Not missing Doc!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Not missing Doc!

I have to say if you remember the lean years I couldn't stand Doc, he wouldn't develop young players, when gomes and Perk and Al needed minutes he was playing Scalabum. He single handedly ruined Mark Blount. I sat through plenty of games when Blount would have 12 points in the first half, would rebound and then the second half would go down and did Blount get touches? NO. Here's the thing about bigs, if you don't share the ball with them they don't rebound. He lost Blount. Blount is out of the league because of Doc. He refused to play certain guys, he was just a puzzle and it drove me crazy. Good riddance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Not missing Doc!

blount was horrible...stone hands...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I agree Doc was not the best at developing young players.  He's much more  comfortable going pedal to the metal with established vets, which is why he should be a good match with the Clips.

Because we're in full fledged rebuilding mode, I'm glad Doc has moved on.  Stevens next year is probably as perfect a choice as DA could have made.  Low expectations short term and, based on what I've been reading about him, tons of potentiial to be realized mid to long term.  It's a a gamble, but a calculated one, and I expect more moves of  this kind by DA over the next 1-2 years.

New deal.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Having said that, I also don't miss Doc because he doesn't want to be a Celtic anymore.

No player or coach is bigger than the Boston Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

That's a lame-azz critique from Doc's biggest supporter here at BDC.

Fungus got jilted. Boo  hoo!

If doc were still here, you would have few if any criticisms at all... except toward those who dared to critique your FAV coach.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I just hope the new guy gives a better pregame interview.  One that doesn't end in "oh, thanks."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Having said that, I also don't miss Doc because he doesn't want to be a Celtic anymore.

No player or coach is bigger than the Boston Celtics.

If doc were still here, you would have few if any criticisms at all... except toward those who dared to critique your FAV coach.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Remember Fungus said we're stuck with Doc for the next 3 years cause he isnt going anywhere...so get used to it.. LOL  What a dipsh**

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

I have to say if you remember the lean years I couldn't stand Doc, he wouldn't develop young players, when gomes and Perk and Al needed minutes he was playing Scalabum. He single handedly ruined Mark Blount. I sat through plenty of games when Blount would have 12 points in the first half, would rebound and then the second half would go down and did Blount get touches? NO. Here's the thing about bigs, if you don't share the ball with them they don't rebound. He lost Blount. Blount is out of the league because of Doc. He refused to play certain guys, he was just a puzzle and it drove me crazy. Good riddance.

+1...well said and on the money

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pud

Like I said, pud, no player or coach is bigger than the Boston Celtics.

I'm a Celtic fan first and a Paul Pierce fan second. 

Right now Brad Stevens is the perfect coach for this Celtics team.

And there's always a chance Doc will return to the Celts in the future.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently Fungus wants doc back. Now that's a hoot!

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts