it will be populated by these young guys who can develop without having to sit on a bench for a year or two or get demoted to the D-L and lose a little confidence in the process.  The games will generate a ton of interest and there would be more of them to satisfy basketball junkies.  Colleges and universities can then: a. not have to change coaches very often; b.  not have to pay them exorbitant salaries; c. money not spent on big-time athletics can then go to the general fund. d.  a balance between education and athletics can be found that supports both endeavors.  Sorry for the highjack but the "stay" or "declare" argument just struck me as premature and insensitive about what Noel might want - in his heart.  Everyone likes money, certainly, but is it the overwhelming driving force in everyone's life?  Not really, otherwise we wouldn't have teachers, police officers, and firefighters (or artists, actors, and musicians).  Their dedication, not money keeps them committed.  Again, I apologize.