Not five. Not six. Not seven........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Not five. Not six. Not seven........

I owe Lebron an apology. I thought he was being an arrogant little punk. As it turns out, he was just talking about how many points he was going to score in game 4 of the this year's Finals. Eight.

Can we just give this this Michael Jordan insanity a rest now? He is just not wired that way. LeBron is fraud. He is a soft quitter that has far more arrogance and self entitlement than heart and drive.

He has proven once again that he is not the best player in the league. Or even close. Hell, he isn't even the best player on his own team. Yet, somehow, everyone will forget this 10 minutes from now. Again. Because ESPN told them to.

Seriously, how many times does this cycle have to play out before people realize what Lebron is? He is a fine sidekick that benifits from playing with a different set of rules from everyone else. People can talk about star treatment. But Lebron is afforded a competitve advantage by the refs/league that is unprecedented in the history of the NBA. As a result, Stern has turned wht should be a second tier star into a superstar.

But at the end of the day, he is what he is. He's Vince Carter with a bigger mouth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........

D Wade = Shaq (Batman)
    LeBron  = Kobe  (Robin)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........:
    [QUOTE]D Wade = Shaq (Batman) LeBron  = Kobe  (Robin)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I despise Kobe about as much as athlete. He's definitely in my top ten. But I think he's proven that he has a competitive fire and killer instinct that is equal to almost any player that has ever played. Two things LeBron will never have.

Seriously, take a look at that 2010 Lakers team. The fact that Kobe could drag that group of guys to game 7 of the Finals is pretty impressive. The Lakers were a decent team. But not championship caliber.

Thats what great players do. They carry teams. Something LeBron has never done. And I doubt he ever will. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

It was only game 4,and Lebron has 2 or maybe 3 games to shut you up. You never start talking crap ,until its over so you dont jinx it.
    He has alot of time,and if Miami wins at home, He will be a champion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

[QUOTE]D Wade = Shaq (Batman) LeBron  = Kobe  (Robin)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I gotta disagree here.  Kobe's definitely not a quitter like LeBron is turning out to be.  I'd agree moreso if Kobe left the Lakers after saying he didn't want to play with Shaq (like lebron did with Mike Brown). 

Or if Kobe then went and played with Lebron or Wade. And Shaq.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Riding Dwayne Wade's coat tails to a title will not change my opinion of him.

I never thought Kobe would become what he's become. So LeBron's got a chance to rewrite his legacy. I think it's highly unlikely given his mental makeup. Anything can happen. But It's not going to happen this year.

If Dallas wins tonight Miami is done. Save for injuries or intervention from Stern.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

Nah, if Dallas wins tonight Miami still has a good shot of taking both games back home.  It happened last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]Nah, if Dallas wins tonight Miami still has a good shot of taking both games back home.  It happened last year.
    Posted by cofj[/QUOTE]

And LA needed help from the refs. What were the numbers again? 37-14 Something like that?

Like I said, if Dallas wins tonight I don't see Miami taking this series without help or Mavs injuries. Especially with Soft and Softer over there on Miami with LeBron and Bosh.

I never thought I'd say this. But it seems like Dallas has gotten a lot tougher. Haven't seen the games. But that's what everyone is saying. And it's hard to imagine them being any softer than the Heat. Should be interesting to see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

LA didn't need or get help from the refs.  An old Celtics team got into early foul trouble by making tired plays. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Lebron is highly overrated; the guy has great physical tools, but he is not as polished as Kobe or DWade. The difference is that those other two guys can dribble great in traffic, do a killer cross over, and launch right into their jump shots, smoothly and make the shot. Lebron travels too much and does not have the dribbling skills to make him an elite player. he is a great player but not an elite player, and there is a difference. He also does not have the killer temperment of a Jordan or a DWade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]LA didn't need or get help from the refs.  An old Celtics team got into early foul trouble by making tired plays. 
    Posted by cofj[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and OJ is still looking for real killers.

You can't rationally defend 37-17. There is absolutely no way there were that may more fouls comitted by the Celtics.

I wouldn't want to admit it either if my team had been handed a title they didn't earn. But your protests wont change reality. You are living in denial.

USA vs USSR the sequel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Miami wont choke like Boston did last year at home!!! This big three in Miami will win more championships then the old washed up one in Boston

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Miami wont choke like Boston did last year at home!!! This big three in Miami will win more championships then the old washed up one in Boston
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

Won't choke? Did you sleep through game 2? Game 4? Lebron choked away another 4th in game 5, the game HE called "the biggest of his life", way to show it with only 2 garbage time points in the games deciding quarter with the real star of the Heat hobbled. Way to step up.

Lebron is a coward, he's showing it more and more with the way he acts, and more importantly, the way he plays...or seemingly can't when it matters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........ : Yeah, and OJ is still looking for real killers. You can't rationally defend 37-17. There is absolutely no way there were that may more fouls comitted by the Celtics. I wouldn't want to admit it either if my team had been handed a title they didn't earn. But your protests wont change reality. You are living in denial. USA vs USSR the sequel.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

I like most of your points, but have to interject here. The Cs were settling for far too many jumpers when LA was attacking the rim, that will ALWAYS lead to more free throws. I've been hearing Cs fans bring this up all year and it's just not true. Sure, there was typically bad officiating, and maybe the Lakers benefitted more than the Cs, but only because their style of play was more condusive to getting calls. The numbers are skewed bacause the Cs were playing too passively. At any rate, water under the bridge...don't let Boston turn into a culture of whining fans, me, you, we're all better than that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtweed35. Show jtweed35's posts

Not ANY is what they just said on Dennis/Callahan ! He nev er said how MANY they would win - he said " Not 5 , not 6 , etc " but never stated how many theyde won , a - hahahhaha - so he was telling us " NOT ANY " !!!!!!!! Cool

James Tweedie Bar Harbor Me

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Riding Dwayne Wade's coat tails to a title will not change my opinion of him. I never thought Kobe would become what he's become. So LeBron's got a chance to rewrite his legacy. I think it's highly unlikely given his mental makeup. Anything can happen. But It's not going to happen this year. If Dallas wins tonight Miami is done. Save for injuries or intervention from Stern.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Dallas winning the championship.  They have good outside shooters and should be able to win at least one game in Miami.   In this series, LeBron is proving how overrated he is.  Miami is only winning games because of Wade.  LeBron hasn't been clutch in the 4th quarter when it really matters. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........ : I like most of your points, but have to interject here. The Cs were settling for far too many jumpers when LA was attacking the rim, that will ALWAYS lead to more free throws. I've been hearing Cs fans bring this up all year and it's just not true. Sure, there was typically bad officiating, and maybe the Lakers benefitted more than the Cs, but only because their style of play was more condusive to getting calls. The numbers are skewed bacause the Cs were playing too passively. At any rate, water under the bridge...don't let Boston turn into a culture of whining fans, me, you, we're all better than that.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear! You're quite right.
    Notice how Dallas, which is considered a jumpshooting team, is nevertheless driving to the basket quite a lot and consequently they don't have a FT deficit?
    The Cs just played the wrong way in that series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatchoice. Show fatchoice's posts

I think LeBaron is more interested in becoming a billionaire than winning titles. He will never risk his healthy in any significant way, trust me on this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

LeBron hasn't been clutch in the 4th quarter when it really matters.

He sure looked clutch to me against Boston and Chicago. I'm not ready to declare him a failure yet, until after the Mavericks secure one more victory. It is very premature to be delivering any eulogies. Even if the Mavericks win the championship this year, the core of the Heat still has 5-6 years to win rings, whereas this is probably the last stand for Dallas. The next several years will be a battle between the Knicks (once they add Chris Paul) and Heat in the East (with occasional noise from the Bulls), and the Lakers (once they add Dwight Howard) and Thunder in the West. Our Celtics are done for awhile, which is what makes last year's Finals all the more painful. I would have been satisfied with two championships from this group. One doesn't quite validate them, although is still better than nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It isn't about Lebron. It's about the heat and the mavs. This has been a great great series. Each team has won "must win" games. I feel that this Sunday the mavs will win it. The only bad thing about this series is that Mark Jackson is the color guy.Jackson is the absolute worst at being objective. I swear Jackson wants lebron to be the father of his children. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Miami wont choke like Boston did last year at home!!! This big three in Miami will win more championships then the old washed up one in Boston
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

What a stupid comparison.Garnett and Allen came to bosto on the end of theirs careers.Lebron and Bosh on pick of theirs.Of course you have chance of winning more titles than our big threes.Will they? maybe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]He sure looked clutch to me against Boston and Chicago. Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Hitting contested step back 3 pts if you are an avereage jump shooter doesn't make you clutch. This is simply called luck. Clutch also doesn't mean that you hit all shoots in clutch time (that is statistically impossible).
    Beeing clutch means that you can make it to your sweet spots and make this shots under great pressure and against focused defense within your average shooting percentage. Or recognize the double coming and find your open jump shooters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't seen the games. But that's what everyone is saying. And it's hard to imagine them being any softer than the Heat. Should be interesting to see what happens.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

All high and mighty with NBA and LeBron analysis and you haven't seen the games??!!  Full of hot air, aren't you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........ : Hitting contested step back 3 pts if you are an avereage jump shooter doesn't make you clutch. This is simply called luck. Clutch also doesn't mean that you hit all shoots in clutch time (that is statistically impossible). Beeing clutch means that you can make it to your sweet spots and make this shots under great pressure and against focused defense within your average shooting percentage . Or recognize the double coming and find your open jump shooters.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Nicely said... Ive posted a few times that Lebrons big 3's against the Celts & Bulls were out of character shots for him that normally would not fall. He was very hot and now the law of averages is catching up.

He was taking very poor shots that just happened to be falling for him. Maybe Reggie Miller would be the only other player that could drain shots like that...  was just a matter of time for reality to set in.

With 2 games left, Lebron can do wonders for his image and legacy. Generally speaking, I like his game alot better now than past years. He was always the black hole with the ball...now he plays much better team ball and I appreciate his passing skills much more as well.  Hes defining himself more in the Magic Johnson mold than MJ. His problem is...fans want to see him take over in the 4th by scoring points...and Lebron doesnt see it that way.  When its all said and done, the guy putting up the p[oints 99% of the time is the player that'll be recognized as being great & clutch

One other thing, Im still trying to figure how Lebron is such a physical specimen... WHen I look at him, he has wide shoulders and skinny arms.  HE physically doesnt look any more imposing than most other NBA players... Is it the fact the refs allow him to drive into other players and knock them over which labels him so strong???

I really dont get it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not five. Not six. Not seven........ : Yeah, and OJ is still looking for real killers. You can't rationally defend 37-17. There is absolutely no way there were that may more fouls comitted by the Celtics. I wouldn't want to admit it either if my team had been handed a title they didn't earn. But your protests wont change reality. You are living in denial. USA vs USSR the sequel.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

See the thing is, I don't have to rationally defend 37-17.  You have to rationally ATTACK it.  And conspiracy theories about the refs wanting the Lakers to win are not rational. 

I guess that 38-10 FTA difference during the 08 Finals (in favor of the Celtics) sits well with you though.

Sections
Shortcuts