Not a bad game by Erden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Not a bad game by Erden

He gave the team 10 points along with 7 boards and 4 blocks and ate up a ton of minutes.  Don't get me wrong I don't see huge things for this guy but he seems to be a fairly decent big who doesn't look lost out there.  Which was a lot more then I expected from him.  Nice job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Not a bad game by Erden

In Response to Not a bad game by Erden:
    [QUOTE]He gave the team 10 points along with 7 boards and 4 blocks and ate up a ton of minutes.  Don't get me wrong I don't see huge things for this guy but he seems to be a fairly decent big who doesn't look lost out there.  Which was a lot more then I expected from him.  Nice job.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are offering Theo Ratliff for Semih Erden.

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just some more dept on a already deep team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I expected something from the big guy...he has overseas experience.  Im just waiting for his double double.  Hopefully Shaq can come back soon along with JON and let Semih get a little break.  He is feelingin quit well and i feel will be a good asset for years to come!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Semih's made the most of his opportunity with Shaq out. I'm happy for him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

This kid is going to be a good player, just got to give him more time and games to get the experience. Hats off to Danny for selecting him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

With all the C's centers limpin and gimpin around, I knew Doc was gonna give Semih a starting nod.  After all, you don't walk with your shoulder. 
    According to my calculations, if all of the C's centers are well come March, the Celts will have 2 big 4s.  (KG, PP, RA, and Rondo) & (Shaq, Perk, JO, and Semih)
    Hope it happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

The Turkish Terror has game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Can we finally stop saying Doc doesn't play rookies ? He plays rookies who can play and contribute.

Big game by The Semi

played big minutes and looked solid again.

Watch Avery Bradley start getting big minutes on the 2nd of back to back games and then we can talk about another great Danny Ainge draft pick !

If they're on the roster, they have to be able to play 20 on any given night.

After 23 games, The Semi has been better than PJ Brown - and we all know how PJ saved the season with some big plays in the playoffs. No PJ - no banner #17

Just hope The Semi lasts until JON gets back and then he can rest up for a week or so....

I'm sure Doc didn't plan on playing The Semi this many minutes for the whole year....silver lining or what ?

Lets give Doc credit for playing the rookie.....can't wait to see Avery Bradley eat up some innings soon....

Some things defy human reason or gravity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkuQh3WjHk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In Response to Re: Not a bad game by Erden:
    [QUOTE]Can we finally stop saying Doc doesn't play rookies ? He plays rookies who can play and contribute. Big game by The Semi played big minutes and looked solid again. Watch Avery Bradley start getting big minutes on the 2nd of back to back games and then we can talk about another great Danny Ainge draft pick ! If they're on the roster, they have to be able to play 20 on any given night. After 23 games, The Semi has been better than PJ Brown - and we all know how PJ saved the season with some big plays in the playoffs. No PJ - no banner #17 Just hope The Semi lasts until JON gets back and then he can rest up for a week or so.... I'm sure Doc didn't plan on playing The Semi this many minutes for the whole year....silver lining or what ? Lets give Doc credit for playing the rookie.....can't wait to see Avery Bradley eat up some innings soon.... Some things defy human reason or gravity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkuQh3WjHk
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]
    No because again, Doc only plays rookies when he has no other choice.. or extreme garbage time.  with JON out and Shaq out, the bench plays better with davis coming in with the second unit, and he was forced to play erden...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Stop with this Bradley great draft pick thing. Every time Bradley plays the Celtics are up by 20 points or more. And every time he's playing he always looks to shoot instead of running the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Offense is only part of the game. Bradley dominates on defense. He induces jump balls, he prevents penetrations, he blocks off shooting angles, he works his opponents ragged. He's going to be one of the best defensive guards in the league.

Whether he can shoot and distribute the ball will be the main challenges. I'm not too impressed by his ball-handling skills, passing, or shooting. He constantly seems to be on the verge of losing possession. Some of that could be nerves and lack of experience. Some of it could prove to be the fatal flaws that make him nothing more than Justin Reed 2.0. Right now on offense, he's a man without a position. The coaching staff probably sees this in practice, which helps explain the limited minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Avery Bradley was a scorer in college. Making him play the PG position is like drafting a college wide receiver and making him a cornerback in the pros. 

So far Bradley has shown he has the tools to play PG. The problem is he doesn't have the mentality of a floor general.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

If he continue working hard, low profile, good behaviour and ability to develop a decent communication he will be rewarded in America.
    As an immigrant, he knows what I'm talking about.

Note that...lazy freeloaders!Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Stop with this Bradley great draft pick thing. Every time Bradley plays the Celtics are up by 20 points or more. And every time he's playing he always looks to shoot instead of running the offense.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Bradley may turn out to be a good pick but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he will be a above average player. Erden on the other hand showed me stuff before he got a lot of playing time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Avery Bradley was a scorer in college. Making him play the PG position is like drafting a college wide receiver and making him a cornerback in the pros.  So far Bradley has shown he has the tools to play PG. The problem is he doesn't have the mentality of a floor general.
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

I guess I am missing the "tools" to play PG.  He doesn't look like a pt guard to me at all.  He hasn't shot well, doesn't seem to have court "vision",   he just dribbles up and throws the ball to someone on the wing.  No creation at all.  I hope he turns out, but right now its not there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Love Erden last night! he is finally learning to play some legit D without fouling. Some GREAT blocks last night and the fact that he can knock down FT's is a breath of fresh air. Couldn't be happier with this guy so far.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

When is the last time we saw 41minutes from the 5? Even injured Semi seems to be the real deal! Skill, dedication and guts..a rare combination  as in the Celtic image.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Erden is a important part of our future, Luke is ready to spot play with the starters and could give Paul a break or two, Bradley needs to stop shooting for a while and learn to play his position, Nate is a great option for Rondo and could give us a lift when the offense is bogged down like last night, comeon doc, Daniels played better but he still looks a little disconnected on offense.  Shack and JO should be back against NY.  We really need West back soon, he makes a big difference on both units.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Learning to speak the language better, adjusting to a new culture and the NBA, playing with a shoulder that could come out of its socket at any time.  Can't be discouraged on what we've seen given all of the things he's needed to adjust to.   

I'd like to see this guy flourish after he has surgery and after he gets used to the NBA.  He will be a contributor for a long time. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Semi is the best all around big man the Cs have drafted in a while.  I didnt think he was that good after watching the international championships but he has some skills.  Another good pick up by DA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

wouldn't we liked to have had him last year in game 7 instead of Sheldon Williams.  Could have been the case - they had his draft rights the last 2 years, but did not sign him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]wouldn't we liked to have had him last year in game 7 instead of Sheldon Williams.  Could have been the case - they had his draft rights the last 2 years, but did not sign him.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Semi has been a back up in the Turkish league averaging around 7 points and 4.5 boards a game in 20 minutes or so.  It isn't odd that Ainge thought he needed more seasoning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

if he was a backup in the turkish league, how did he make the turkish national team?  that doesn't compute

Sections
Shortcuts