Not only coming back, but for multiple years?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Not only coming back, but for multiple years?

So ESPN has a ticker saying Doc is in discussions for a 'multi-year' extension.....

Something must be in the works on a player aspect.  What has Doc wanting to stay past next year, interesting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Not only coming back, but for multiple years?

No idea, maybe he just likes Boston.

I honestly don't see any of the Big-3 leaving over the offseason. This is probably the last season they'll be together. 

Maybe Ainge promised he'd compete for Dwight Howard following next season. Who knows.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Whatever we have to do, there are RFA'S like DeAndre Jordan and Thaddeus Young. Good defenders that can rebound and catch serious alley-oops. Getting younger through trades seems to be the best route as well. The announcement of doc coming back for more than one year shows that there is something in the works.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

That 6 million with JO is tough, because he can be a great defender. The problem is that he will never be healthy, and he's gonna be harder to move than any other player we have. We definitely need to let glen walk and sign someone who can hit the boards more adequately. It's going to be interesting to see how they navigate the offseason.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Since we're out already, there's a possibility of trades up until july 1st. They say that we need to get younger and more athletic, but that takes money and cap space. It just doesn't seem like the Big 3 and young additions can coincide with one another. So either the brass (doc/danny) are feeding us crap about youth, or they're looking to move some players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from swilldozer. Show swilldozer's posts

hopefully doc let DA know any future trades must be cleared with him first - he never wouldve traded perk (or nate - he was great off the bench - anybody remember?) with perk the heat wouldnt have contantly driven the lane, with nate rondo's injury wouldnt have meant instant game over. am i wrong?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Danny also sounds like he's going to approach the Big 3 with a nothing's sacred attitude. If we can keep two of the three, rondo, west and green, we could definitely make strides in the right direction. That or we'll just wait it out with the same group and gamble on old bodies staying in tact.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If he's coming back for a multi-year gig, let's all remind ourselves now that Doc can coach, he just needs the talent.  Fairweather fans will turn on him once the rebuild starts.  Let's hope DA can get some talent to rebuild. 

If Doc is coming back, he must feel optimistic about DA's ability to get some new talent in here pretty quick because I can't imagine he wants to go back to the 28-54 days. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Not only coming back, but for multiple years?:
    [QUOTE]That 6 million with JO is tough, because he can be a great defender. The problem is that he will never be healthy, and he's gonna be harder to move than any other player we have. We definitely need to let glen walk and sign someone who can hit the boards more adequately. It's going to be interesting to see how they navigate the offseason.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

I believe that Jon and Shaq will both retire during the summer.  I would be surprised if this doesn't happen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is all part of one plan starting with the Perk trade. We all looked at each other like DA was crazy doing this on Doc's last year. I think there's a trade already well underway. Now let's see.......a deal that sent Perk/Nate packing and solidified DOC for three years? D Howard? If not him it's going to be something big......I can't see DOC starting over again. Whatever it is get's them back into the mix NEXT YEAR!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Since Doc is apparently signing before any big deal for a player is made... its doubtful DH  or any other player of magnitude is causing Doc to stay... because he'd wait until they were signed first or simultaneously

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]hopefully doc let DA know any future trades must be cleared with him first - he never wouldve traded perk (or nate - he was great off the bench - anybody remember?) with perk the heat wouldnt have contantly driven the lane, with nate rondo's injury wouldnt have meant instant game over. am i wrong?
    Posted by swilldozer[/QUOTE]

actually, yes, you are wrong on this. doc was involved in the decision to trade perk. he talked about how he and ainge anguished over the decision. also, nate was a horrible backup PG. he's not really a PG in fact. he's a shooting guard trapped in a midget's body. he never could run the offense.