Not scared of chicago at all.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Not scared of chicago at all.

Rose is amazing, but can only go right. If a team defense can make Lebron look bad, Rose can get the same treatment. Lebron is actually a better passer than Rose and we handled him easily last year. What Rose does have is HEART. thats what makes him dangerous. He is a winner. He finds a way.

Next on the list, does anyone remember how Shaq humilated the bulls last year in the first round? Thats right, Noah got owned by a 37 year old Shaq. Look it up.

Then theres carlos boozer. let me say, he is the MOST OVERRATED all star in the NBA. After cheering for him wen he was on the Jazz and hopelessly watching him get outmuscled by who??!?! pau gasol. Boozer shrinks in the spotlight and will no doubt do it again. Biggest choker in the league. KG should have his way with boozer in a series.

The scary part: Loul Deng.  He has the length to both Pierce and has improved his jumper. watch out for Deng. the second best player on the bulls.

oh and keithe bogans.......who?! oh thats right the worst statistical shooter in the NBA. Its been proven he is the worst shooter who takes a starter's share of shots.

So basically u got Rose who is a their superstar, but our team defense can stop anyone and Deng who always plays well against us. but the rest of this team is NOTHING TO FEAR AT ALL.  boozer and noah will be the reason they lose. KG and Shaq (a BIG if healthy) would abuse them.

my thoughts on the most overrated team in the league. Miami is more dangerous honestly.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Re: Not scared of chicago at all.

u better b scared!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

And I don't believe that Rose has his mind on joining another team.

Remember the Jordan Bulls were the best one two punch of the their era. Maybe Rose and Deng could emulate this.

Detroit quite arrogantly believed they had the Bulls number and thought that the '91 Conference Finals would be no different. Write off the Bulls at your peril methinks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Maybe you're not scared, but my eyes are bugging out.
    If we have a 20-25 minute serviceable Shaq, they may recede back into my sockets.
    But Chicago has a lot going for it right now.
    Thibs
    Rose
    No big egos
    Team driven
    Defense

No two ways about it, it's gonna be tough

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all.:
    Maybe you're not scared, but my eyes are bugging out. If we have a 20-25 minute serviceable Shaq, they may recede back into my sockets. But Chicago has a lot going for it right now. Thibs Rose No big egos Team driven Defense No two ways about it, it's gonna be tough
    Posted by breaktime

I agree 100% I don't think we have to be "scared" of the Bulls, but that team is NOT to be taken lightly. I think they're 1 game behind the Spurs if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just not convinced at this time Shaq could be productive in a long grueling series at this point in his career.

Whether we want to believe it or not, the Bulls are the real deal. They play defense at a high level. The players on that team believe in Thibs and buy into his defensive philosophy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Where do you think Chicago would be if they had gotten Lebron? #1 in the east? Somehow I don't think so. Lebron going south may have been a blessing in disguise for Chicago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Rose was in such a zone in that past game. He was throwing up bad shots, shooting 3's from the hip and everything was going in. But the Celtics D will figure out how to collapse on him...and then we will see what his teammates can do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The Bulls are the best team in the East. Better than us.
    And by the way, I TOLD YOU ALL SO about Shaq. Calf injuries take about three weeks to heal. Good chance he will miss round 1 and be back for our elimination in round 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the key to the bulls is BOOZER.  he can't deal with KG or score on him.  BOOZER has never taken a team deep in the playoffs.  maybe he can ride rose's talent?  not all the way, at some point, chicago will have to have a consistent inside presence to get far into the playoffs.  and my instincts tell me that boozer will soil the sheets rather than produce.  or get injured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Don't know what game you all were watching the other night, but Chicago is a much better team right now than the Celtics.  Much better.  Boston was not a threat to them at any time in that game, regardless of how close the score was through the first 3.

Fear or not, Chicago is the real deal.  They're probably going to win the east.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

the key to the bulls is BOOZER.  he can't deal with KG or score on him.  BOOZER has never taken a team deep in the playoffs.  maybe he can ride rose's talent?  not all the way, at some point, chicago will have to have a consistent inside presence to get far into the playoffs.  and my instincts tell me that boozer will soil the sheets rather than produce.  or get injured.
    Posted by aciemvp

finally someone gets it.

let me guess, all those who think the bulls are clearly better thought cleveland was clearly better too. 

and u forgot how cleveland ran laps around us in the regular season.

different team. same deal.

I can't believe u guys would bet on Deng over our Captain Pierce. u bet on carlos boozer over KG (the most intense, wild, and driven player in the league.

Your betting on keith bogans over RAY ALLEN.

and most of all, you doubters believe that Rose can singlehandedly defeat our Team DEFENSE. 

Wow. I must say I'm disgusted.

oh and to add, Il take D-West, Jeff Green, Big Baby Davis, Krstic/JO over gibson, watson, korver.

to add to how messed up people picking chicaco over boston is, your betting on a team that hasnt made it past the first round in how many years? over a team that has a core with a Championship and High Pressure Game Experience.

but go ahead, bet on kieth bogans outclassing Ray.

Personally Il take the team that knows what it takes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I will too, Btown.  I admit I'm nervous about those Bulls after last week.  But I also know our Celtics will be a totally different team from the one that lost.  We have a history of finding ways to win games, particularly over other elite teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Thats right Ms.

its the difference between 1 team thats been there and 1 team that hasnt. The Celtics know when the games really begin.

tomoro vs. miami will be a nice warm up. i dont expect Doc to stretch the minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Celtics played Thursday night as a team looking not to get hurt.  They missed a ton of shots that could have went down.  Pierce was off his game.  Celtics will get by the Knicks in the 1st round in 5 games.  Win game 1 & 2 in Miami and win that series in 5.  Go to Chicago and win game 1 and win that series in 6 games.  Then its off to LA and that will go 7 again.  Networks want Celtics Lakers again and the NBA wants it again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls could beat us but anyone who thought the Celtics played their best other night is a moron.  We missed shot after easy shot, did not cover the three line and let Rose and his team beat us at our own game.

In the playoffs if we let Rose score his points and shut down the rest we will win handily.  I see this as a real strategy and it will work.  

Not a guarantee for sure but how could you judge the Celtics on one game. I won't be judging on tomorrow's game I know better. They could be off and when the playoffs start as they did last year right themselves and win this thing with all of you jumping for joy saying I knew they could do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rose, and Deng worry me the most out of that team.

If Shaq cannot come back it makes Rose more difficult to handle. What likely is to happen though Shaq fills back inand stands as the anchor of it all. 

Pierce overall has to play better on Deng. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The Bulls could beat us but anyone who thought the Celtics played their best other night is a moron.  We missed shot after easy shot, did not cover the three line and let Rose and his team beat us at our own game. In the playoffs if we let Rose score his points and shut down the rest we will win handily.  I see this as a real strategy and it will work.   Not a guarantee for sure but how could you judge the Celtics on one game. I won't be judging on tomorrow's game I know better. They could be off and when the playoffs start as they did last year right themselves and win this thing with all of you jumping for joy saying I knew they could do it.
    Posted by concord27

Did Boston just play bad in the game. Or did the Bulls force them to play bad with their defence? They came out and beat the Spurs but have lost to a lot of average teams, and then were smashed by Chicago. Something Rivers really needs to work on.

Interesting in regards to letting Rose get his points. Almost similar to what happened when the Celtics played the Bulls in 1986. However this Bulls side is very strong. Stronger than the '86 team in regards to playing as a team.

Interesting that early on everyone was talking about Miami. Now Chicago has come from the blind side and taken the East by surprise. They really do play well as a team and the guys seem to genuinely get on well with one another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The play-offs will be different. Minutes will take a back seat to winning. There are no back to backs, and it is unlikely that the Celtics will play as bad on offense and on defense. The Chicago series will be a battle, and may go six or seven games. However, if we have both of our centers, I like the Celtics chances.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"my thoughts on the most overrated team in the league. Miami is more dangerous honestly"

A very wrongheaded post. 

I'll give you one reason why the Bulls are more dangerous: 

1. They know who is going to have the ball in the closing seconds. Wade and Lebron haven't figured this out. 

I'll give you more: 

2. Bulls are a deeper team

More:

3. Bulls are much more defensively intense

More: 

4. Their head coach knows a thing or two about our team. 

The Bulls are not only better than Miami they are a worse matchup for us. 

The Bulls will advance farther in the playoffs this year than the Heat. 

The Bulls are not impossible to beat, but you should have a healthy respect for them. If you don't know, you will when these playoffs are done.

The Heat need another offseason to fit the right pieces in. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Anyone with the opinion the Bulls are not to be taken seriously just isnt too basketball savvy.  That doesnt mean they will win the east or even their first round series... Same could be said for us.  Anything can happen in the playoffs...

However, just discounting the Bulls because we can focus our defense on them or Tibs has never been head coach of a champions etc is nonsense imo.

Think about Doc and his legacy as head coach prior to 2008... you can say much worse about him, not to mention KG/PP/RA and their history of winning championships... it just doesnt matter...

Bulls are serious threat because they have the best player in the game, play great team defense, are peaking & playing with tons of enthusiasm & confidence.  They blew past the Celtics in the standings and just blew our doors off this week in Chicago.. What the heck else can they do that could possibly make them more serious contenders???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

the difference between 1 team thats been there and 1 team that hasnt.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Very true.

But. There comes a time when all the experience in the world doesn't help a team from being beaten by a younger side.

Not discounting the Celtics but they'll have to play very good basketball in the play offs which goes without saying. They'll really have to channel the spirit of the '87 team which overcame a very tough Pistons side to make it out of the East.

Deng may have some advantage over Pierce because he is much younger. However Pierce really does lift in the play offs.

Chicagos biggest advantage is Thibodeau. He knows the Celtics and having been with the team for 3 years, gives the Bulls a lot of inside knowledge. That must be a big advantage for Chicago in sense that Thibodeau knows KG, Pierce, Rondo, Allen etc. Perhaps Green will be an x-factor seeing he's new in Boston?

I don't know what way this series will go. If it even happens. One thing is that if the Celtics have the Bulls on the ropes, they ought to finish them as soon as they can, and not slacken off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

And they also have Joakim Noah, who is much better looking than Garnett.

Sections
Shortcuts