Not convinced Wiggins is worth tanking for anyway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not convinced Wiggins is worth tanking for anyway

Watching the limited action from the KU games, the kid isnt doing much other than dunking without a defender near him... save that, hes not shooting well either.. I expected to be wowed with such hype surrounding this kid.

Lebron was a beast in HS and delivered in the NBA ... not many others have..

Wilt went for 42 points and 29 rebs in his first scrimmage against the KU varsity... Wilts freshman team won the game and the basketball world was put on notice..

So why is Wiggins all the rage again??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Not convinced Wiggins is worth tanking for anyway

Shhhhhh

The real prize is Jabari Parker.

Wiggins is a distraction!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

i don't think anyone is trying to convince you. this isn't 1955 and Wiggins isn't a 7 foot black man playing against 5-5 white kids. things are a little different these days. 

12 teams weren't sold on an 18 year old Kobe Bryant either...

Also Paul Pierce.

But HEY! LOOK! Another raw 7'er! Big raw Centers always pan out! Get Embiid!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

i don't think anyone is trying to convince you. this isn't 1955 and Wiggins isn't a 7 foot black man playing against 5-5 white kids. things are a little different these days. 

12 teams weren't sold on an 18 year old Kobe Bryant either...

Youre missing my point..

Wiggins is talked about ala Lebron, Len Bias et al, like hes head & shoulders above the rest and a sure NBA all star... many seems to think hes the biggest draft prize in a long time...

I just havent seen it watching the KU highlights to date,,.  so I asked, whats all the rage over?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

I doubt very much if the general manages are spending much time thinking about who the number one pick will be next June. But for those teams that seem to be destined for the bottom of the pack I'll venture that  many of them will be hoping for a shot at a top 5 pick as determined at the END of the 2013-14 season.

Seems

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The College game doesn't always translate to the NBA.  Wiggins has all the tools and athleticism to make an immediate impact and be a very special NBA player.  Comparatively, Michael Jordan only averaged 13 points and 1 assist in his freshman year at NC.

But I'm feeling that the Celtics will end up with Marcus Smart another special player who will greatly improve this team on day one.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Have any KU games even been on, yet????  What highlights have you been watching??? Wiggins is a freshman this year

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'd be happy with a top 5 pick this year.  I haven't seen Wiggins play in a game yet, so I can't say either way.  Marcus Smart looks intriguing, but his shooting leaves a bit to be desired.  Looking forward to seeing Parker as well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Watching the limited action from the KU games, the kid isnt doing much other than dunking without a defender near him... save that, hes not shooting well either.. I expected to be wowed with such hype surrounding this kid.

Lebron was a beast in HS and delivered in the NBA ... not many others have..

Wilt went for 42 points and 29 rebs in his first scrimmage against the KU varsity... Wilts freshman team won the game and the basketball world was put on notice..

So why is Wiggins all the rage again??

There is a big difference between high school and college

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Not sure about Wiggins either. Seems his biggest asset is his athleticism, and that's not enough for the NBA - teams/coaches can and will neutralize. The greats all have athleticism and a great ball IQ. Not convinced Wiggins mentality right mental make up to dominate at the NBA level. Parker on the other hand seems to be crafty and mentally tough. Probably too soon to be drawing conclusions though...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The point is, if you get a top 5 pick this year you'll get a nice pick.  Even top 10 will be good.

weve got a year to see who looks good. Well know more after ku plays duke.

Sections
Shortcuts