Notable NBA Big Men with Navicular foot injury!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Notable NBA Big Men with Navicular foot injury!

Gg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Notable NBA Big Men with Navicular foot injury!

Take Embiid later in the 1st round if he is still available - but - do not take him at 6! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

None of the players on that list were the same after their injury! 

Very unfortunate turn of events for Embiid! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

One NBA GM picking in Top 10 on Embiid: "My medical people told me flat-out not to take him."
    — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) June 20, 2014

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if Ainge use pick 6 on Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

DA was around two of the players on that list - K. McHale and B. Walton! 

It will be interesting to witness Thursday night unfold!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if Ainge use pick 6 on Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

That would be a huge mistake.  We cannot come out of this draft with nothing.  If Vonleh, Gordon, Smart, or Exum are there at 6, use the pick on one of them....not Embiid, whose body is falling apart after 1 season of 30+ games.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

With over 1500 bones in the foot, stress fractures are different for everybody. My experience with foot stress fractures are with my youngest son he missed his junior year with a stress fracture in his foot and came back and played well enough his senior year to get some scholarship offers. Some players come back fine and others never recover. It seems the older players are when they get the more detrimental effect on recovery. 

Either way I take a chance on Embiid, if he's there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I don't want him anymore. You can't use a top ten pick on a guy that just had back issues and now has a serious foot injury. You just can't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With over 1500 bones in the foot, stress fractures are different for everybody. My experience with foot stress fractures are with my youngest son he missed his junior year with a stress fracture in his foot and came back and played well enough his senior year to get some scholarship offers. Some players come back fine and others never recover. It seems the older players are when they get the more detrimental effect on recovery. 

[/QUOTE]

How many games do kids play in a high school season?  Embiid has lower back stress fractures and foot stress fractures after 1 year of 30 games.  How do you think he will respond playing an 82 game schedule?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How many also had back issues, how many only played one year of college only to skip the tournament entirely?

Taking Embiid in the top ten would be dumb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why would the other Ainge (Austin) came out today with a headline story on Boston.com that the medical staff has the biggest say in the past such that they would not have picked Oden or Brandon Roy?  Are they preemptively preparing everyone on the possibility that they will not pick Embiid?  I think the medical staff should have the final say, not a hunch or tendency to gamble, and that is the way it should be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many also had back issues, how many only played one year of college only to skip the tournament entirely?

Taking Embiid in the top ten would be dumb.

[/QUOTE]  I've been called worse. I take him at 6, if he's still there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Another thing people are forgetting is that Embiid is not Shaq.  He's not a finished product coming out of college; he's a project and projects do not develop if they are not playing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another thing people are forgetting is that Embiid is not Shaq.  He's not a finished product coming out of college; he's a project and projects do not develop if they are not playing.

[/QUOTE]

He averaged 23 minutes a game in one year of college ball, averaged 11 points and 8 boards, has a bad back and needs foot surgery. Sign me up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many games do kids play in a high school season?  Embiid has lower back stress fractures and foot stress fractures after 1 year of 30 games.  How do you think he will respond playing an 82 game schedule?

[/QUOTE]

+1 - 82-games is a grind for a healthy player!

J. Randle also has a screw in his ankle or foot? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Already had his foot surgery.  According to the report (most likely from his PR team), he will be out 4-6 months, and his medical record might not be released for teams to examine before the draft.  They are being tight lipped about his prognosis, 4-6 months is probably generous and optimistic, otherwise let's hear it from his doctors or examined openly by third reputable party.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Already had his foot surgery.  According to the report (most likely from his PR team), he will be out 4-6 months, and his medical record might not be released for teams to examine before the draft.  They are being tight lipped about his prognosis, 4-6 months is probably generous and optimistic, otherwise let's hear it from his doctors or examined openly by third reputable party.

[/QUOTE]

Kind of like buying a car without looking under the hood! Crap-shoot!

if the car is older and semi-cheap - roll the dice! If the car is newer, semi-expensive, and there are known issues under the hood - pass! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The end result of Embiids bad luck for the Cs, might be a trade back in the first round! Pick up an additional pick in the first and possibly a pick or two in the second! 

I do not see the Cs taking Embiid at 6! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone know what the Bulls want for their pick(s)?

On a similar note - I just read the Knicks are not interested in Carlos Boozer, which means Phil will probably lose CarMElo for nothing......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gg

[/QUOTE]

How many of these were stress factures?  If it can heal itself in place it may be far from career ending.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many of these were stress factures?  If it can heal itself in place it may be far from career ending.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean.  I believe these are all or most of the big men in NBA history that had to have the same or similar surgery.  Embiid already had the surgery, so it cannot heal by itself now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It was called a stress fracture.  That is not a complete fracture but a small crack in the bone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

They are all fractures or problems related to overuse or activities.  None of them are caused by trauma or accidents.  I don't understand the distinction you are trying to make.  Is there a news article saying what Embiid has is very different from all these previous cases?

They already put 2 screws into his foot, at this point I don't think it matters what degree of the fracture he had.